Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

Just now, wppete said:

Have to free up money to sign Mack. Don’t want Hughes to be traded but trading him makes the most sense along with a draft pick. Also the raiders will be looking for some help at DE.

Not necessarily.  They can structure a deal in a way that the signing bonus is big but the cap hit begins next season when they have 70+ in space.

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

Not necessarily.  They can structure a deal in a way that the signing bonus is big but the cap hit begins next season when they have 70+ in space.

Ok then. Who do you think would be a fit for the trade? 

I just thi k Hughes makes the most sense for the Bills and the raiders. 

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Too much or not enough?

If they have to give up a number 1, I'd rather give the 2020 one.

That deal is much better for us than it is them. Obviously you want to hold off on the 1st being in 2020 because you think we’ll be a better team. The Raiders are going to want our 2019 1st since we’ll likely be starting a rookie QB and may not be a good team.

We are getting an elite player and are going to have to pay for that. If you were the Raiders, would you be happy with that deal?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Why does everyone want to get rid of Hughes?  His money is not oppressive.  And he puts pressure on QBs even if he doesn't get the sack.    

What makes anyone here think Hughes has any value? He hasn't performed at a high level in any scheme since Schwartz. Trading Hughes would be nothing more than a salary dump. I don't see the raiders doing us that favor.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

What makes anyone here think Hughes has any value? He hasn't performed at a high level in any scheme since Schwartz. Trading Hughes would be nothing more than a salary dump. I don't see the raiders doing us that favor.

Here you go again.  Hughes is a very good player as both a pass rusher and run defender. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

That deal is much better for us than it is them. Obviously you want to hold off on the 1st being in 2020 because you think we’ll be a better team. The Raiders are going to want our 2019 1st since we’ll likely be starting a rookie QB and may not be a good team.

We are getting an elite player and are going to have to pay for that. If you were the Raiders, would you be happy with that deal?

On the Raiders forums they think they are getting 2 firsts and 2 seconds for him...

Fans think up unrealistic trade scenarios that always favours their team...

If he is traded I believe it will include a 2019 first + extras and I just don’t see Beane parting with that for the privilege of then paying him $110mil for 5 years..

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

On the Raiders forums they think they are getting 2 firsts and 2 seconds for him...

If he is traded I believe it will include a 2019 first + extras and I just don’t see Beane parting with that for the privilege of then paying him $110mil for 5 years..

Thats hilarious ?. 2 First and 2 Second round picks is crazy. No team would do that for a non QB. Only player in the league that might be worth that would be Aron Rogers. 

Edited by wppete

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I agree.  It’s a trade Whaley would have made, but not Beane.  

Given Mack’s contract demands, I believe there are probably only a few teams willing and able to pay more than a second round pick for him.  

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s a trade Whaley would have made, but not Beane.  

This x10000

I can't see Beane parting with the draft capital AND money needed to secure Mack's services for the long haul.

I would love to be wrong on this, but I don't think I am.

• Thank you (+1) 1