Better Call Saul: Season 4

/dev/null

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

No half measures, Mike

best crazed drive up a parking garage since the original Get Carter

Jimmy has no answer for what the law meant to him?????  Shoulda channeled Chuck for that one and then named Chuck as his inspiration 

Gillifan back as director for this episode, lots of BB-like scenes and perspectives 

I was expecting him to just give the same speech Chuck gave to him about the law and what it meant to him and why he hated that Jimmy was able to become a lawyer

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I was expecting him to just give the same speech Chuck gave to him about the law and what it meant to him and why he hated that Jimmy was able to become a lawyer

Jimmy hates Chuck and wouldn't imitate him ever

legal tribunals are not Jimmy's forte....

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

Geez......

so Kim is going to get him set up as Saul Goodman somehow?  

I dont know if she is going to set him up as Saul, but this is what will drive him to become Saul. He even mentioned earlier when talking about how the burner cell phone side business was good for getting new clients that the only problem is that they only know him as Saul. I think that the end of next weeks finale is when he makes the turn, probably gets denied again in his appeal and he makes the turn to Saul. 

Also wonder if what I said earlier about Kim being the one Saul said to call when they shredded documents in his office is also true, but she is going under a different name because she gets caught in one of their scams from earlier and it costs her?

I do think my theory that Mike is instructed to kill Werner but let's him get away instead is done, now i think Mike would have no problem taking him out after Mike did what he did for him and Werner betrayed him.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Jimmy hates Chuck and wouldn't imitate him ever

legal tribunals are not Jimmy's forte....

True, but Jimmy also is the type of guy who wouldn't be above stealing something someone else said and using to his own advantage, and Chucks speech would have worked well in that situation.

I dont know if she is going to set him up as Saul, but this is what will drive him to become Saul. He even mentioned earlier when talking about how the burner cell phone side business was good for getting new clients that the only problem is that they only know him as Saul. I think that the end of next weeks finale is when he makes the turn, probably gets denied again in his appeal and he makes the turn to Saul. 

Also wonder if what I said earlier about Kim being the one Saul said to call when they shredded documents in his office is also true, but she is going under a different name because she gets caught in one of their scams from earlier and it costs her?

I do think my theory that Mike is instructed to kill Werner but let's him get away instead is done, now i think Mike would have no problem taking him out after Mike did what he did for him and Werner betrayed him.

she knows how to bend things through the top levels of ABQ law, very very good at it!!!

will be fun to see if the bank plans now 13% larger will be taken lightly by those who know better

no half measures for Mike in BB

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No mistaking that Tio Hector is in the mo-fo-ing HOUSE!!!

I really didn't need a two minute diversion on the meaning of the bell... but that's BCS

I didnt mind it, gave a little backstory that the bell wasnt just some bell that someone attached to his chair for him to use, it was something from his past that was from a hit he was part of, makes him seem a little more evil......

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

True, but Jimmy also is the type of guy who wouldn't be above stealing something someone else said and using to his own advantage, and Chucks speech would have worked well in that situation.

he has his code, maybe he finally lets loose with a true mourning for Chuck at some point??

and he's not that legally booksmart bright, like the 3 on the Tribunal are

American Somoa, cripes....

i try to prep a dozen 100% expected questions for giving and receiving interviews, and relax and be myself for questions that are not fully expected

not having a response for why you want to practice is inexcusable....

I didnt mind it, gave a little backstory that the bell wasnt just some bell that someone attached to his chair for him to use, it was something from his past that was from a hit he was part of, makes him seem a little more evil......

so this actor for my TV watching has been stuck in a wheelchair with a bellhop bell and died on Oz after Adibese jabbed him with a needle containing AIDS blood...

so this is a second Freddie Mercury kinda guy on shows lately including Snowfall

------------------------------------------------------------------------

zipped through a few scenes while enjoying my Eggos this morning

the faces made by Nacho in the nursing home, the old bag thinking he might steal her purse (he's not THAT kind of a criminal) and Kim's mannerisms in the argument and morning after are brilliant

the Salamancas don't care for education, American Somoa would be just their kind of place   :D

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

she knows how to bend things through the top levels of ABQ law, very very good at it!!!

will be fun to see if the bank plans now 13% larger will be taken lightly by those who know better

no half measures for Mike in BB

It will be interesting to see if someone in that office notices the plans for the bank are larger then the original submissions, but I assume that they had not really reviewed the plans there yet. I wonder if the mesa Verde people get suspicious about how she is able to make these changes happen so quickly?

I would suspect though that if she does get taken down and caught, it's because of someone catching a slip up in that office and getting the bank in trouble which then things get tracked down to her, and it will probably be something small and dumb that was missed or overlooked. Maybe even something small and minor is found or missed on the plans and because of it things are reviewed closer and things unravel

It will be interesting to see if someone in that office notices the plans for the bank are larger then the original submissions, but I assume that they had not really reviewed the plans there yet. I wonder if the mesa Verde people get suspicious about how she is able to make these changes happen so quickly?

I would suspect though that if she does get taken down and caught, it's because of someone catching a slip up in that office and getting the bank in trouble which then things get tracked down to her, and it will probably be something small and dumb that was missed or overlooked. Maybe even something small and minor is found or missed on the plans and because of it things are reviewed closer and things unravel

Jimmy can bamboozle a normal woman receiving documents at City Hall (or wherever) but he can't do it to the top minds of the legal profession, they've seen the worst of BS'ers constantly, and they really and truly love the Law with all their heart and mind and soul.... you gotta bleed and pour out your soul when you are before legal and accounting partners and you need something from them in an interview....

you can't dream of getting away with new plans materially increasing the size of a major building in the real world.

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

zipped through a few scenes while enjoying my Eggos this morning

the faces made by Nacho in the nursing home, the old bag thinking he might steal her purse (he's not THAT kind of a criminal) and Kim's mannerisms in the argument and morning after are brilliant

the Salamancas don't care for education, American Somoa would be just their kind of place   :D

Lol, I loved the old ladies reaction grabbing her purse, and then Nachos reaction to that.

And i wonder if the boards decision may have also been based on him graduating from a correspondance school to get his degree and possibly getting something wrong when he was talking about the article in the Bar Journal. They may have noticed in there that he doesnt understand the law as well as he thinks and from his response to the question they don't think he should be practicing?

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Lol, I loved the old ladies reaction grabbing her purse, and then Nachos reaction to that.

And i wonder if the boards decision may have also been based on him graduating from a correspondance school to get his degree and possibly getting something wrong when he was talking about the article in the Bar Journal. They may have noticed in there that he doesnt understand the law as well as he thinks and from his response to the question they don't think he should be practicing?

he tried to play it cool, that doesn't work for important interviews, he really doesn't love the law or legal profession

the EXIT sign reflecting on the table was a nice move, noticed the second time through...

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Jimmy can bamboozle a normal woman receiving documents at City Hall (or wherever) but he can't do it to the top minds of the legal profession, they've seen the worst of BS'ers constantly, and they really and truly love the Law with all their heart and mind and soul.... you gotta bleed and pour out your soul when you are before legal and accounting partners and you need something from them in an interview....

you can't dream of getting away with new plans materially increasing the size of a major building in the real world.

It all depends on what stage those plans were at in the review process at City Hall (or wherever they were submitted).  They may have been submitted and sitting in a queue for review when they came in and swapped them, or they may have been reviewed already and sitting on someones desk in their office. I dont recall if the intent of the Increase was to make the footprint of the building bigger, or just certain uses and areas inside the building bigger? If it was the footprint, then I'm sure there are other forms and paper work where they would have had to include those numbers on the form that would also have to be changed. If it was just adding square footage to some interior space and taking it from some other common or public areas, then it's possible that info would have only been on the plans  

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he tried to play it cool, that doesn't work for important interviews, he really doesn't love the law or legal profession

the EXIT sign reflecting on the table was a nice move, noticed the second time through...

I would say he doesnt love it as much, or in the same way that Chuck and others in the profession do. I think to him, it seems to be more of a game or challenge to try and win a case that he shouldn't be able to win. It's why he is a defence attorney and represents some shady people. Trying to convince a judge and jury that a guilty person is innocent is like running one of his slippin Jimmy scams

41 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I was half expecting the woman from the office to walk in on them while they were eating at that diner.

Gus will happily serve Lalo a special dish that is crispy yet tender inside....

so is Lalo proposing a merger against Don Eladio?  Not Gus's plan.

do they know Natcho is Gus's man?

I'll be watching...

I have not seen this weeks episode. I must comment that last week (letters for Huell) was damn near a jump the shark episode for me.

I am a big fan of BB and BCS, but the lab build should not have taken so many episodes. The dump truck full af handwritten letters was stupid...a couple of dozen, maybe.

Let's move along already!

On 9/27/2018 at 12:37 PM, Fadingpain said:

The entire point of developing Werner's character and his relationship with Mike is to ultimately further develop Mike's character by showing us another side to Mike.

Mike has always placed a personal moral code above being a simple criminal.  Mike is willing to break the law or bend rules if it doesn't negatively impact good people.  Something is going to happen whereby Mike must choose between going full evil (perhaps killing Werner) and being a good or fair person.

One way the show might play it: have Werner make another misstep that only Mike knows about or discovers; Mike will have to decide if it gets reported to Gus or not, knowing that reporting it probably means Werner dies.

Mike will have to weigh blowing the whistle on Werner, the all around good dude who likely doesn't deserve to die, against his loyalty to his boss, Gus, and commitment to the efficient implementation of the construction project in general. 

Mike's character will be tested in this way and it will involve Werner.

Good counter point to my argument above.

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

I'll be watching...

we know from Breaking Bad that Lalo is still alive at the time of the initial meeting between Saul and Walt/Jesse

Lalo is blowing sunshine up Gus's wazoo to get a feel for where Gus stands with with the Salamanca's and Don Eladio

I doubt the Salamanca's suspect Nacho at this point.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Salamanca's don't see Nacho as much more than hired muscle

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

I'll be watching...

I dont think and Salamanca knows Nacho is with Gus....

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

littering on Gus's parking lot is a death sentence

watch the switch on the new plans be the year of the Magna Carta again and a Chuck on the other side will see it....

The switching of the plans was only done to save Kim the time and work to re file the paper work for the changes that the owner from Mesa Verde wanted to make a few episodes ago. In their meeting he mentions a change to the plans and Kim says that it would take alot of time and work to refile all the paper work to make the changes. Their method was quicker and easier.....

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont think and Salamanca knows Nacho is with Gus....

The switching of the plans was only done to save Kim the time and work to re file the paper work for the changes that the owner from Mesa Verde wanted to make a few episodes ago. In their meeting he mentions a change to the plans and Kim says that it would take alot of time and work to refile all the paper work to make the changes. Their method was quicker and easier.....

No, it was a fraudulent move to increase the size of the building 13 percent. 

The AMC on Nacho’s car grill was a nice touch beside the AMC channel ID on my screen

On 10/2/2018 at 3:53 PM, row_33 said:

The AMC on Nacho’s car grill was a nice touch beside the AMC channel ID on my screen

It was actually "AMX" on the grille. 70s AMC Javelin AMX. Sweet ride.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:53 PM, row_33 said:

Didnt the head guy from Mesa Verde want to increase that building? I thought he said it in the one meeting and that it stressed Kim because she new it would involve refilling all the paper work that had been completed and just submitted for that building?

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Didnt the head guy from Mesa Verde want to increase that building? I thought he said it in the one meeting and that it stressed Kim because she new it would involve refilling all the paper work that had been completed and just submitted for that building?

Sure, but once you’ve filed then it’s over.

its picky but it matters, Chuck’s proposal was burned because of the transposition of two numbers on the address, which Chuck knew full well couldn’t have happened on his watch

somebody on the town/city planning committee will be just as sharp and spot a change immediately, perhaps

and both times the scam left a low level employee witness alive to be questioned 

no half measures..

hopefully Howard returns for the last episode, not enough of him this year

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

its picky but it matters, Chuck’s proposal was burned because of the transposition of two numbers on the address, which Chuck knew full well couldn’t have happened on his watch

somebody on the town/city planning committee will be just as sharp and spot a change immediately, perhaps

and both times the scam left a low level employee witness alive to be questioned 

no half measures..

Howard makes a huge difference in the show. His temperament, tone, and sharp edge character can frame any scene contrary to the free painting and damn near finger painting charade Jimmy portrays.  With Kim coming unglued at the seams and Gus & the plan now falling apart the show is at an awkward spot.  It could go any which way which is very dangerous for the story.

57 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Howard makes a huge difference in the show. His temperament, tone, and sharp edge character can frame any scene contrary to the free painting and damn near finger painting charade Jimmy portrays.  With Kim coming unglued at the seams and Gus & the plan now falling apart the show is at an awkward spot.  It could go any which way which is very dangerous for the story.

Howard's role and the performance is one of my favourites, I know plenty of them in life....

Jimmy is a crafty con artist, he is not nearly as smart as the top lawyers he has to deal with, I know plenty of both of them in life....

I won't predict what happens, I'm 0 for 200 on shows the last 15 or so years, which is fun.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

no half measures..

But I think that's the point/reason for their scam, to slip the drawings in and hope the change was minor enough not to notice. As I said before, it could depend in when those drawings were submitted. Working for a town, the applications get submitted and not always reviewed right away. Planning departments arent usually rushed with imposed deadlines from upper government to get things out either. Here in Ontario, building permits under the Ontario government are supposed to be issued within 10 days if a complete application is submitted, planning applications dont have those deadlines. Kim's reasoning for wanting to pull the scam is to get what Mesa Verde wants and save the hassle and work of not refilling.

The difference between this and what Jimmy did to chuck was he left details so the board would find a mistake that would cost Chuck the client. Chuck knew though that he couldnt make a mistake like that and that Jimmy wouldn't be below a scam like that.

But I think that's the point/reason for their scam, to slip the drawings in and hope the change was minor enough not to notice. As I said before, it could depend in when those drawings were submitted. Working for a town, the applications get submitted and not always reviewed right away. Planning departments arent usually rushed with imposed deadlines from upper government to get things out either. Here in Ontario, building permits under the Ontario government are supposed to be issued within 10 days if a complete application is submitted, planning applications dont have those deadlines. Kim's reasoning for wanting to pull the scam is to get what Mesa Verde wants and save the hassle and work of not refilling.

The difference between this and what Jimmy did to chuck was he left details so the board would find a mistake that would cost Chuck the client. Chuck knew though that he couldnt make a mistake like that and that Jimmy wouldn't be below a scam like that.

you have architects and engineers who have contributed to the plans and memorized all of them perfectly

anyways, it's TV so they can do whatever they want regardless of reality's little basic realities

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Howard's role and the performance is one of my favourites, I know plenty of them in life....

Jimmy is a crafty con artist, he is not nearly as smart as the top lawyers he has to deal with, I know plenty of both of them in life....

I won't predict what happens, I'm 0 for 200 on shows the last 15 or so years, which is fun.

Wtf is a favourite?    Murika.

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I wonder if the sky will become ablaze with another jet airliner blowing up this time on a flight to Frankfurt. :ph34r:

That’s a mighty task to perform, mich simpler ways.

mike always fails when it comes to making decisive decisions over struggles from the Plan

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

I wonder if the sky will become ablaze with another jet airliner blowing up this time on a flight to Frankfurt. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

That’s a mighty task to perform, mich simpler ways.

mike always fails when it comes to making decisive decisions over struggles from the Plan

Blowing up an airliner full of bystanders sounds a little out of character for either Mike (conscience) or Gus (too much attention)

My guess is Madrigal, which if you remember is based in Germany, cleans up the mess

Madrigal is the parent company of Los Pollos Hermanos,  and owns the laundry site and the chicken farm.

Hank gave a quick rundown in BB of its connections in a minute during his investigation

littering on it’s property and betraying Gus are two crimes to be dealt with tonight at the farm?

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Madrigal is the parent company of Los Pollos Hermanos,  and owns the laundry site and the chicken farm.

Hank gave a quick rundown in BB of its connections in a minute during his investigation

littering on it’s property and betraying Gus are two crimes to be dealt with tonight at the farm?

Lalo lived evidently cuz Saul mentioned him