Post a picture of your first ever car

Sorry, I don't have an original pic, but it looked like this (even the color is correct), only with a German license plate.

My-semi-auto.jpg

It was a "Super Beetle" with an 50 HP engine and a semi-automatic transmission. With this transmission, there was no clutch, but you had to shift once when you reached 25-30 mph.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrW said:

Sorry, I don't have an original pic, but it looked like this (even the color is correct), only with a German license plate.

My-semi-auto.jpg

It was a "Super Beetle" with an 50 HP engine and a semi-automatic transmission. With this transmission, there was no clutch, but you had to shift once when you reached 25-30 mph.

What year is that? My wife's first car was a 68 beetle from her grandpa who bought it new and we had it until 2008. Sold it to a guy who wanted to spend a lot restoring it.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

i296030.jpg

my parents let me call the old family truckster “my car” for a few months when I was a senior in college. 

1969 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 390 ci v8. It never saw a gas station that it didn’t like. 

33703440002_large.jpg?v=0

After college i bought a car a car that my friends and I referred to as the “go kart”. A 1973 Toyota Celica that was amateurishly repaired after an accident. Mine was silver. 

Amazing that Celica in the picture is not rusted out.  But, by the looks of the plates in the pic... It appears to be in California.

My uncle had a 1976... The thing withered away from being exposed to the harsh BFLo winters of the late 1970s... Same with our 1981 Mazda GLC... By 1985... The floor boards were rotting through.

1968 Ford Galaxy back during the late 1970's.  Don't readily have a pic but they appeared on nearly every television show back during the late 1960's for a family car.  At least on the shows sponsored (furnished vehicles) by Ford such as Andy Griffith and Mayberry RFD.

12 hours ago, Turk71 said:

What year is that? My wife's first car was a 68 beetle from her grandpa who bought it new and we had it until 2008. Sold it to a guy who wanted to spend a lot restoring it.

I think they built them from 68 to 70. I do not remember what year mine was. I bought it used in 1980, and it lasted until 1985.

16 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

First car ever bought from a dealer - 1983 Toyota Celica GT Coupe like this, only Chocolate Brown: 

1983_toyota_celica_gt_liftback-pic-36033

Loved that car

Now we are changing the game.  First brand new car from dealer was this.  Great "trail vehicle"... I lifted leaf springs (added leafs) and 1" body lift and crammed 31s on it...

...Until I blew the head gasket on that poor stressed out 1.2L up on Salmon River in Pulaski, NY... Traveling to work in hydrographic survey for the Corps.  Built like an ATV, but not for the Thuway...

001.jpg

1986 Sanurai... Fit like an ATV on trail.