Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 10 - Closed to the Public

14 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I was just talking to someone about how I’m usually anxious and impatient for real games to start this time of the year, but this year strangely looking forward to the preseason. There a lot of questions to answer. 

I’m of the mindset that the defense will be very good this year and I’m cautiously optimistic that one of these guys can separate himself and be a serviceable starter. 

I walked away (from one practice) thinking the same. The defense will keep this team in more games than they probably belong - and I liked Allen's talent enough to think he (or AJM's steady hand) will end up stealing some games behind this defense. 

I'm expecting a step back in terms of win this year, but I think the talk of only winning 3-5 games is going to look silly by year's end. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I walked away (from one practice) thinking the same. The defense will keep this team in more games than they probably belong - and I liked Allen's talent enough to think he (or AJM's steady hand) will end up stealing some games behind this defense. 

I'm expecting a step back in terms of win this year, but I think the talk of only winning 3-5 games is going to look silly by year's end. 

I'm pretty much in the same place.   I want to see the preseason to see what the offense looks like.  It could be horruble, but that's unlikely.  It should be at least as good as in the Taylor years, and the defense will be the best we've seen in years.  

If Allen emerges, watch out.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Trent "Glass Legs" Murphy making a lot of money to not be available. This could get annoying. 

A minor Groin issue can take a week easily.

Ever pulled a groin? Even a slight pull is a big problem. You no doubt pull your groin it could be a month.

Id expect him back this weekend. He won’t play in the game so it’s not worth it. It’s still early, he’s got reps.

Let him heal up, I wouldn’t mess with a groin issue in pre season 

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

A minor Groin issue can take a week easily.

Ever pulled a groin? Even a slight pull is a big problem. You no doubt pull your groin it could be a month.

Id expect him back this weekend. He won’t play in the game so it’s not worth it. It’s still early, he’s got reps.

Let him heal up, I wouldn’t mess with a groin issue in pre season 

I tore my groin about 8-9 years ago.  The doctor told me not to even stretch it for 4-6 weeks because my muscle is trying to fix the tear and stretching it could set it back.

Literally I did nothing in that time range but rest.  Took about 3 months before I could start jogging.

I couldn't afford Physical Therapy at the time so I did it all myself.  I knew all the exercises so it wasn't worth it for me to pay for it.

The craziest thing was all the bruising.  My entire thigh was black and blue and below my knee there were "shades" of the bruise.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I tore my groin about 8-9 years ago.  The doctor told me not to even stretch it for 4-6 weeks because my muscle is trying to fix the tear and stretching it could set it back.

Literally I did nothing in that time range but rest.  Took about 3 months before I could start jogging.

I couldn't afford Physical Therapy at the time so I did it all myself.  I knew all the exercises so it wasn't worth it for me to pay for it.

The craziest thing was all the bruising.  My entire thigh was black and blue and below my knee there were "shades" of the bruise.  

It’s nothing to mess with. I’m sure Murphy felt a little tightness, knot up... any smart trainer is gonna just tell him to rest, stay off your feet, icebath etc. for at min a week.

He’s at what, day 4. Sat will be 10 days. If it was minor, I think that’s when we may see him back out there.

If it was worse than we think... he may not play till 3rd preseason game or longer.

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

It’s nothing to mess with. I’m sure Murphy felt a little tightness, knot up... any smart trainer is gonna just tell him to rest, stay off your feet, icebath etc. for at min a week.

He’s at what, day 4. Sat will be 10 days. If it was minor, I think that’s when we may see him back out there.

If it was worse than we think... he may not play till 3rd preseason game or longer.

I would just be so cautious with him that I wouldn't even consider him until the 3rd preseason game.  Even if he feels great lets say in the next couple of days...don't risk it.

Just have him practice.  Groins are tricky.

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So if Allen worked exclusively with the 3's today, and threw a TD to Brandon Reilly, is Brandon Reilly a 3? I thought the coaches liked him a lot....figured he was a 1 1/2 or a 2.

There's so much movement on the WR depth chart that it's hard to keep track of anything... 

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If Allen is horrendous, it's very likely that you'll start to hear rumblings from fans and local media that it's time to begin scouting Justin Herbert and Will Grier.

Only the uneducated ones

The common thing I see is Receivers dropping balls they should be catching......

Makes the Colemen trade completely understandable

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Only the uneducated ones

The common thing I see is Receivers dropping balls they should be catching......

Makes the Colemen trade completely understandable

I agree...

the last 3 practices has the media and the amatuer camp reporters clealry spelling out the catchable throws from Allen that have been dropped...  I truly would like ot see Allen get more time with a better surrounding cast.....  but they are going to stick to their plan of bringin him along slow....  

That being said I would of bet the farm Peterman was odd man out before TC now I thing he's moving up fast to becoming the front runner. AJ is taking way too many sacks IMO. 

39 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Most vets don't need 4 preseason games to get ready...

3 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If Allen is horrendous, it's very likely that you'll start to hear rumblings from fans and local media that it's time to begin scouting Justin Herbert and Will Grier.

You won't hear that from me.

Tremaine Edmunds: 'I'm up for responsibility' of calling plays on defense (1:45)

Bills rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds talks about his first training camp, training with linebacker Lorenzo Alexander and getting to play in his first NFL game on Sept. 9th.

Micah Hyde: "I think everybody on this defense is motivated" (9:40)

Bills safety Micah Hyde joined One Bills Live and discussed how the defense can take the next step, some of the new faces on the team and coaching staff, and approaching the preseason opener.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I'm a homer, I know, but I haven't seen or heard anything out of camp that leads me to believe Allen will be "horrendous" -- it seems as though he's making a lot of good reads and throws.  If anything, he's being hampered (much as he was in college) by having lesser talent to throw to.

I mean, if Jeff Tuel can look good against 3rd stringers I certainly hope Allen will also.

Allen has looked pretty solid (from what I've read/seen) EXCEPT against the blitz. He seems to be trying to adjust to the speed and complexity of that right now. I don't see him doing great if CAR was blitzing him all half (which, preseason, so they won't).