[Edited Title] Tremaine Edmunds looks Lost

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Rob, seriously? Bust? Watch the friggin game. The guy is 20 years old and was close to being the best defensive player on the field for the Bills. I'm not certain that he should be calling the plays, but I am sure that he  is far from looking like a bust. Are you just trolling?

exactly,  he's the youngest rookie LB in the history of the NFL. I realize we're all pissed off and we want to spray the blame gun all over this team. If you want to lay blame go after the overpaid and underperforming veterans like Benjamin, Murphy and Star. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

exactly,  he's the youngest rookie LB in the history of the NFL. I realize we're all pissed off and we want to spray the blame gun all over this team. If you want to lay blame go after the overpaid and underperforming veterans like Benjamin, Murphy and Star. 

Edmunds was one of the better players on a defense that played like dogcrap. A dubious honor to be sure but he was not the problem. While the game was still in reach, the real issue was 0.0 pass rush. After it got to 26, they quit, which was a team issue. 

1 hour ago, kelchlsm said:

This isn't a troll. Im sorry I created an account to discuss a serious issue with this team currently!!

Except you aren't discussing anything you said he looks lost without adding any fact as to why. All signs pointed yesterday to Edmund's looks like he is going to shape into a very good player in the future.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:22 AM, kelchlsm said:

He still looks lost

What's lost is your marbles.

Seriously, you're trolling, right? (I hope)

On 9/10/2018 at 11:42 AM, kelchlsm said:

This isn't a troll. Im sorry I created an account to discuss a serious issue with this team currently!!

Lol

There are several "serious" issues with this team currently...Edmunds is NOT one of them.

Stats: How will Tremaine Edmunds' rookie numbers compare to past NFL first-round picks?

It’s never easy to predict what could be the final statistical numbers for a running back, wide receiver, tight end or quarterback on offense, though the fantasy gurus make projections every summer. The task is even harder for defensive players, due in part to factors like time on the field, opposing offense they’re facing and scheme.

Tremaine Edmunds had an encouraging debut performance for the Bills, despite a very disappointing result on the scoreboard. He logged seven tackles, a pair of pass breakups, a sack and a forced fumble.

If this was game one on a bad day, what else might Edmunds have in store for Bills fans in his rookie season?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally blame Tremond Edmunds for not catching those deflected passes and running them back for touchdowns

Does this fit what a select few are saying in this thread lol

I blame him for global warming.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:58 AM, Batman1876 said:

I did some stat checking and it turns out there are 10 other guys on the defense plaiyng with him, apparently one player is not solely responsible for stopping the 11 guys on offense. But I'm curious did you see a player in the draft who could have fixed both our offensive line and our WR corps? Because if we could have drafted such a player I'd totally agree with you. 

Thank you for your in-depth reaseach and tremendous enlightenment!   ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally blame Tremond Edmunds for not catching those deflected passes and running them back for touchdowns

Does this fit what a select few are saying in this thread lol

I personally blame Tremond Edmunds for that botched Field Goal!!!   

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I actually saw Tremaine out and about the other day. He was shopping when all of a sudden these five dogs got off the leash and were running right at him. He threw down his bags and got into an athletic position to try and stop the dogs for their owner. One by one they deked him out and just kept on going, except for the last one who stopped and bit Edmunds's leg after making him fall down. Then TE got mad and he ate the dog! We probably shouldn't have used two draft picks on him.  

Edited by VW82

On 9/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, kelchlsm said:

Is it too early to suggest we wasted draft pick on Edmunds?

I haven't heard his name all preseason, or yesterday at all when we gave up 40+ points-

Just seems like we kind of wasted a pick on him when we could've used the pick to better ourselves on the line or with our receivers-

I was laughed at this- chargers been picking on him all game he looks lost/terrible!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, McD and Fraiser are going to have to scheme up something on defense to hide Edmunds and Miliano's deficiencies.  This sitting back in zone is causing both Edmunds and Miliano to be exploited.  Giving them man coverage assignments do the same thing.

Edited by NewEraBills

On 8/17/2018 at 7:41 PM, ******* said:

Yeah he’s young yeah it’s preseason but yuck looks lost 

Playing way to,close,to LOS we are three yards off getting caught in the surge no room to react on run and to close to line on pass plays to help coverage over middle

I understand that rookies needs some time to adjust to the pro game but man this guy looks horrible.  He can't cover man to man, can't cover in zone, is a step late in reacting to the run, bites HARD on every play action, fills in the wrong gap constantly, hesitates and ends up in "no man's land", needs help making calls.  Why is he even a MLB?  He never played the position before and athleticism is best exploited at the OLB position.  He reminds me of..... *takes a deep breath*.......Aaron Maybin.  Freakish build and athleticism and is the guy who always runs in at the end of a play instead of being the first one to get there.  Shows no instincts or anticipation and gets picked on by offenses because of it.  A lot of the yards and points given up in the first half were a direct result of his play.  The only real positives that I can see with him is that once in a long while he'll flash and make a tackle for loss or like last week the forced fumble.  I dunno what we should do though, this coaching staff is stubborn and they're not gong to admit that putting this kid in at MLB was a mistake so I'm guessing that we'll be stuck with him there for the next 3 years if McDermott sticks around for that long.

• Like (+1) 1