Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

How was everyone's Father's Day?

The "people responsible for this" are the people that brought them to the border. "No books, no toys"...I see what appears to be a video gaming system on in the background, and who really knows what's out of the picture? I bet they are eating well. They are kept in a secure area out of necessity. I guess it's a "cage" because it's made of fencing (but not like the small kennels of the Obama Administration days).

No doubt this is the photo that looks the worst of any an anti-Trump "journalist" was able to hunt down. They will all be okay. Really.

It looks like the system is overwhelmed, and when they finally get some control of the border, they will likely be able to provide better accommodations consistently. Or maybe you want them to build hotels?

After the parents, the real responsibility for these people is the Mexican Government! These are, by and large, Mexican citizens.

What should be happening, is that they should be housed in Mexico, where they can be kept until their family can pick them up. Really, it's not even far away....it's like, a stone's throw. It isn't beyond the pale to suggest Trump would be willing to propose funds for the building of "Emergency Housing for the Stranded Children of Irresponsible Mexican Migrants" in Mexico, as part of The Wall agreement! 

(Guess what, I bet the kids would prefer the living conditions in the good ole USA for that duration)

Tell me where I'm wrong....

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

Truly miserable human beings.

If you're so concerned,  why don't you do something for the thousands of homeless American children in this country? 

Oh that's right, you can't use them as a political ploy. 

You're right, a piece of human garbage you are.

DHS Secretary Nielsen slams 'irresponsible' media, says no 'policy of separating families at the border'

The head of the Department of Homeland Security bashed the media Sunday for their reporting on the increasingly volatile immigration controversy, writing in a string of tweets: “We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.”

She noted that no one is “breaking the law by seeking asylum at a port of entry.”

Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen

@SecNielsen
 This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.

5:51 PM - Jun 17, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/17/dhs-secretary-nielsen-slams-irresponsible-media-says-no-policy-separating-families-at-border.html

Edited by ALF

25 minutes ago, ALF said:

DHS Secretary Nielsen slams 'irresponsible' media, says no 'policy of separating families at the border'

The head of the Department of Homeland Security bashed the media Sunday for their reporting on the increasingly volatile immigration controversy, writing in a string of tweets: “We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.”

She noted that no one is “breaking the law by seeking asylum at a port of entry.”

Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen

@SecNielsen
 This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.

5:51 PM - Jun 17, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/17/dhs-secretary-nielsen-slams-irresponsible-media-says-no-policy-separating-families-at-border.html

So what's the problem?

Former first lady Laura Bush has hit out at “cruel” and “immoral” separations of families at the U.S. border with Mexico, comparing the policy with World War II Japanese internment camps. In a rare public statement, the wife of George W. Bush wrote in The Washington Post: “I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart. Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese-American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history.” Bush's intervention comes after first lady Melania Trump called for more “heart” in her husband’s border policies

https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-bush-hits-out-at-cruel-and-immoral-family-separations

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Former first lady Laura Bush has hit out at “cruel” and “immoral” separations of families at the U.S. border with Mexico, comparing the policy with World War II Japanese internment camps. In a rare public statement, the wife of George W. Bush wrote in The Washington Post: “I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart. Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese-American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history.” Bush's intervention comes after first lady Melania Trump called for more “heart” in her husband’s border policies

https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-bush-hits-out-at-cruel-and-immoral-family-separations

Why was she ok with when the last Prez was doing it?  And why were you?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I actually agree with you, for once. The morons bringing their children illegally across the border, knowing that they are going to be incarcerated and separated from their children pending deportation proceedings if caught, truly are miserable human beings.

barging in, demanding stuff, using children...

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Link? What are you talking about? 

The tweeted pictures that had to be erased because they happened in 2014? Remember that?  Or were we all supposed to forget so that the narrative could be revived?

In fiscal year 2013, under the Barack Obama administration, the HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) had as many as 25,000 unaccompanied children in its care across 80 shelters, according to a July 2014 article in Mother Jones.

The number represented a huge jump from 2011, when the ORR had just 53 shelters housing 6,560 kids.

The surge in the number of children being taken into custody was so unexpected that federal immigration authorities temporarily placed children in emergency dormitories at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Mother Jones reported.

At the time, the dramatic increase in the number of unaccompanied children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border had "reached a crisis proportion" by June 2014, with a 90 percent surge in arrivals from 2013, according to Migration Policy. 

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-holding-more-immigrant-children-shelters-ever-949099http://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-holding-more-immigrant-children-shelters-ever-949099

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The tweeted pictures that had to be erased because they happened in 2014? Remember that?  Or were we all supposed to forget so that the narrative could be revived?

A tweeted picture? I see the Trump propaganda machine has not come up with the right bs for you to spread yet 

46 minutes ago, ALF said:

In fiscal year 2013, under the Barack Obama administration, the HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) had as many as 25,000 unaccompanied children in its care across 80 shelters, according to a July 2014 article in Mother Jones.

The number represented a huge jump from 2011, when the ORR had just 53 shelters housing 6,560 kids.

The surge in the number of children being taken into custody was so unexpected that federal immigration authorities temporarily placed children in emergency dormitories at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Mother Jones reported.

At the time, the dramatic increase in the number of unaccompanied children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border had "reached a crisis proportion" by June 2014, with a 90 percent surge in arrivals from 2013, according to Migration Policy. 

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-holding-more-immigrant-children-shelters-ever-949099http://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-holding-more-immigrant-children-shelters-ever-949099

Maybe the writers at Mother Jones were stoned.  The pictures that were attributed to evil Trump policy, but were really taken during the fantastic Obama administration were from Arizona, not Texas.

i like all the excuses for the "sudden, surprising surge" though.  I'm sure it was just random that people started sending their kids like that, all at one time.

3 hours ago, westside said:

If you're so concerned,  why don't you do something for the thousands of homeless American children in this country? 

Oh that's right, you can't use them as a political ploy. 

You're right, a piece of human garbage you are.

He says as the president of the USA tweets "No wall, no kids". 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

I wish I knew , maybe those crossing the border are unaware of the proper procedure for asylum ?

I usually have a passport at hand and a heck of an acceptable reason whenever I petition to enter the US for business or leisure, subject to a hassle almost every single time.

I didn't know I could just tromp right in and even set up shop permanently.

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I don't remember Obama tweeting that.

Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

BAM

Illegal Aliens Using Minors to Enter U.S. Increased 315 Percent Since Last Year

and why illegal immigration push? let's thank our democrat friends for encouraging it.

Maga.

Edited by Albwan

I guess this is ok, Trump isn't lying like Joseph Goebbels, he is just a complete idiot who doesn't understand anything 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-we-dont-want-eu-immigration-to-happen-with-us

I

n a series of tweets Monday morning, President Donald Trump falsely claimed that Germany’s crime levels had risen because of an influx of immigration, while arguing that the United States must ensure that Europe’s migrant situation doesn’t “happen with us.” “The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition,” he wrote, in an attack on Chancellor Angela Merkel’s refugee policy. “Crime in Germany is way up. Big mistake made all over Europe in allowing millions of people in who have so strongly and violently changed their culture!” The president’s claim isn’t true: According to the nation’s 2017 crime statistics, Germany “hasn’t been this safe in more than two decades” and are at the lowest levels on record since 1992.

President Trump has calculated that he will gain political leverage in congressional negotiations by continuing to enforce a policy he claims to hate — separating immigrant parents from their young children at the southern border, according to White House officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-cites-as-a-negotiating-tool-his-policy-of-separating-immigrant-children-from-their-parents/2018/06/15/ade82b80-70b3-11e8-bf86-a2351b5ece99_story.html?utm_term=.2f0b3513d33f

just like Putin using children as bargaining chips over sanctions. Everyday he is more and more like an enemy of democracy. 

39 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I don't remember Obama tweeting that.

Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

Fake picture? 

When the Obama administration attempted to respond to the “crisis” of families and unaccompanied children crossing the border in summer 2014, it put hundreds of families in immigration detention — a practice that had basically ended several years before. But federal courts stopped the administration from holding families for months without justifying the decision to keep them in detention.

So most families ended up getting released while their cases were pending — which immigration hawks have derided as “catch and release.” In some cases, they disappeared into the US rather than showing up for their court dates.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/children-immigrant-families-separated-parents

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

When the Obama administration attempted to respond to the “crisis” of families and unaccompanied children crossing the border in summer 2014, it put hundreds of families in immigration detention — a practice that had basically ended several years before. But federal courts stopped the administration from holding families for months without justifying the decision to keep them in detention.

So most families ended up getting released while their cases were pending — which immigration hawks have derided as “catch and release.” In some cases, they disappeared into the US rather than showing up for their court dates.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/children-immigrant-families-separated-parents

Catch and release. Making them sound like animals 

Just now, DC Tom said:

Well, then, it's a good thing Trump ended it, isn't it?

Because Trump supporters made them sound like animals? That's a justification? 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why are all these folks leaving their home country?

Because they are freedom seekers 

27 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Strange that these persecuted individuals would be running towards those actual, literal Nazi's this time...

logic does not compute with them

5 minutes ago, westside said:

That's probably better than where they came from

That's what makes them so desperate. Central America is just too dangerous. I wish I had a solution but I don't.

More Than 2,300 Suspected Online Child Sex Offenders Arrested During Operation “Broken Heart”

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/more-2300-suspected-online-child-sex-offenders-arrested-during-operation-broken-heart

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trafficking-arrests/nearly-500-arrested-in-california-human-trafficking-raids-idUSKBN15G5J6

More cases of human trafficking were reported in California than in any other U.S. state last year, according to data from the National Human Trafficking Resource Center’s hotline.

So much outrage... yet so few willing to connect the dots. 

DHS Secretary Nielsen slams ´irresponsible´ media, says ´no policy of separating families at the border´
by Frank Miles

Original Article

The head of the Department of Homeland Security bashed the media Sunday for their reporting on the increasingly volatile immigration controversy, writing in a string of tweets: “We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.” Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen added: “This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.”.

Although understanding and agreeing with the reality of Ms. Nielsen’s assertion that misreporting is being irresponsible and unproductive, the application of Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” makes sensationalizing misreporting quite beneficial to the opposition party and President Trump’s adversaries, especially Rule 12 to target, freeze, personalize, and polarize. The more alarm and disdain projected by the opposition party and Never-Trumpers makes it easier to organize protest groups throughout the country to inflame and encourage the electorate to vote Democrat in November to gain control of Congress.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:
DHS Secretary Nielsen slams ´irresponsible´ media, says ´no policy of separating families at the border´
by Frank Miles

Original Article

The head of the Department of Homeland Security bashed the media Sunday for their reporting on the increasingly volatile immigration controversy, writing in a string of tweets: “We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.” Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen added: “This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.”.

Although understanding and agreeing with the reality of Ms. Nielsen’s assertion that misreporting is being irresponsible and unproductive, the application of Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” makes sensationalizing misreporting quite beneficial to the opposition party and President Trump’s adversaries, especially Rule 12 to target, freeze, personalize, and polarize. The more alarm and disdain projected by the opposition party and Never-Trumpers makes it easier to organize protest groups throughout the country to inflame and encourage the electorate to vote Democrat in November to gain control of Congress.

Hello??? What??? This ding bat needs to be fired 

3 minutes ago, peace out said:

Nielsen has contradicted herself three times in the last three days. She's full of it.

Wow, a West Virginian up for re-election doing this? Opposing Trump in the most pro-Trump state of them all. Very few Republicans are doing or saying much of anything.