Post a pic of your favorite Christmas and/or Birthday present

Image result for grease album cover

Not even kidding.  I was 7.  Loved the movie and loved Olivia Newton-John.  We used to open one present on Christmas Eve.  I chose to open what was obviously an album.  I forgot which one it was, but I remember that it was NOT Grease; I also remember crying.  My mom quickly found the Grease album and let me open it.  I love my mom.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

To ExiledinIllinois and others:

Who remembers "The Green Machine" ???

I never had one nor do I remember any kid on my street having one, but I remember the commercials.  Had a weird propulsion system based on cranking the 2 hand levers back and forth.

hqdefault.jpg

All the kids that had Green Machines had great 'pipes'.  Nowadays, the strongest muscles are the kids' thumbs.

Related image

Pioneer Super Tuner..we had to move to Grand Island from the Love Canal in the summer of my junior year in high school..i wanted to finish my last year at LaSalle, so had to buy a car on my own(see first car thread)..Mom and Pops got me this and a pair of Sparkomatics Tri Axle speakers as they felt sorry for me. Had that thing for like 10 years!

And man, i still think those Sparkomatics( KMart bran for those that do not know) were every bit as good as the Jensens...and  for like 1/3 price!

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Close, Suzy Homemaker.  A Fish bowl with a siphon tube. Still more manly, and it could double as an Oklahoma credit card.

Easy Bake as my first foray into tailgating. Could never broil a good steak under that 40 watt lightbulb though. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2018 at 11:47 AM, I am the egg man said:

Got it when it came out in 1968, I was 10. 

Vintage-1968-Sandlot-Slugger-Milton-Bradley-Game-w-box.jpg

Few are aware that this is how T-ball started.  Millions of parents bored to tears over these past 50 years would like a word with the game's creator.  The parents will bring their own bats...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 6/28/2018 at 8:54 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Close, Suzy Homemaker.  A Fish bowl with a siphon tube. Still more manly, and it could double as an Oklahoma credit card.

Someone should have gotten you a second fish bowl and siphon tube.   It would have worked out great as career path incentive.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/28/2018 at 3:30 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Related image

Pioneer Super Tuner..we had to move to Grand Island from the Love Canal in the summer of my junior year in high school..i wanted to finish my last year at LaSalle, so had to buy a car on my own(see first car thread)..Mom and Pops got me this and a pair of Sparkomatics Tri Axle speakers as they felt sorry for me. Had that thing for like 10 years!

And man, i still think those Sparkomatics( KMart bran for those that do not know) were every bit as good as the Jensens...and  for like 1/3 price!

That is cool! I never saw a car stereo like that.

34 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

That is cool! I never saw a car stereo like that.

You just implying I am older than the hills??

What was great is that it mounted into a “slide rack” ( someone help me out, what were those things called?) so you could easily take out/in to keep in trunk. Slide mount maybe?

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You just implying I am older than the hills??

What was great is that it mounted into a “slide rack” ( someone help me out, what were those things called?) so you could easily take out/in to keep in trunk. Slide mount maybe?

That is a pull out. I had a Kenwood pullout in the 90s. Later became detachable faces. 

My daughter is 15 and I've been letting her drive some. I have a Maxima and the other day she commented on what an awesome sound system it has (it is froggen incredible) I explained that we used to have to install aftermarket systems, and how mine got stolen twice. Completely foreign concept now.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE