Better Call Saul: Season 4

/dev/null

I thought there was too much soap opera type things going on...the sideways look Gus gave the Doctor, the way they had Kai interact...too much blatant visual cues, but i get it, it's a short segment and they have to hammer it home in quick fashion, i just expect way more from this show.  I suppose that is a compliment and if that is my only complaint then i think they are doing their jobs very well.  I am intrigued at what Kim has up her sleeve.  Huell absolutely cracked me up last night

30 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I thought there was too much soap opera type things going on...the sideways look Gus gave the Doctor, the way they had Kai interact...too much blatant visual cues, but i get it, it's a short segment and they have to hammer it home in quick fashion, i just expect way more from this show.  I suppose that is a compliment and if that is my only complaint then i think they are doing their jobs very well.  I am intrigued at what Kim has up her sleeve.  Huell absolutely cracked me up last night

I hope she has Bill Burr up her sleeve.

The last time I saw Something Stupid used was for Sideshow Bob and Selma Bouvier skipping through meadows during their marriage

Hector, I know you are in there, time to suffer, and you will eventually kill me in an ingenious way drummed up by Walt, still 5 or so years away from his appearance on the timeline...

So something bad is going down with the Germans, Kai is grossly too obvious to take the fall, Werner seems like a nice man to suck the pipe on an unfair plot twist though

another incredible silent opening, showing how Jimmy & Kim are drawing apart

Great camera work in Kim's office when Jimmy asks for help.  He was standing halfway in the darkness and half in the light

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

But she jumps over to his dark side at the end with something up her sleeve more sinister than Jimmy to get Huell out of jail, involves a lot of office supplies??!!!!! She is “Giselle” again and way smarter than “Victor” Jimmy..... the prosecutor’s pigheaded, probably racist, refusal turns her.

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Curious as to what Kim's master plan is that was hinted at at the end of the show.  I've been saying for a while she's going to dump Jimmy and it still looks that way.

5 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I am intrigued at what Kim has up her sleeve.  

All those office supplies would come in handy making signs for a protest.  You wanna know what's up Kim's sleeve....She's about to play The Race Card

24 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

another incredible silent opening, showing how Jimmy & Kim are drawing apart

Great camera work in Kim's office when Jimmy asks for help.  He was standing halfway in the darkness and half in the light

All those office supplies would come in handy making signs for a protest.  You wanna know what's up Kim's sleeve....She's about to play The Race Card

she also has a small army of very grateful clients who have nothing to do but protest as well

sorta wondering if the bank client is totally happy with Kim moving from a single lawyer to a multi-lawyer situation for the file

Loving the season so far. It’s kind of sad seeing Jimmy and Kim start to drift apart. Jimmy seems to want to do the right things, especially for Kim, but now that Kim has joined the new firm, seems Wexler-McGill will is over and we’ll see Jimmy’s transformation into Saul Goodman. I love Kim’s character, plus she’s hot as hell! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

No way in the world that he learned how to say three words in a few months?  Just wondering why you think that's so far fetched?  My co workers learned to say it in 5 seconds. Why should it take Mike years? 

It's not that it's 3 words, it's the 3 words he used and in that context. 

It's not the type of thing you would learn in a short period of time.

Mike struggles to say "Prost!"  (Cheers) when he drinks his beer...that's the sort of thing he might pick up hanging around those guys.  It was just an odd thing.  Mike's character clearly doesn't speak German, but then he did for a second in a single scene and it makes no sense.  That's my point.

• Like (+1) 1

I may have missed it in a prior episode, but did they show how Jimmy officially adopted Saul?   When the cop walked up to him, he asked for Saul Goodman, but I don't recall the formal transformation.   Is this a foreshadow?  

1 hour ago, GG said:

I may have missed it in a prior episode, but did they show how Jimmy officially adopted Saul?   When the cop walked up to him, he asked for Saul Goodman, but I don't recall the formal transformation.   Is this a foreshadow?  

He used the name previously for his commercial production company when he was trying to sell off his ad time he had bought for his own law practice and they wouldn't refund his money or stop playing the commercials without something else to fill the ad space (he would get in more trouble of his ads ran while he was suspended)

It appears he used the name again (they showed earlier in the episode him opening a box of business cards with the name Saul Goodman on them) for the phone business and its seems it's the name he uses for his shadier dealings instead of his real name.

I was just thinking, when Kim talked to the attorney in the courtroom about lessening the punishment against the guy, she knew that Jimmy was the guy selling the phones and who he was. Could this come back and hurt Jimmy McGill the lawyer in getting his licence back? The guy he had to report to about what he has been doing while suspended did ask him if he has been associated with any known felons, and it was known that the guy who hit the cop was previously arrested 3 years before. Wonder if he ends up in trouble now because of this?

I can definitely see Kim bei g the one that Saul was referring to with his assistant I  the one future scene when they were destroying documents in his office. It seems like she is trying to distance herself from him now, but always seems to feel enough for him that she will help him out when he is in need. I could see her leaving and telling him she cant be with him anymore, but if he is ever in trouble or needs help, to give her a call and she will be there.

6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

He used the name previously for his commercial production company when he was trying to sell off his ad time he had bought for his own law practice and they wouldn't refund his money or stop playing the commercials without something else to fill the ad space (he would get in more trouble of his ads ran while he was suspended)

It appears he used the name again (they showed earlier in the episode him opening a box of business cards with the name Saul Goodman on them) for the phone business and its seems it's the name he uses for his shadier dealings instead of his real name.

I was just thinking, when Kim talked to the attorney in the courtroom about lessening the punishment against the guy, she knew that Jimmy was the guy selling the phones and who he was. Could this come back and hurt Jimmy McGill the lawyer in getting his licence back? The guy he had to report to about what he has been doing while suspended did ask him if he has been associated with any known felons, and it was known that the guy who hit the cop was previously arrested 3 years before. Wonder if he ends up in trouble now because of this?

I can definitely see Kim bei g the one that Saul was referring to with his assistant I  the one future scene when they were destroying documents in his office. It seems like she is trying to distance herself from him now, but always seems to feel enough for him that she will help him out when he is in need. I could see her leaving and telling him she cant be with him anymore, but if he is ever in trouble or needs help, to give her a call and she will be there.

I think your take here makes sense.

I have been saying for a while that Kim is going to dump Jimmy and that is going to push him over the edge to become Saul.  But I agree she seems to have a soft spot for him and will never be able to shut him out of her life completely.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I think your take here makes sense.

I have been saying for a while that Kim is going to dump Jimmy and that is going to push him over the edge to become Saul.  But I agree she seems to have a soft spot for him and will never be able to shut him out of her life completely.

She just seems like she doesnt want to be in a relationship with him anymore Nd feels he might hurt her career. But it seems every time he's in trouble she ends up changing her mind and helping him out. Kind of a similar situation to the way chuck was for Jimmy early on when he was 'slippin jimmy'. He always came back to help him out of a jam, until he became a lawyer

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

She just seems like she doesnt want to be in a relationship with him anymore Nd feels he might hurt her career. But it seems every time he's in trouble she ends up changing her mind and helping him out. Kind of a similar situation to the way chuck was for Jimmy early on when he was 'slippin jimmy'. He always came back to help him out of a jam, until he became a lawyer

The last few episodes have been showing us that she loves helping the low-lifes. It's in her nature. Its the real lawyer work she loves doing. Kim sees the good side of cheating the system. Jimmy has shown that to her. So, I think she picks her battles when it comes to that.

There's no sexual tension between Kim and Jimmy. They're just best friends. I don't think simply breaking up with Kim would put him over the edge. It would have to be something much more dramatic and permanent.

It could just be life catching up with him. Jimmy is the wolf. That's just who he is, ever since he was a kid and watching his dad get scammed in his gas station. Because of that, he'll always be scheming. Not having Chuck around and feeling like he has to prove himself to Chuck is actually what turns him into full-blown Saul.

Kim's more of an enabler. Chuck was not.

Side note: I never realized that the name "Saul" means "asked for; prayed for"

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The last few episodes have been showing us that she loves helping the low-lifes. It's in her nature. Its the real lawyer work she loves doing. Kim sees the good side of cheating the system. Jimmy has shown that to her. So, I think she picks her battles when it comes to that.

There's no sexual tension between Kim and Jimmy. They're just best friends. I don't think simply breaking up with Kim would put him over the edge. It would have to be something much more dramatic and permanent.

It could just be life catching up with him. Jimmy is the wolf. That's just who he is, ever since he was a kid and watching his dad get scammed in his gas station. Because of that, he'll always be scheming. Not having Chuck around and feeling like he has to prove himself to Chuck is actually what turns him into full-blown Saul.

Kim's more of an enabler. Chuck was not.

Side note: I never realized that the name "Saul" means "asked for; prayed for"

Doing pro bono work for those who can't afford legal representation is "helping low lifes" huh? 

I agree Kim and Jimmy do not come across as a romantic couple, and commented on that up-thread.  I'm not sure why that is or if that is even intentional (I think it is) but clearly, they are supposed to be a romantic couple.

So they are not just best friends.

As I said earlier, they relate to one another like they are on a second date.  They are artificially stiff and guarded with how they relate to one another in a way that a romantic couple who lives together would not be.

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Doing pro bono work for those who can't afford legal representation is "helping low lifes" huh? 

I do a lot of D work and all law enforcement people in my life consider it morally wrong to provide a defence 

in order to be retained by the police my IT department is not allowed to do any D work or join associations with lawyers who do D work

Edited by row_33

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Yes

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I do a lot of D work and all law enforcement people in my life consider it morally wrong to provide a defence 

in order to be retained by the police my IT department is not allowed to do any D work or join associations with lawyers who do D work

Work that D

Don't let anyone tell you it's wrong

Feels so right

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

By "morally wrong" do you mean anathema or conflict of interest?

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

By "morally wrong" do you mean anathema or conflict of interest?

Leaning toward Anathema, complaints that the firm is wrong to make money defending such obviously ? corrupt people, refusal to work on these cases

Seems like Jimmy and Kim's relationship is just going to slowly deteriorate instead of some more sudden conclusion.   Not sure which will be more painful to watch.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:09 PM, Fadingpain said:

I agree Kim and Jimmy do not come across as a romantic couple, and commented on that up-thread.  I'm not sure why that is or if that is even intentional (I think it is) but clearly, they are supposed to be a romantic couple.

So they are not just best friends.

As I said earlier, they relate to one another like they are on a second date.  They are artificially stiff and guarded with how they relate to one another in a way that a romantic couple who lives together would not be.

I think it's more the people she is defending then it being pro bono work

Like the first kid she goes to help, starts out all nice then when they are done he is complaining cause of the probation he will have to do.

Jimmy's associate, actually did hit an officer, even if he didnt know who it was, and his first decision is just to run away because he doesnt want to do jail time.

Nacho, you should running back to Saskatoon, not Winnipeg!!!

Krazy 8 collecting the $$ until Lalo, Hector’s brother, has arrived. When Walt and Jesse kidnapped Saul he thinks it’s about Ignacio and Lalo.

Edited by row_33

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Was it a Gus plan to kill them all along?

I'm torn on that one.  If they did the job perfectly, you'd think he'd like to keep them in his back pocket in case he ever needs something else.  They're definitely done for at this point though.

27 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm torn on that one.  If they did the job perfectly, you'd think he'd like to keep them in his back pocket in case he ever needs something else.  They're definitely done for at this point though.

i didn't think he could until last night, seems more plausible now with trouble in the mine

and Gus is fine with Salamancas taking over the storefront on his behalf?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Mike will let Werner go home to his wife

I can't see it.  They didn't hire the first interview because he showed a likelihood to talk about his exploits.  Now Werner just did the same exact thing.  You can't kill the crew but let him leave and expect him to stay quiet.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I can't see it.  They didn't hire the first interview because he showed a likelihood to talk about his exploits.  Now Werner just did the same exact thing.  You can't kill the crew but let him leave and expect him to stay quiet.

yeah but he's a nice and competent and now lonely man, you can kill him......

the first interview went zip-zip-zip with a laser pointer and said "no problems whatever...." 

On 9/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, stevewin said:

Seems like Jimmy and Kim's relationship is just going to slowly deteriorate instead of some more sudden conclusion.   Not sure which will be more painful to watch.

Just watched.  OMG - just when you thought their relationship was over they pull them back!   Now a sudden devastating ending to Kim back in play.  Genius how they manipulated that one.

Edited by stevewin