Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

9 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Tom, I know your type. When you lose a point, you get angry and bash people. It's likely because -- in reality -- you're 4'10 and in a "female-led" relationship, with this being your only outlet to show your "manhood." I'm close, aren't I? You're probably shaking, and now I have you triggered for the whole night. Bliss! :D 

Oh boy.

popcorn.jpg

popcorn.jpg

I had to go back for more.

Edited by 3rdnlng

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Tom, I know your type. When you lose a point, you get angry and bash people. It's likely because -- in reality -- you're 4'10 and in a "female-led" relationship, with this being your only outlet to show your "manhood." I'm close, aren't I? You're probably shaking, and now I have you triggered for the whole night. Bliss! :D 

And it's a cat-led relationship.  :beer:

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not angry.  Why would I be angry?  You're wrong, and ANYONE who can read knows it. 

I'm not calling you an ignorant moron because I'm angry.  I'm calling you an ignorant moron because you've just shown that trying to engage you is a waste of time.  

You didn't deny the 4'10, female-led thing. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh boy.

popcorn.jpg

He's going to lose. Badly.

Edited by Golden Goat

21 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

They become unaccompanied after they are separated from their adult parents/relatives/smugglers.

Not under Obama's policy except in rare cases.  Obama detained families trying to cross the borders illegally together (parents and children). 

A court ruling then made this illegal as children weren't allowed to be detained so Obama went back to the catch and release policy. 

When Trump made the zero tolerance policy and ended catch and release, he was required by law to separate children from their parents if they crossed the border illegally.  I have no clue how Trump will continue his zero tolerance policy and not separate children from their parents.  The ONLY fix to this is through legislation.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not under Obama's policy except in rare cases.  Obama detained families trying to cross the borders illegally (parents and children) together. 

A court ruling then made this illegal as children weren't allowed to be detained so Obama went back to the catch and release policy. 

When Trump made the zero tolerance policy and ended catch and release, he was required by law to separate children from their parents if they crossed the border illegally.  I have no clue how Trump will continue his zero tolerance policy and not separate children from their parents.  The ONLY fix to this is through legislation.

Trump is making the most of an untenable situation. He's breaking the law (in 20 days) of course, but he's now the good guy and congress or the courts are going to take it on the chin over this.

Edited by 3rdnlng

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump is making the most of an untenable situation. He's breaking the law (in 20 days) of course, but he's now the good guy and congress or the courts are going to take it on the chin over this.

Then what?  Will Congress actually have to pass bipartisan legislation instead of introducing separate bills and screaming that nobody from the other side will jump on board to fix the problem for these poor children?  Of course in today's political environment, any sort of compromise means running the risk of getting primaried or not winning reelection.  

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I've seen enough to think they're 1) pretty crappy, and 2) rather left-leaning.  Not as much as the NYT recently, but only because the NYT has become seriously pathetic.

I had that thing delivered to my doorstep for years, and then CA had the recall election,  and on the day of the election, the LA Times dropped a bombshell on Arnold cheating on his wife. They had the story...and they waited until election day to run it for maximum blast. (Not that it did any good. They called it for Arnold the moment the polls closed.) That was the last time I ever looked at it the LA Times, which was too bad because politics aside, I could whip through Sunday morning with a couple of pots of coffee, a fresh pack of Marlboro Lights, and their Sunday paper. Right through the funny pages and crosswords. Food. Entertainment. Great content.

2 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Where does it specifically state that the children held at this facility were unaccompanied? Exact quote, please. 

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-immigrant-children-20140618-story.html 

" Since October, 47,000 children have been caught crossing the southern border without parents or other family members, a more than 90% increase from last year, federal officials said. The number of unaccompanied children caught could reach 90,000 this year."

That's a quote from the article you linked. They even use the word "unaccompanied".

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, it doesn't.  It specifically says the majority are unaccompanied minors.  And even has a mention of a teenage mother and baby incarcerated together.

Edit: Although here's a notable story on "Obama" separating families: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/15/immigration-boy-reform-obama-deportations-families-separated  And another one: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/parents-deportation_n_5531552.html  And another: https://fairimmigration.org/press/president-obama-must-stop-family-separation-crisis

Again, we're being manipulated in to caring now.  

Who’s we? 

Trump says GOP should 'stop wasting their time on immigration' until after midterms

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Friday Republicans should wait until after the November midterm elections to pass immigration legislation, undercutting Congress' ongoing efforts to pass a bill.

"Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November," Trump tweeted. "Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solves this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave

Senate and House leaders have also been trying to find a bill that would end family separations at the border.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/politics/trump-immigration-midterms/index.html

I guess W and Congress were just playing games also

Edited by ALF

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

32d9ee90cdd15b77a94211f966a31e9fb01b9a418ac7443e94b2c218a06f5751.jpeg

Fullsized image

9c5deb36c4952278981d44ebf96db3d5faadba5fcef861095a1c496110f9303c.png

They think you're stupid.

I liked hearing about how these children were being taught how to use a modern bathroom facility. That’s a good skill to have for when they go to public schools in the US. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.  And illiteracy apparently enhances it.

Tom, it's important that you understand this: Folks here pacify you because you’re that scrawny, hyperactive, petulant, MEAN special-needs boy that everyone feels obligated to care about, but really don’t. So they sit there and stolidly say things like, “wow… look at that picture… did you draw that?”—when it’s a faint, indiscernable smear of some sort. Let that sink in for a moment, Corky. ❤️ 

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

Tom, it's important that you understand this: Folks here pacify you because you’re that scrawny, hyperactive, petulant, MEAN special-needs boy that everyone feels obligated to care about, but really don’t. So they sit there and stolidly say things like, “wow… look at that picture… did you draw that?”—when it’s a faint, indiscernable smear of some sort. Let that sink in for a moment, Corky. ❤️ 

I understand you believe you're giving me a taste of my own medicine, but let me explain to you why you're wrong:

You're casting unsupported, counter-factual insults at me that.

I, on the other hand, made the empirical observation that, because you posted an article you either didn't read, didn't understand, or willfully misrepresented; rejected three different clarifications you asked for; and rejected my good-faith attempt to make your point for you, that you are a thorough moron.

You're not giving me a taste of my own medicine, because you're demonstrably too stupid to understand my posts.  And you keep reinforcing that fact by doubling down on stupid.

Now go finish your breakfast.  Your paint chips are getting cold?

26 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

nope, that's not the best read of DC Tom

He is a major contributor to the best of this board...

Try again....

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I understand you believe you're giving me a taste of my own medicine, but let me explain to you why you're wrong:

You're casting unsupported, counter-factual insults at me that.

I, on the other hand, made the empirical observation that, because you posted an article you either didn't read, didn't understand, or willfully misrepresented; rejected three different clarifications you asked for; and rejected my good-faith attempt to make your point for you, that you are a thorough moron.

You're not giving me a taste of my own medicine, because you're demonstrably too stupid to understand my posts.  And you keep reinforcing that fact by doubling down on stupid.

Now go finish your breakfast.  Your paint chips are getting cold?

BTW, Tom, I apologize for making you rage quit last night. I knew you were easily triggered, but I had no idea to what extent. I now know, as evidenced by the fact that you said you don't reply to "trolling" --  yet you've done a remarkable job of replying to "trolling." You're either a liar or I just know what buttons to press to make you jump. Either way, I'm waiting to see why everyone here thinks you're so tough. So far you're firing blanks.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nope, that's not the best read of DC Tom

He is a major contributor to the best of this board...

Try again....

I knew a groupie or two would show up eventually... Tom can't fight his own battles, huh? ?

Edited by Golden Goat