Anyone miss the House they grew up in

Ice bowl 67

You guys ever miss the house you were born and raised in? Have you ever been back in the interior of the house you grew up in after a family member or friend bough it? My folks just moved out of their old house they lived in for 23 years last year. This is the first summer since 1993 they haven't lived there. I lived there from 94 to 09 and boy do I miss it a lot. It was out in the country, great neighbors, huge backyard and beautiful road they lived on. Now they moved into the city and it isn't the same going there. Every house is packed together and its just more depressing. I guess living out in the country is something special.

• Like (+1) 1

I lived in 9 houses -one twice, so really 8...before leaving for college at 17. I have been back to see all but one from the outside. I would like to go in, but not live there. Wow. Small and old, but I was so happy there. 

The one I lived in before getting married, I’d love to be able to buy that place as a second home one day. Awesome Hilton Head condo. 

3 hours ago, The Poojer said:

My parents are still in the same house they bought when I was 3 in 1966.

we have the same thing going on.  my parents build the house in 1975 and still live in it.   i don't think i'll miss it too much if they ever decide to leave.  my mom wants to move badly, but i think my dad is planning on dying in the house.

My parents still live in the same house - since 1963 (well, my Mom does, my Dad had to go into a nursing home a few months ago).  Before that, it was my great-grandfather's house. My family has owned that house for 90 years (since it was built).

Do I miss living there? Not one little bit.

I don't miss it, but then again, my parents still live there.  It's a small house (<1000 sqft) and not well kept up.  It was a roof over my head and I'm very appreciative of what my parents were able to do to raise my brother and I, but no, I don't particularly miss the house.

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  My brother and elderly father (brother is primary caregiver) live there.  I just got back last Thursday.  That's where we stay when we are in WNY.

Was the entire old Garden Village Plaza leveled? Last I heard..the old Hills was still standing.