Bills' 2018 Training Camp Day 4 - Nick O'Leary in Walking Boot

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Very early but this draft looking like we added a

Been saying since last year , Hughes numbers didn't reflect his play at all , in his prime and with an upgraded line the numbers should show that this year, one of the most underrated DE in league imo

Yeah, but he needs to install a cooling fan in his helmet for his hot head and avoid dumb-ass fouls that hurt the team

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

O'Leary hobbled?  God's judgement against the Bills for holding a practice on the 'Lord's Day'.

(Say the above using the Dana Carvey 'Church Lady' voice.)

?...?...?

tenor.gif?itemid=7638650

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

we are going to have a modern offence this season!

Daboll is my camp MVP so far. Anything would be a step up from Rick "screen pass to Mike Tolbert" Dennison, but from everything being reported it looks like we're running the Pats offense.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Daboll is my camp MVP so far. Anything would be a step up from Rick "screen pass to Mike Tolbert" Dennison, but from everything being reported it looks like we're running the Pats offense.

I’m excited, if the play calling is as good as I think it will be we will have a solid offence this year. We may end up being a middle of the pack offence and not an anemic offence like all the national media is predicting.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

....which was CLEARLY defined as a "fly pattern"..........

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Yes, or force the other team to throw the challenge flag before they have had a chance to look at a play closely....and have them lose the challenge.

Pretty sure teams have gotten that part sorted out unless we're running a play in 5 seconds they also know the drill. Cept Rex Ryan

Anyways I meant to say.. Nick O'Leary is my favorite pass catcher and I hope he gets loads of targets. Dude's a stud improves every year.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As I mentioned in the Allen thread earlier, the QB competition will be about consistency  not flashy throws and plays, which is why I think ajm will win out (which I think is best for Allen's development too).

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Allen is very natural stepping up in the pocket. One of my favorite traits to see in a QB.

I look for that too.

If that was Tyrod, he would’ve tried to scramble and EJ would’ve done his famous spin move to avoid pressure.

Loving what I’m seeing from ALLEN

• Haha (+1) 1

Sun. July 29: Bills' Camp Practice Tweets.

We start Sunday morning practice with the news of TE Nick O’Leary showing up for practice in a walking boot. The most likely scenario is that he suffered a high ankle sprain. Hopefully he will be fully healed and ready to go when the season starts but we all know how tricky those high ankle sprains can be.

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sun. July 29: Bills' Camp Practice Tweets.

We start Sunday morning practice with the news of TE Nick O’Leary showing up for practice in a walking boot. The most likely scenario is that he suffered a high ankle sprain. Hopefully he will be fully healed and ready to go when the season starts but we all know how tricky those high ankle sprains can be.

Ugh....

The dreaded high-ankle sprain. Dang O'leary. He is harder than a coffin nail though so hopefully he recovers quick, but these things can linger like a bean fart.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen with a sloppy misfire to an open receiver 8 yards down the field at the right sideline off a play-action rollout.

McCarron shotgun empty backfield, quick pass to Clay(?) across the middle for a medium gain.

McCarron steps up to avoid sack (blitz), scrambles for a solid gain.

McCheckdown to Travaris Cadet. Good protection by the starting OLine here.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They do classroom stuff opposite the practice, correct?  in the afternoon if morning practice, in the morning if afternoon practice?

I have a hunch that behind the scenes, how he does in the classroom is part of whether or not Allen sees time with the 1's the following practice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They do classroom stuff opposite the practice, correct?  in the afternoon if morning practice, in the morning if afternoon practice?

I have a hunch that behind the scenes, how he does in the classroom is part of whether or not Allen sees time with the 1's the following practice.

Definitely a factor in the overall evaluation as it should be.  McCarron is particularly good in this area. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman with a perfect back-shoulder throw to Jason Croom for a 23-yard gain.

Screen play there. 

AJ McCarron led the Bills' first-team offense for all of Sunday's practice without Josh Allen receiving any snaps with that group. McCarron continued to look steady but unspectacular, completing most of his throws close to the line of scrimmage but avoiding mistakes. He was sharp on a move-the-ball drill in which he stepped up in pocket and found LeSean McCoy on an outlet for a big gain.

Nathan Peterman looked generally sharper Sunday than he did the first three days of training camp, completing most of his passes in 11-on-11 work with the second team and driving downfield in a move-the-ball drill. Peterman's lone misfire came when he underthrew WR Robert Foster deep over the middle.

Rookie Josh Allen spent all of Sunday's practice with the third-team offense and made the throw of the day, deep down the left sideline to WR Robert Foster. The low point for Allen came in a move-the-ball drill in which he had consecutive incompletions to Foster that might have been the result of a miscommunication.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer
Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen deep pass down the left sideline to Robert Foster, who makes a nice catch but didn't look like he was in bounds. Also looks like it would've been a sack before Allen threw in a real situation.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Screen play there. 

Oops.

Here it is...

Peterman with a perfect back-shoulder throw to Jason Croom for a 23-yard gain.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Josh Allen deep pass down the left sideline to Robert Foster, who makes a nice catch but didn't look like he was in bounds. Also looks like it would've been a sack before Allen threw in a real situation.

A sack or 2, I would say for sure. Nice toss though 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1