It May Be Time To Think Big With The Bills

Maybe the offensive line is not as bad as people thought.

Maybe the receivers could turn into something (sounded pretty good today).

Maybe Buffalo really HAS found their next franchise QB

Did Buffalo really just steal the possible rookie of the year in Edmunds?

There are still a lot of ifs here but looking into next year with no cap issues, tons to spend, and another draft to bolster the O, I am starting to think that the Bills could be on a roll as the Patriots eventually drop back down to Earth. I could not be happier with our coach and GM and contrary to past years when it was nothing but garbage as far as the eye could see, this team seems like it finally has an eye on building a champion. I'm fired up

• Like (+1) 18

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

There are still a lot of ifs here but looking into next year with no cap issues, tons to spend, and another draft to bolster the O, I am starting to think that the Bills could be on a roll as the Patriots eventually drop back down to Earth. I could not be happier with our coach and GM and contrary to past years when it was nothing but garbage as far as the eye could see, this team seems like it finally has an eye on building a champion. I'm fired up

...can certainly understand the reticence that fomented during the post Polian era....littered with misfits, unqualifieds masquerading in FOOTBALL positions, "over the hill gang" that were to perfom based on being "re-tired"........seriously?....."F Troop" comes to mind....and now we have a bonafide FOOTBALL organization run by FOOTBALL people starting with McBeane and his "Gang of 17+" as well as McD with a solid coaching staff (no retireds or "blue light specials").....and both of these Big Dawgs are in their 40's.......keep 'em around and pay them well if they deliver...Steelers' Colbert has been GM since 2000 and they've had THREE HC's in 48 years....SIX Lombardis don't matter, right?.....despite the yipsters' fine whine about who was traded, cut or let walk, who was drafted or not drafted, who has been signed to the camp 90 etc., I venture to say they have accomplished a helluva lot in very short order......feel we're headed in the right direction as in "UP".......either turns out OTAG is CORRECT or it's a GAS BUBBLE...stay tuned.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well, most people who follow the sport closely and are not Buffalo Bills fans think we will win about 4 games this year.  So there's that. 

If Allen defies the odds and is a hit, we could be on the brink of something special.

If he is a miss as anticipated by most, we're in no different position than usual.

The organization, as a whole, is definitely more sound right now than it has been in a long time.  I've been saying that since the beginning with McBeane on board.

The franchise has been flushed clean, finally, and I do think the arrow, writ large, is pointing up.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Well, most people who follow the sport closely and are not Buffalo Bills fans think we will win about 4 games this year.  So there's that. 

If Allen defies the odds and is a hit, we could be on the brink of something special.

If he is a miss as anticipated by most, we're in no different position than usual.

The organization, as a whole, is definitely more sound right now than it has been in a long time.  I've been saying that since the beginning with McBeane on board.

The franchise has been flushed clean, finally, and I do think the arrow, writ large, is pointing up.

..it is pretty difficult not to recognize the prognosticating urinalists and their expertise.....so I think they are going out on a limb (COUGH) at 4 or 5 "W's".......cannot deny our very OWN Mike Rodak, also known as Giselle's House Boy, putting his stellar reputation on the line with his Bills 5-11 forecast for 2017.....guy IS good..........

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...can certainly understand the reticence that fomented during the post Polian era....littered with misfits, unqualifieds masquerading in FOOTBALL positions, "over the hill gang" that were to perfom based on being "re-tired"........seriously?....."F Troop" comes to mind....and now we have a bonafide FOOTBALL organization run by FOOTBALL people starting with McBeane and his "Gang of 17+" as well as McD with a solid coaching staff (no retireds or "blue light specials").....and both of these Big Dawgs are in their 40's.......keep 'em around and pay them well if they deliver...Steelers' Colbert has been GM since 2000 and they've had THREE HC's in 48 years....SIX Lombardis don't matter, right?.....despite the yipsters' fine whine about who was traded, cut or let walk, who was drafted or not drafted, who has been signed to the camp 90 etc., I venture to say they have accomplished a helluva lot in very short order......feel we're headed in the right direction as in "UP".......either turns out OTAG is CORRECT or it's a GAS BUBBLE...stay tuned.............

It rather amazes me that in the past few weeks I've seen the word "foment" used and spelled properly multiple times on a board that collectively can't discern between "your" and "you're."

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It rather amazes me that in the past few weeks I've seen the word "foment" used and spelled properly multiple times on a board that collectively can't discern between "your" and "you're."

You are fomenting trouble. That's what provocateurs do! :)

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

...yur correct....:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 4

I think most people believe we could field a Top 10 Defense this year.   That’s going to keep us in most games.  

Here’s to hoping most of these answers to offensive question marks are positive..

-Is Daboll the answer at OC?

-Is Josh Allen a franchise QB? 

-What exactly does AJ McCarron look like when given a legitimate chance? 

-McCoy/Ivory vs McCoy/Tolbert

-New OL scheme and personnel 

-Can KB stay healthy and be a true #1?

-How does Kerley perform in our offense?

-Can Zay grow up both as a person and player?

-Does anyone else emerge at WR?

-Clay/O’Leary/Thomas is a solid TE unit.  What kind of production do we get from them?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

This is false

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Agreed. The new Buffalo Bills “dna” is the oft-cited “lunch box mentality”. Kyle Williams, Tre White, O’Leary, Allen, Lorax, Tremaine Edmunds, Hyde, Poyer for example. Gone are the days of Dareus, Sammy and Darby (guilt by association with Winston). Beane/McD want players who eat, sleep, **** and !@#$ footballs. I’m ok with that. No more pre- Madonnas