Bills' 2018 Training Camp Day 3 - First Day in Pads

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When it became a passing league. It’s the same reason that Brandon Spikes is out of the league. You can’t be a 1 and a half down player. As an example if a team is down 14 points at the start of the 4th Star might not play again.

It’s like being a low post scorer in the pace and space NBA. That skill just isn’t as valuable.

Now, I have hope that Star can be more than just a space eater. It looks like Phillips definitely can. You need to be able to put pressure in the QB in today’s NFL above all else on defense. That’s why pass rushers get paid like they do.

If a team is down 14 in the 4th, wouldn't the opposing team most likely be trying to run out the clock on the ground? If I remember correctly, we couldn't get back into the game last season for those because we'd get gutted on the ground and couldn't stop the opposing team's run offense.

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

If a team is down 14 in the 4th, wouldn't the opposing team most likely be trying to run out the clock on the ground? If I remember correctly, we couldn't get back into the game last season for those because we'd get gutted on the ground and couldn't stop the opposing team's run offense.

When the Bills are up 14. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

AJ McCarron looking like TT 2.0 with his ultra safe play so far at camp 

Not necessarily a bad thing

TT would make an excellent back up QB to a team......and if AJM ends up being a guy that could come in case of injury and win you 3 games.....that is a good thing....

Right now I am predicting

Peterman being released or sent to practice squad if possible

AJM starting the season with Josh Allen taking over perm at some point

or Josh Allen just flat winning the job and AJM is here to back him up

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When the Bills are up 14. 

Is anyone really gonna complain if the bills are up 14 and star takes a seat in the 4th for a more adequate pass rush? It most likely means he did his job the first 3 quarters. 

That’s quite the “problem” to have. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Is anyone really gonna complain if the bills are up 14 and star takes a seat in the 4th for a more adequate pass rush? It most likely means he did his job the first 3 quarters. 

That’s quite the “problem” to have. 

No one is going to complain. Someone just asked “why is it considered a negative if someone is just a space eater?” In today’s pass happy NFL it is a negative because they aren’t on the field enough. I used the Brandon Spikes comparison for that because I think it’s valid. You HAVE to be a factor on passing downs.

Also, I’m not sure that Star can’t be. I don’t think that he is just some big slug in the middle. I think he can be useful on passing downs.