Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Now it's "just about doing the right thing."

Yesterday the "right thing" was to keep families together. That's done. Now it's not enough... 

Because they never cared about children or families. They are emotionally manipulating you because it's easy. They want open borders, nothing less. And they want open borders because many in Congress profit from the smuggling and trafficking (both sides of the aisle) and the left really needs new voters. 

It's not about compassion. It's never been about compassion. It's about politics. 

So you have no compassion for the babies left in warehouses. Ok, I guess since you are Trump's water boy you have no choice. Shameful. You are disgusting 

You nativist bull sh it is hateful, scaremongering and scapegoating of immigrants. You Trump cultists are losing. 

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This was never a misconception of mine. Like I said in my post a few pages ago the change that the Trump administration made was to start prosecuting every single illegal migrant including those with children. Since some people including asylum seekers were being turned away at the port of entry, it effectively barred some asylum seekers from following the legal process, including some with children.

From everything I've read, asylum seekers were only turned away when the volume of crossers was to much to currently process.  And even then, they were told to come back later.

It's a complicated issue that's being misrepresented to the American public.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, its just about doing the right thing.

Doing the right thing, even though it's against the law.  And the people arguing for doing "the right thing" steadfastly refuse to amend the law?

DR's wrong - it's not about open borders, or politics.  It's about the further weakening of the rule of law, so those in power can accumulate even more power.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What this shitstorm really shows is how partisan the dems are. They don't want to solve problems for this country but they do want to help themselves at the ballot box. They will do anything including turning their backs to children being sold into work slavery or sex slavery. They don't care if MS-13 or terrorists invade our borders. The only thing that is important to them is their sleazy politics. I think I'm going to start calling anyone who fights reasonable border control a "Pedophile Enabler"--"PE" for short.

Pretty rich coming from one of the many who enabled the pedo who hasn't posted here in awhile

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Doing the right thing, even though it's against the law.  And the people arguing for doing "the right thing" steadfastly refuse to amend the law?

DR's wrong - it's not about open borders, or politics.  It's about the further weakening of the rule of law, so those in power can accumulate even more power.   

No, I actually agree, they should change the law. The whole nativist bull sh it needs to end. It's stupid, its hurts the country and it hurts people and businesses. There is no sense to it. DR repeating Trump's garbage claim that this is about more voters is just that, garbage. 

No one is refusing to change the law, but ya know, you sort of need the votes. Republicans are finding that out right now, today, in the house

3 minutes ago, peace out said:

Pretty rich coming from one of the many who enabled the pedo who hasn't posted here in awhile

Oops!!! 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The choice is simple:

Use the port of entry (which aren't difficult to reach or find - and are just a few miles away from where most of the illegal southern border crossings happen) and you can stay with your family, avoid prosecution, and begin the process of seeking asylum. 

Or,

Cross the border illegally, putting yourself and your family at more risk than needed, and expose yourself and your family to prosecution, separation, and deportation. 

I don't see why more people can't understand this.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, peace out said:

You know, from your posting it appears that you are against securing our borders. Knowing how this hurts the children I must assume that you are for child work slavery and sex slavery. This would make you a Pedophile Enabler--PE for short. Congratulations, you are the first person I've gotten the chance to call a PE.

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's a complicated issue that's being misrepresented to the American public.

Doesn't seem that complicated to me - you either are a racist who supports taking babies from parents - or you are an immoral nutcase who supports child trafficking 

At least that's what I'm gathering.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dogblitz is all over the place and hard to follow and the tail light crap is a red hair ring for sure. 

Hey, my only point on the mention of the tail light crap was to say that many were deported for minor offenses.  Do you think that's not true?

A internet search turns up many articles about it.  For example:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2016/09/26/who-is-ice-deporting

Even CNN says so (from 2014):

https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/opinion/kohn-immigration-deportations/index.html

First, anti-immigrant activists insist that the people being deported are dangerous criminals — and that they should be deported faster and at even higher rates. Yet Monday, The New York Times released an analysis of government records revealing that of the nearly 2 million people deported since President Obama took office, two-thirds had no criminal record whatsoever or had committed only minor infractions, such as traffic violations.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You know, from your posting it appears that you are against securing our borders. Knowing how this hurts the children I must assume that you are for child work slavery and sex slavery. This would make you a Pedophile Enabler--PE for short. Congratulations, you are the first person I've gotten the chance to call a PE.

Keep it up

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Hey, my only point on the mention of the tail light crap was to say that many were deported for minor offenses.  Do you think that's not true?

I'm not sure I've ever heard a good argument in favor of allowing people who have been swept up by regular law enforcement procedures, who have been determined to be here illegally, to be allowed to stay.

What's the purpose of even having a border, or any immigration policy at all for that matter, if that's the case?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See? It's not about protecting families and children. It's about open borders. 

Tibs speaks the truth about what is motivating this partisan mudslinging: NEW VOTERS. Nothing more. 

of course. the kids are disposable, the parents are disposable, at least until such time until they are useful, then the narrative reaches a fever pitch. that's the insidious part about the open border crowd. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The choice is simple:

Use the port of entry (which aren't difficult to reach or find - and are just a few miles away from where most of the illegal southern border crossings happen) and you can stay with your family, avoid prosecution, and begin the process of seeking asylum. 

Or,

Cross the border illegally, putting yourself and your family at more risk than needed, and expose yourself and your family to prosecution, separation, and deportation. 

Yah, but that takes all the fun out if it. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

They are not deported for minor offenses. They are deported for being in this country illegally.

57 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Nobody's ever been deported for a broken taillight.

• Like (+1) 2