Why Does The National Media Want To See Josh Allen Fail?

mykidsdad

11 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-2018-bills-19-browns-17

Interesting that PFF has little to say about Josh Allen's progress. I normally have a lot of confidence with their analytics and when they came out strongly against Josh Allen, I was really discouraged. If they end up being wrong on this, it may be one of their bigger misses using their advanced stats. It seems to me that they're already being a little stuborn about Josh's early success. It is very early, still, but I would have expected them to say something about him. Could Josh possibly ding their credibility? 

They had NOTHING to say about his performance in their article about the Browns game.  In fact they warped reality to make it sound like McCarron and Peterman both did as well as Allen.

PFF lost all credibility with me today - it's OK to guess wrong (and who knows - they may still be right about him) but it's absolutely NOT OK to warp your news articles to conform to your narrative.

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

They had NOTHING to say about his performance in their article about the Browns game.  In fact they warped reality to make it sound like McCarron and Peterman both did as well as Allen.

PFF lost all credibility with me today - it's OK to guess wrong (and who knows - they may still be right about him) but it's absolutely NOT OK to warp your news articles to conform to your narrative.

I guess they thought they had it covered saying how well he handed the ball off.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Interesting that PFF has little to say about Josh Allen's progress. I normally have a lot of confidence with their analytics and when they came out strongly against Josh Allen, I was really discouraged. If they end up being wrong on this, it may be one of their bigger misses using their advanced stats. It seems to me that they're already being a little stuborn about Josh's early success. It is very early, still, but I would have expected them to say something about him. Could Josh possibly ding their credibility? 

Jeez...  The opinions on Josh Allen include all ranges of the spectrum. Exaggeration seems likely here.   

35 minutes ago, Kelly101 said:

The whacked out media is extremely left, IMHO they want to persecute the bills

for trading tt.

Some proof, see the sudden drooling love for a team that won 1 game in 2-3 seasons.

To each their own but that sounds like straight up crazy talk. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you just saw stats the game would not really stand out to you. 

If you just saw analytics it would look different but just tell a different story. 

If you just saw highlights you could say that's how he always plays, a couple wow plays but little else. 

If you watched the entire game you would have a completely different perspective and say, wow, the kid really looks pretty good. 

If you watched the whole game, plus the replays and different angles and some all-22 you say Holy Hell, this guy can really play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Because he went to the Bills, big market media hates small markets. Chicago media constantly rips the Packers and gets their Buffalo jabs in from time to time. They don't want a small market team having the best QB in the NFL so they hammer him.

:huh: This is incorrect. Much of the criticism of Allen predates the draft long before he was selected by the Bills.  Many of those same critics are now praising him for the progress he's shown in preseason that shows develoment in his previous areas of deficiency.  The paranoia needs to end. 

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If you just saw stats the game would not really stand out to you. 

If you just saw analytics it would look different but just tell a different story. 

If you just saw highlights you could say that's how he always plays, a couple wow plays but little else. 

If you watched the entire game you would have a completely different perspective and say, wow, the kid really looks pretty good. 

If you watched the whole game, plus the replays and different angles and some all-22 you say Holy Hell, this guy can really play. 

If you compared him to the other 2 QBs on the roster for the same game...

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

If you compared him to the other 2 QBs on the roster for the same game...

.....then he’s a Superstar! 

The difference was indeed remarkable. I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, and I expect some bumps in the road, but Allen looks MUCH better than I expected so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

PFF will survive, I'm sure. They seem to be a solid source, getting better anyway.

Its 50/50. Has been. Always will be. From a sports anylitics crew, to owners, coaches, die hard fans, local media, etc. 

This won't hurt PFF, but it just MAY help build the Legend Coming? Maybe...its 50/50 

Idt their coaching was garbage, btw

Football analytics has its place, but football analytics will never be as well respected as baseball and to a lesser extent basketball. But there is a place for PFF style analytics it just has to be taken with a grain of salt. 

13 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

It's a conspiracy against Buffalo. Isn't it always?

In my opinion because credibility is at stake

When you go THAT FAR one one way as to predicting a player is going to bust and point to your "rock solid" reasons on why it is going to happen.....then it doesnt....you have egg on your face.

I was listening to Cowterd the other day and he is another one of them......I heard him get shut down by a former NFL qb in a interview so bad that he quickly moved past Josh Allen in the talk onto something else.....