Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Trump and the republican Congress now own immigration, it's all their's. 

Gee, someone from the left pinning on the right something the left has completely FUBAR'ed.

Why, it seems like only yesterday the left was yelling that the Republican's in congress own Obamacare. :lol:

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Trump and the republican Congress now own immigration, it's all their's. 

that's what being an adult and taking responsibility means.

why is this such a shock to liberals?

oh yeah...

Hey look at that, the Trump admin did exactly what I said they could do. They will stop prosecuting illegal migrants with children. The zero tolerance policy is apparently now defunct. This seems to go against the idea that their whole goal was to stop child sex trafficking. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hey look at that, the Trump admin did exactly what I said they could do. They will stop prosecuting illegal migrants with children. The zero tolerance policy is apparently now defunct. This seems to go against the idea that their whole goal was to stop child sex trafficking. 

That is not what it says.  "Members of family units" does not necessarily mean "illegal migrants with children". You missed the tweet about the DNA testing (which you had advocated for).  The DNA testing will then go into the bank to help solve unsolved crimes.  You may have also missed the military attorneys going to the border to help prosecute illegal aliens. DNA swabs don't match that kid you are bringing with you? "Looks like you are involved in child trafficking." Lock 'em up, toss away the key.

This may not end quite the way you think it is going to end. And,  all of this is tied to the EO from yesterday "Affording Congress the Opportunity to Address the Family Separation Act".

First lady Melania Trump traveled to the Texas border town of McAllen on Thursday to take part in briefings and tours at a nonprofit social services center for undocumented immigrant children, her office said.

The first lady also was visiting a customs and border patrol processing center.

"I want to thank you for your hard work, your compassion and your kindness," she told reporters. Her office said she wanted to "lend support and hear more on how the administration can build upon the already existing efforts to reunite children with their families."

Melania Trump had made a public statement Sunday urging "both sides" to come together on a solution to the crisis of children being separated from their undocumented parents at the border.

Pelosi, Trump clash on Twitter

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the House minority leader, on Thursday accused President Donald Trump of putting the children of undocumented immigrants in cages and Republicans of being complicit in his atrocities after Trump lit into the California Democrat on Twitter. 

"Democrats want open borders, where anyone can come into our country, and stay. This is Nancy Pelosi’s dream," Trump tweeted Thursday. "It won’t happen!"

Minutes later, it was Pelosi firing back: "Democrats want to honor our responsibility to secure our borders but not by putting children in cages."

Images from the border have shown some children living in temporary shelters separated by chain-link fencing.

"Republicans continue to be complicit in @realDonaldTrump’s atrocities," Pelosi tweeted. "Instead of standing up for families, they are pushing bills that serve to advance his shameful ideas. #FamiliesBelongTogether."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/06/21/immigrant-children-what-we-know-now/720757002/?csp=chromepush

There is no migrant crisis, there's only a nativist crisis 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is not what it says.  "Members of family units" does not necessarily mean "illegal migrants with children". You missed the tweet about the DNA testing (which you had advocated for). 

I did not see anything about DNA testing, just that illegal migrants who have their children with them would not be prosecuted, which in turn means they will not be separated from their children. But if you can direct me to the link you mentioned I would appreciate it 

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unsurprisingly, the WaPo got it wrong.

He's not wrong, you know...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I did not see anything about DNA testing, just that illegal migrants who have their children with them would not be prosecuted, which in turn means they will not be separated from their children. But if you can direct me to the link you mentioned I would appreciate it 

I just listened to Trump reaffirm "0" tolerance policy.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It was 2 pages back. I keep trying to snag it... let me try once more. (see below. I wan't quick enough to get in an auto-merge)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

People who come here legally, who follow the process, or who seek asylum the proper way should always be welcome. No one argues otherwise that I have seen. 

No one separates families or prosecutes asylum seekers who arrive at ports of entry. But if you cross the border illegally, that's a crime and is/should be prosecuted. It's really much more simple than the partisans on both sides of the issue wish to make it. There's room for the rule of law and compassion. 

The only people who want open borders are those who profit from it - either from the smuggling, trafficking, or votes it brings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You want more immigrants, too? 

Good, I'm glad to hear! We really need them. 

You do know there is a legal way to become a citizen of the United States, right? My MIL, FIL, and BIL all came over on the er, plane from African and became American citizens. Legally.  People who advocate for illegal immigrants to become U.S. citizens after they broke our laws to get here are doing a disservice to every citizen of the United States, be they naturalized or born here. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You do know there is a legal way to become a citizen of the United States, right? My MIL, FIL, and BIL all came over on the er, plane from African and became American citizens. Legally.  People who advocate for illegal immigrants to become U.S. citizens after they broke our laws to get here are doing a disservice to every citizen of the United States, be they naturalized or born here. 

tibs just types in anything to make people upset

don't waste a second on him that you can't consciously totally piss away

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You saying that these people are getting their children stored in warehouses simply because they didn't immigrate in the correct way? This is a process crime? 

I'm saying we should just make it easier for them to get in. Just because they are super poor and oppressed doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to come in. A plane ride costs way more than these people have.