Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

Some good news:

Polling shows overwhelming opposition to the family separation policy. Except of course for Republicans, this party of family values mostly supports it.

I feel for the 1 out of 3 Republicans that oppose it. It must be tough watching your party spiral out of control and get taken over by sociopaths.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Polling shows overwhelming opposition to the family separation policy. Except of course for Republicans, this party of family values mostly supports it.

I feel for the 1 out of 3 Republicans that don't support it. It must be tough watching your party spiral out of control and get taken over by sociopaths.

Remember this post in the months to come please. 

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Some good news:

I feel for the 1 out of 3 Republicans that oppose it. It must be tough watching your party spiral out of control and get taken over by sociopaths.

So 2/3 of all polled want to throw the children in jail with their parents?

• Haha (+1) 1

America is so horrible... full of white nazis, who torture and hold back everyone not white,

led by a terrible monster of a leader...and yet, people are desperate to come here...

by the tens of thousands....drawn here by the democrat slave masters, who will do or

say anything to get votes, at their idiot sycophants expense.

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

America is so horrible... full of white nazis, who torture and hold back everyone not white,

led by a terrible monster of a leader...and yet, people are desperate to come here...

by the tens of thousands....drawn here by the democrat slave masters, who will do or

say anything to get votes, at their idiot sycophants expense.

Just because a POS party and criminal president are in charge today does not mean this is forever. People kind of get that. 

It’s not really unusual for feminist Jessica Valenti to lie. But you’d think that after getting called out on her B.S. so many times, she’d find a way to be a little less brazen about it.

Nope:

Screen-Shot-2018-06-18-at-11.47.52-AM.pn

5b9bbeae8ff040de091138abc627f939_normal.William Dailey, CSC @wrdcsc

This is so obviously and bizarrely false it's as if there's some agenda besides the truth at work.

He then goes on to list over THIRTY pro-life individuals and organizations that are condemning this practice.

It's almost as if the children are not really the point...................certainly the truth isn't.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So 2/3 of all polled want to throw the children in jail with their parents?

You know very well they could all be held in the same detention center while they await their asylum hearing. It's disgusting that they're separating children from their parents and they're lying to the parents to make if easier. This is morally repugnant.

Anyways I dont mean to intrude on your little bubble. Just thought I'd show you guys what life outside the bubble is like.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

It’s not really unusual for feminist Jessica Valenti to lie. But you’d think that after getting called out on her B.S. so many times, she’d find a way to be a little less brazen about it.

Nope:

Screen-Shot-2018-06-18-at-11.47.52-AM.pn

He then goes on to list over THIRTY pro-life individuals and organizations that are condemning this practice.

It's almost as if the children are not really the point...................certainly the truth isn't.

Its pretty suspicious that this kid propaganda came out right when that IG report came out

this is what the dims do, deflect, it  should be obvious to everyone by now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know very well they could all be held in the same detention center while they await their asylum hearing. It's disgusting that they're separating children from their parents and they're lying to the parents to make if easier. This is morally repugnant.

Anyways I dont mean to intrude on your little bubble. Just thought I'd show you guys what life outside the bubble is like.

Remember this post too....

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Some good news:

At least 2/3 of the population doesn't accurately understand the issue then.

The issue, by and large, is about preventing the trafficking of children, which is a massive problem both in scope and tragedy.

When children arrive at our border with adults, with no documentation, they need to be separated from those adults.

• Like (+1) 1

S9d9Lbyd_normal.jpgKatie Pavlich

Children are separated every single day in America when parents commit crimes, face prosecution and detainment.

Why is there an exception for illegal aliens who face consequences for their actions?

This is the reality of what happens when someone breaks the law, even a parent. It’s not pretty, it’s not nice, but it is a consequence of doing something illegal. Does the Left want us to stop arresting people when they break the law if they have children they’ll be separated from because if that’s the case, there are a LOT of people who should be released from prison ASAP.

QPT9gfg__normal.jpgGlen Wallace @Glenintheden
So, because a family is desperately trying to create a better life for themselves in the land of the free, the whole family should be separated and put in American Gulag detention camps? Really?

So, if a father robs a grocery store because he’s trying to create a better life for his family we shouldn’t put him in jail, in turn, separating him from his children? Or is this just treatment set aside for people entering our country illegally?

Is one crime more illegal than another?

Sorry, but that bleeding heart crap is getting real old.

Real fast.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The could also be thrown in jail, because they're breaking federal law (the one I already posted.)

Just admit the !@#$ed-up law is the problem, and petition Congress to amend it.  It's okay.  It won't hurt.  Just blame Congress for once for not doing their job, rather than the President for not doing Congress' job.

Just now, B-Man said:

This is the reality of what happens when someone breaks the law, even a parent. It’s not pretty, it’s not nice, but it is a consequence of doing something illegal. Does the Left want us to stop arresting people when they break the law if they have children they’ll be separated from because if that’s the case, there are a LOT of people who should be released from prison ASAP.

As I said earlier: New Jersey has split up more families in the same time frame than ICE/CBP has.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

At least 2/3 of the population doesn't accurately understand the issue then.

Apparently neither does the administration.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sessions-defends-family-separation-policy-characterizes-it-as-a-deterrent

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday defended the Trump administration’s recent policy of separating migrant families apprehended at the border.

“We do not want to separate children from their parents,” he told the National Sheriffs Association in a speech. “We do not want adults to bring children into this country unlawfully, either.”

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday defended the Trump administration’s recent policy of separating migrant families apprehended at the border.

“We do not want to separate children from their parents,” he told the National Sheriffs Association in a speech. “We do not want adults to bring children into this country unlawfully, either.”

He’d earlier admitted that the policy — in addition to prioritizing the criminal prosecution of parents who for the most part have committed only misdemeanors — was also meant to act as a deterrent. 

“We cannot and will not encourage people to bring their children, or other children, to the country unlawfully by giving them immunity in the process,” he said, asserting that families claiming asylum at designated ports of entry, rather than between them, would not be separated. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/28/615010170/how-the-trump-administrations-family-separation-policy-is-playing-out

In March of last year, John Kelly told CNN that the administration was considering taking children from their parents if they crossed the border illegally. At the time, Kelly was secretary for the Department of Homeland Security.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

JOHN KELLY: Yes, I am considering - in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network, I am considering exactly that. They will be well cared for as we deal with their parents.

I am well aware that some Trump supporters have come up with a convoluted moral reason that parents are being separated from their children. Unfortunately for you the administration has undermined that claim by repeatedly stating that their real goal is deterrence. They are separating children from their parents to punish people as a deterrent. It is a sick policy.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The could also be thrown in jail, because they're breaking federal law (the one I already posted.)

Just admit the !@#$ed-up law is the problem, and petition Congress to amend it.  It's okay.  It won't hurt.  Just blame Congress for once for not doing their job, rather than the President for not doing Congress' job.

They don't want solutions, they want to score partisan points for their "team". The amount of actual "caring" about about children in danger by the most outraged in this thread is nil. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Apparently neither does the administration.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sessions-defends-family-separation-policy-characterizes-it-as-a-deterrent

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/28/615010170/how-the-trump-administrations-family-separation-policy-is-playing-out

I am well aware that some Trump supporters have come up with a convoluted moral reason that parents are being separated from their children. Unfortunately for you the administration has undermined that claim by repeatedly stating that their real goal is deterrence. They are separating children from their parents to punish people as a deterrent. It is a sick policy.

Yes, a deterrent to child trafficking.

From your own link:

“We cannot and will not encourage people to bring their children, or other children, to the country unlawfully by giving them immunity in the process,”

Again, there is a massive human/child trafficking issue in this country, which is global in total scope.  The work this administration has been doing in KSA along with the DPRK has been working to address this. 

The domestic front of this battle is available publicly.

The overwhelming majority of the trafficking, which exploits impoverished minority children as slaves, sexual and otherwise, passes through our southern border.

Do not allow your reflexive desire to label conservatives evil to cloud this issue.  I know you do not support slavery, or pedophilia.  In fact, I believe you find both ideas abhorrent, and would want to fight against them.

As such I implore you to do the research here.  I implore you to join the fight for the lives and freedom of these impoverished children.

• Like (+1) 1

Obama Admin Approved 50,000+ DACA Amnesty Applicants with Criminal Records

Screen-Shot-2018-06-18-at-3.09.08-AM.png

Democrats have viewed DACA migrants through rose-colored glasses. In February, Rep. Nancy Pelosi declared on the Hosue floor that

We recognize that they are a blessing to America … the dreamers are all over our country, Mr. Speaker, they are a blessing so across the board

Edited by Albwan

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Except of course for Republicans, this party of family values mostly supports it.

Because Republicans believe in enforcing the law.

Democrats and Indys want kids sent to jail with their parents?

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Because Republicans believe in enforcing the law.

Democrats and Indys want kids sent to jail with their parents?

Worse, they want them isolated in cages with the traffickers who wish to sell them into slavery.

They don't realize that's what they want, but that's the outcome of their policy preferences.

• Like (+1) 1

-5NFgf2e_normal.jpgErick Erickson

One reason people are screaming at each other (besides it being Twitter) over immigration is that the media is doing such a poor job accurately describing what is happening and why it is happening.

Now I realize a lot of reporters are going to get defensive, as they always do when you point this stuff out, but they're focused on the unjustness of the situation & failing to note what the law is, how it's been implemented in the past, & citing old data on illegal immigration
10:49 AM - Jun 18, 2018

For example, there's been a large influx of illegal immigrants in the past year, but much of the media is still recycling stories on how the numbers are down because of Trump. 10:49 AM - Jun 18, 2018

Likewise, they are failing to note that the old policy was to essentially treat illegal immigration as a parking ticket and let people go with a court date and they didn't show up.  10:49 AM - Jun 18, 2018

The Trump Administration is treating it as a crime, which is what most Americans think. And the media has done a terrible job explaining this, largely I think because the reporters disagree and know most Americans do agree.

10:49 AM - Jun 18, 2018

Additionally, the media is doing a poor job of distinguishing between unaccompanied minors, minors coming with adults not their parents, and minors with their parents. They're lumping them all in together.

Y'all, I think the policy of separating kids from parents is immoral, but the media is so busy being part of La Resistance, that they are not presenting a full picture. They're only presenting information skewed in one way to incite people.

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's the medias fault!! 

Trump administration can't explain what it's doing so blame media, blah blah 

They are enforcing the law, with zero tolerance policy. Not hard to explain.

If you don't want your kids taken from you, don't break the law.

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

It's not about separating kids from their parents, it's about breaking up human trafficking rings, and stopping child sex trafficking.

• Like (+1) 2

The media is simply doing its job or at least the job they feel is theirs.  Take the faux outrage offered by their lefty political partners and run with it.  Run with it until it looses steam and then find the next similar opportunity.  It's breathtaking to see how quickly dozens of media outlets can spin up the same news and in some cases the same talking points within hours or even minutes of one another. Even more amazing is that much of the public eats it up and that these "news" outlets can generate billion$ in ad revenue annually with this simple business model.  Millions of viewers/readers is clear evidence to the advertisers that these outlets can promote their products to a very gullible audience. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Don't bother, Gator is down to a few limited responses.

You're blaming the media is just one of them...........

He is harmless at this point

Perhaps a colorful picture is more his speed

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You are going to lose.

37 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's not about separating kids from their parents, it's about breaking up human trafficking rings, and stopping child sex trafficking.

Is there valid proof of this ? 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is morally repugnant.

Completely agree. What kind of monster parent is so disgusting as to take their child to a place where they KNOW they will be separated from their child?

Just disgusting.

If only these parents cared about their kids more than they cared about themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

Please do not accuse me of something I never said or hinted at. It's vile, disgusting, and slanderous. 

You may not be intending to support those things, Gary, but that's the unintended consequence of the policy you're advocating.

There is a massive human trafficking problem directed through our southern border.   The children involved are sold into slavery, and they have no advocates because they have been ripped away from their homes by animals, they don't speak the language, they have no identification, and they are immigrant minorities.  They are literally the most at-risk group of people on the planet.

They deserve our help.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, peace out said:

Savage stuff here

See, here's the unfortunate side-effect of brainlessly screaming Trump is a racist Nazi in the pocket of Russians five times a day...you have absolutely no leverage over him, because you've spent two years teaching him you're not worth paying attention to. 

Your hyperbolic outrage has made any attempt at real outrage completely meaningless.  Good job, progressives.

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Is there valid proof of this ? 

Mountains of it. The southern border is an important highway of human traffickers, particularly of children. If you doubt it, go for a ride along with ICE in San Diego or Los Angeles a few times. See what you see, then come back here and cry about children being put in "cages".