Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

Just now, row_33 said:

tibs just types in anything to make people upset

don't waste a second on him that you can't consciously totally piss away

Yeah, I know. I've been pretty good about ignoring his/her/bot/X posts and not quoting, but some things are just so over the top, I cannot resist a response. And then he/she/bot/X "wins".  (headbang)

The choice is simple:

Use the port of entry (which aren't difficult to reach or find - and are just a few miles away from where most of the illegal southern border crossings happen) and you can stay with your family, avoid prosecution, and begin the process of seeking asylum. 

Or,

Cross the border illegally, putting yourself and your family at more risk than needed, and expose yourself and your family to prosecution, separation, and deportation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeah, I know. I've been pretty good about ignoring his/her/bot/X posts and not quoting, but some things are just so over the top, I cannot resist a response. And then he/she/bot/X "wins".  (headbang)

comparing the gassing of Jews to trying to maintain order at the Mexican border was quite a totally sick !@#$ quip by Tibs....

i hope he pays for it in deep terms and for a long time...

Edited by row_33

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The choice is simple:

Use the port of entry (which aren't difficult to reach or find - and are just a few miles away from where most of the illegal southern border crossings happen) and you can stay with your family, avoid prosecution, and begin the process of seeking asylum. 

Or,

Cross the border illegally, putting yourself and your family at more risk than needed, and expose yourself and your family to prosecution, separation, and deportation. 

These are super poor people, they can't just drive to a restricted location. You think they just enter in wrong area on purpose? 

And make it easier for them to stay. 

This nativist nonsense has to pass

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"We can handle more immigrants," is an over the top statement? 

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Here

That article from "One America News Network" (what is that?) doesn't directly quote Sessions, or anyone in the administration. So I did some research and found out Tony Perkins from the Family Research Council is the source of that claim (google "Tony Perkins DNA testing"). I would support the DNA testing but until an official administration source confirms that they're looking into it I don't know that it's something they've considered.

The smugglers have a marketing campaign: Pay a flat fee to cross the Rio Grande, and you get three chances.

They are chances to make it to specific places and specific jobs, the United States’ economic growth spilling over into messages from employers to potential migrants, offering positions on farms and in factories — if they can make it past the Border Patrol.

“We see the same thing over and over. The bosses call their workers in Mexico and say, ‘Come, come, come,’ ” Sister Maria Nidelvia Basulto said.

Free Markets include the free flow of labor. Anti-immigrant is anti-capitalist 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/as-us-employers-plead-for-workers-and-border-crossings-surge-a-mexican-couple-tests-trumps-policies/2018/06/20/293a0998-5309-11e8-a6d4-ca1d035642ce_story.html?utm_term=.2420ee481eb0

Edited by Tiberius

Many of these people have come all the way from Guatemala but can't navigate a few miles to find a port of entry? The coyotes are fairly well known and can't show their faces at a port of entry so they cross illegally and then sell the children into slavery. I guess to dems this is a small price to pay for creating a shitstorm at the border for political reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're right, they issued a correction:

So I guess they will no longer refer parents with children for prosecution, but they still could be prosecuted? A little weird?

And then there's this:

So it seems like they've gone from zero tolerance to 20% tolerance or so.

And here's a statement from the agency of Customs and Border Protection:

Edited by HappyDays

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So I guess they will no longer refer parents with children for prosecution, but they still could be prosecuted? A little weird?

So it seems like they've gone from zero tolerance to 20% tolerance or so.

It's been a political talking point, designed to enrage you, that everyone was being prosecuted. That's never been the case. Only those who cross illegally are prosecuted, not those who go through ports of entry. Zero tolerance refers to illegal crossings, not every crossing.

Parents found to be crossing illegally will still be prosecuted, unless there is a special case which happens as noted above (they legit got lost, couldn't reach the port of entry et al). They just will be kept together as a family until their case is adjudicated. Then they'll either be forced to leave the country (together as a family) or entered into the system (as a family). 

It fixes what we were told in this very thread by many was the main issue and outcry. But it's not enough for the democrats in Congress because this has never been about keeping families together, it's been about getting a complete open border policy. And as said early, the only people advocating for open borders are those who are profiting from it either through smuggling, trafficking, or the votes it brings. 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's been a political talking point, designed to enrage you, that everyone was being prosecuted. That's never been the case. Only those who cross illegally are prosecuted, not those who go through ports of entry. Zero tolerance refers to illegal crossings, not every crossing.

This was never a misconception of mine. Like I said in my post a few pages ago the change that the Trump administration made was to start prosecuting every single illegal migrant including those with children. Since some people including asylum seekers were being turned away at the port of entry, it effectively barred some asylum seekers from following the legal process, including some with children.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This was never a misconception of mine. Like I said in my post a few pages ago the change that the Trump administration made was to start prosecuting every single illegal migrant including those with children. Since some people including asylum seekers were being turned away at the port of entry, it effectively barred some asylum seekers from following the legal process, including some with children.

FYI: Every single ICE agent I know and have talked to have refuted the bolded. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Lol, DR is funny! 

Anyway, fail 

GOP House leadership abruptly postpones vote on immigration bill in embarrassing retreat

By Washington Post StaffJune 21 at 2:16 PM

Republicans faced growing opposition to their bill despite last-minute lobbying from President Trump.

In the face of defeat, Republicans decided prior to an emergency closed-door meeting with rank and file members to postpone the vote until Friday, according to a House GOP aide.

The bill, a compromise between Republican moderates and conservatives, would have imposed limits on legal immigration, provided a pathway to citizenship to young undocumented immigrants and $25 billion for Trump’s border wall.

The measure also would have kept migrant families together at the border, placing them in detention.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

People are not being turned away at the border. They are being told to wait their turn. How many times do you have to be told this?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

People are not being turned away at the border. They are being told to wait their turn. How many times do you have to be told this?

Ya, told to wait till hell freezes over. This is stupid. Let more immigrants in

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See? It's not about protecting families and children. It's about open borders. 

Tibs speaks the truth about what is motivating this partisan mudslinging: NEW VOTERS. Nothing more. 

No, its just about doing the right thing. More immigration is just smart, pro-market and pro-American. 

You serious are ok with children being warehoused? Babies? That's what you are covering for by chanting Trump's propaganda lines, which you constantly do. 

I'd be for making it easier for these people to get in. Yes. 

Now it's "just about doing the right thing."

Yesterday the "right thing" was to keep families together. That's done. Now it's not enough... 

Because they never cared about children or families. They are emotionally manipulating you because it's easy. They want open borders, nothing less. And they want open borders because many in Congress profit from the smuggling and trafficking (both sides of the aisle) and the left really needs new voters. 

It's not about compassion. It's never been about compassion. It's about politics. 

• Like (+1) 2

What this shitstorm really shows is how partisan the dems are. They don't want to solve problems for this country but they do want to help themselves at the ballot box. They will do anything including turning their backs to children being sold into work slavery or sex slavery. They don't care if MS-13 or terrorists invade our borders. The only thing that is important to them is their sleazy politics. I think I'm going to start calling anyone who fights reasonable border control a "Pedophile Enabler"--"PE" for short.