President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As if it's limited to one side.  The crying over Sotomayor by Republicans, the crap with the Garland nomination was equally absurd.

The majority of people in this country are moderate, conservative in some ways and liberal in others.  At some point the majority will get fed up and the days of the fringe elements on both sides running things will be over.

So you are a liberal, that’s okay, try to stay calm the next 6.5 years.

if you don’t say you are a conservative, you are totally a liberal, there is no mystical third-way, there never will be...

?

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

if you don’t say you are a conservative, you are totally a liberal, there is no mystical third-way, there never will be...

?

I assume this is tongue in cheek otherwise it is a completely ignorant statement

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

?

I donno about being one or the other. IMO most things are shades of grey.... and that includes political views.

For myself, I think I am a mash-up of liberal, conservative, and of course libertarian (since liberal and conservative do have elements of libertarian at their base).

For instance, I believe in - if it doesn't hurt you (generic you) it shouldn't be illegal.  I believe in the safety net of social security and welfare (there will always be people who cannot work and may not have families), and, I believe in a smaller government just doing the basics to make for a first world country that is well protected militarily. 

As I said, a mish-mash.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2018 at 1:06 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

If this is true, and 2/3 of Americans are against overturning Roe v Wade, then there should be no problem overturning Roe v Wade, as there should be immediate and overwhelming popular support to pass a Federal law legalizing abortion.  IE. forcing Congress to do it's job.

In my view, Roe v Wade was incorrectly decided, not because I believe abortion to be immoral (I do), but rather because the Federal government is not given power by the Constitution to prevent states from restricting abortion in it's carefully enumerated powers, most certainly not by the Judicial branch.

Repeal Roe, force Congress to act on the will of the people, and pass a law defining if, and when, abortion is acceptable.  Then have those laws challenged, and vetted by the Courts.  If necessary, and popular opinion is truly there, amend the Constitution.

This is how the process was designed to work.

Now that's just not being authoritarian! It's not how the left likes to work.

BTW, I was just busting on Levi as he is an idiot millennial who does not know his behind from a hole in the ground!

This dude is fine with me. Funny thing this morning, turned on TV and Fox was on...F&F dude with the glasses was having a heart attack that Colbert was making a joke about Kavanaugh's first name and how the left even attacks names now?...jesus...do people actually buy into what these chuckleheads say?

The outrage that a late nite talk show was making a joke!!!!the horror!!

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I assume this is tongue in cheek otherwise it is a completely ignorant statement

for what high holy hill are you able to type while you head is totally up your ass?

typical liberal

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, I was just busting on Levi as he is an idiot millennial who does not know his behind from a hole in the ground!

This dude is fine with me. Funny thing this morning, turned on TV and Fox was on...F&F dude with the glasses was having a heart attack that Colbert was making a joke about Kavanaugh's first name and how the left even attacks names now?...jesus...do people actually buy into what these chuckleheads say?

The outrage that a late nite talk show was making a joke!!!!the horror!!

The outrage is that the late nigh talk shows are turning into another propaganda arm of the DNC.

It was much more subtle in the hey days of The Daily Show.  Not so much anymore.

Just now, GG said:

The outrage is that the late nigh talk shows are turning into another propaganda arm of the DNC.

It was much more subtle in the hey days of The Daily Show.  Not so much anymore.

Need to put this in the other thread about the right being snowflakes...it's freaking jokes for crimminy sakes. I actully like Trump for his sense of humor, he can be pretty damn funny at times. I am sure he gets its a JOKE

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Need to put this in the other thread about the right being snowflakes...it's freaking jokes for crimminy sakes. I actully like Trump for his sense of humor, he can be pretty damn funny at times. I am sure he gets its a JOKE

Actually, this topic belongs in the years-old dormant thread between Greggy & me when we discussed the Daily Show crossing over from comedy into real news.  It's no longer just comedy when it's used as a political platform.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

Actually, this topic belongs in the years-old dormant thread between Greggy & me when we discussed the Daily Show crossing over from comedy into real news.  It's no longer just comedy when it's used as a political platform.

I loved the Daily Show with Stewart( and Oliver), ..meh on it now. And comedy is comedy..just seems no one on the right has a sense of humor?

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I loved the Daily Show with Stewart( and Oliver), ..meh on it now. And comedy is comedy..just seems no one on the right has a sense of humor?

the right has all the good comedians now

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I assume you mean all the elected GOP members??

we are trying to bind a liberal who is trying to be superior about comedy presently...

shhhhhhhhhhh....

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

This issue is not with the notion of comedy.  The issue is with the reality that an incredible percentage of the population use those platforms as news outlets, and that since that realization was made, they have become direct propaganda arms.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just comedy?

Jimmy Kimmel Got a Hand From Chuck Schumer in His Fight Against Obamacare Repeal

Behind the scenes, the late night host and minority leader have been in touch for months on health care policy.

19 minutes ago, GG said:

Please, for the love of God do not revive that thread. It was about as interesting as watching a tennis match between two good players, on a clay court and unwilling to make an unforced error.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Please, for the love of God do not revive that thread. It was about as interesting as watching a tennis match between two good players, on a clay court and unwilling to make an unforced error.

You forgot to add "in a driving rain storm"

Ok, I won't bring that up.  Instead, let's chat on whether Google is a media company :)

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Because the left has ensured that the humor MUST include bashing of the president at every turn. It's VERY tiresome except to leftists.

You'll probably just push this aside, but the truth came out from Kathy Griffin, who openly lambasted Kevin Hart because his big comedy special didn't trash Trump. She was flabbergasted that a black man wouldn't take up the flag.

Of course, she's also too stupid to recognize what would happen if Hart decided to take the amazing ride he is on right now and start making fun of half the country. Hart isn't, but according to Griffin, he's black and he has a duty.

Racist that she is.

Edited by LABillzFan

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So one of the Senators who will be voting to confirm this guy reached out and got help from the Russians to win his election. 

According to the DOJ 

Cancel the confirmation.

hey, thanks for the Democrat talking point on this. now i understand what the press conference today was all about :thumbsup:

Edited by Foxx

He means, Mark Warner, right? The guy who got busted by NSA texting Putin's buddy and oligarch pal to arrange a meeting - then the Senate intel committee hid this information for months with the help of never trumpers? Nah. That's too honest for Tibs. His ire only goes to partisan targets. He has no interest in the truth. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

hey, thanks for the Democrat talking point on this. now i understand what the press conference today was all about :thumbsup:

Hillary farted today, turn on Fox, they are Wall to Wall coverage of it

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He means, Mark Warner, right? The guy who got busted by NSA texting Putin's buddy and oligarch pal to arrange a meeting - then the Senate intel committee hid this information for months with the help of never trumpers? Nah. That's too honest for Tibs. His ire only goes to partisan targets. He has no interest in the truth. 

Link? 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From your politico article: 

Many other conservatives, including Trump himself, have pounced on the Fox report about Warner — although they have been unclear about what exactly they believe Warner might have done wrong, and two key Senate Republicans have defended their Democratic colleague.

Just more of you bull. You purpose is clear here 

Yesterday the media attacked Brett Kavanaugh for...

*checks notes*

Liking beer, being named "Brett," and buying baseball tickets for him and his friends on a credit card and paying it off.

I can't wait to see today's damning news

But the good old Onion says it better than me.

Kavanaugh Nomination Falters After Washington Post Publishes Shocking Editorial Claiming He Forgot Daughter’s Piano Recital

https://trib.al/pAXEPfF 

So real it might not be fake.:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yesterday the media attacked Brett Kavanaugh for...

*checks notes*

Liking beer, being named "Brett," and buying baseball tickets for him and his friends on a credit card and paying it off.

I can't wait to see today's damning news

But the good old Onion says it better than me.

So real it might not be fake.:lol:

Not as compelling as when they insisted Bork wanted to reinstate the right to boil slaves alive if they talked back...

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

From your politico article: 

Just more of you bull. You purpose is clear here 

Uh, it's literally the point made here. 

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again, you're bad at this. Because you're dishonest and not interested in truth. Only partisanship. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Uh, it's literally the point made here. 

Again, you're bad at this. Because you're dishonest and not interested in truth. Only partisanship. 

Glad you brought that up, because you are obviously a totally Pro-Trump wild partisan. You are the more partisan one. You have zero interest in the truth and spread more lies than anyone on this site. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Back to the tired old, "double dumbass on you" argument. 

(YAAAWWWWN)

Let me know when you have actual evidence or a handle enough on the english language to understand the important difference between "hacking" and "phishing". 

Oh you are wildly partisan. More dishonesty on your part denying it. You are a compulsive liar 

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Because the left has ensured that the humor MUST include bashing of the president at every turn. It's VERY tiresome except to leftists.

You'll probably just push this aside, but the truth came out from Kathy Griffin, who openly lambasted Kevin Hart because his big comedy special didn't trash Trump. She was flabbergasted that a black man wouldn't take up the flag.

Of course, she's also too stupid to recognize what would happen if Hart decided to take the amazing ride he is on right now and start making fun of half the country. Hart isn't, but according to Griffin, he's black and he has a duty.

Racist that she is.

Lordy, and you call the left “ snowflakes”. You keep making my point for me. Why TF would you care one iota what Kathy Griffin says. Can you really get offended that easily?

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Lordy, and you call the left “ snowflakes”. You keep making my point for me. Why TF would you care one iota what Kathy Griffin says. Can you really get offended that easily?

You don't have to be offended to point out that the jokes are just tired. Comedy is supposed to be funny.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Didn't Mr. Wolfe, the Senate Intel Committee security guy have a tight relationship with Mark Warner?

• Like (+1) 1