Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I like the trade.  I just think a rookie like Foster will beat him out.  Worth a 7th to take a shot but no one here should think he's an automatic upgrade given his history.

They have made this trade because they are not seeing what they need to see from the rookies.  I'd put my house on it.  The Cover 1 reports of Daboll digging the young receivers out on the touchline in camp obviously ring true.  

Good stuff about Coleman from this guy. For a 7th in 2020, this is a great trade. Well done Beane. It's refreshing to see a FO actually address needs. Now this is obviously might not work out, but it's worth a shot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have made this trade because they are not seeing what they need to see from the rookies.  I'd put my house on it.  The Cover 1 reports of Daboll digging the young receivers out on the touchline in camp obviously ring true.  

We'll see.  I'm thinking about what Albert Breer said this morning about Coleman having trouble understanding route trees.  That won't endear him to Daboll either.

3 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Good stuff about Coleman from this guy. For a 7th in 2020, this is a great trade. Well done Beane. It's refreshing to see a FO actually address needs. Now this is obviously might not work out, but it's worth a shot. 

That was some really bad QB play....holy #*%$.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I like the trade.  I just think a rookie like Foster will beat him out.  Worth a 7th to take a shot but no one here should think he's an automatic upgrade given his history.

If they liked Foster they wouldn’t have made the move. He’s had a disappointing camp.

The Bills made this move because they are desperate for speed (especially if Allen is going to play at some point). 

There good thread going on Twitter from Jake Burns. He’s basically like “Cover 1” but analyzing the Browns. I suggest everyone take a look at his opinions on it. He’s way, way, way more informed than any of us on Coleman as a pro.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I see this as a similar situation as Dareus.  He went for a 6th, conditional 5th.  The Bills just wanted nothing to do with him anymore and it looks like Cleveland the same.

Dareus had a huge salary attached, which we were able to dump with the trade.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't think Foster makes the team.  He was talked about recently that he hasn't done a lot in camp as compared to the OTA's.

Foster is probably PS at this point.  Coleman is probably our #2.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If they liked Foster they wouldn’t have made the move. He’s had a disappointing camp.

The Bills made this move because they are desperate for speed (especially if Allen is going to play at some point). 

There good thread going on Twitter from Jake Burns. He’s basically like “Cover 1” but analyzing the Browns. I suggest everyone take a look at his opinions on it. He’s way, way, way more informed than any of us on Coleman as a pro.

Glad I have seen these because my limited exposure to Coleman as a pro I had always been impressed (impressed enough to pick him as a fantasy sleeper last year).  His catch % briefly had me 2nd guessing myself this morning but my word... some of those "targets".  He isn't dropping balls.  Balls are being thrown everywhere but to him.  And I agree totally on Foster.  This is a move that tells us how McDermott, Daboll and Beane feel about the way the young guys have failed to stand up consistently in camp. People can pretend it doesn't but that is not the reality.  

EDIT: Oh and also - @Blokestradamus - DeShone Kizer? Really?

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just watched this and wow....really bad QB play.  Forcing inaccurate balls almost the whole video.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like this trade a lot, low risk.

Man those targets are awful... just awful. Don't know how you could determine much from Coleman when you can't even get close to a reasonable pass.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

What I gleaned from that is just how AWFUL deshone kizer really is

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just watched this and wow....really bad QB play.  Forcing inaccurate balls almost the whole video.

Yeah, I think people underestimate how truly awful the Browns QB play was. It’s tough to tell much because of it. 

On a side note that’s the same thing that happened to EQ St. Brown from ND. I know that the Steelers basically took him off their board because they could tell if he was good or not. There was no real chance to analyze him because of the QB play.