Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Because the president wants a wall, and he's not budging on any immigration change unless he gets the billions needed to fund it. 

The People want a wall! That's a big reason why the President was elected. It's not just "Trump's Wall".

And a wall will also have a big effect on lowering the number of children at these facilities.

Just now, joesixpack said:

By whom?

By anyone.  It is the responsibility of civic minded Americans to make this case when others won't.  Again, it's not the media's job to report what you want them to report on platforms that you don't own.  So, Joe, it's your job.  It's your responsibility.

You won't win over everyone, but you don't need to. 

That's how freedom works.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because they haven't had the problem properly explained to them, Happy.

Or do you believe that only 25% of the country is repulsed by the idea of children being sold into sex slavery?

Or does anyone believe that only 25% of the country is against the detention of illegal border crossers by the federal government?

"Families are being separated" is a distraction from the actual issue of immigration law.  The morons treating it as the primary issue are the quintessential useful idiots being manipulated.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

By anyone.  It is the responsibility of civic minded Americans to make this case when others won't.  Again, it's not the media's job to report what you want them to report on platforms that you don't own.  So, Joe, it's your job.  It's your responsibility.

You won't win over everyone, but you don't need to. 

That's how freedom works.

Wonderful idealism there. But have you SEEN the majority of Americans?

Most of them can't string together a coherent sentence, yet are expected to understand a topic like this?

Most of them can't string together a coherent sentence, yet are expected to understand a topic like this?

Hence the president who was voted into office.

• Haha (+1) 1

I expect people to make more compelling arguments.  I expect people to get involved and influence policy makers.  I don't think it should be very difficult to convince people who are even the smallest bit curious or open minded or compassionate that slavery and child sex trafficking are great evils that we have the ability to curb drastically, for the betterment of the lives of the most vulnerable people on the planet.

Again, it's your responsibility, Joe.  It's my responsibility.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I expect people to make more compelling arguments.  I expect people to get involved and influence policy makers.  I don't think it should be very difficult to convince people who are even the smallest bit curious or open minded or compassionate that slavery and child sex trafficking are great evils that we have the ability to curb drastically, for the betterment of the lives of the most vulnerable people on the planet.

Again, it's your responsibility, Joe.  It's my responsibility.

Oh I'd love to get on the soap box and expose the lot of these vile leftist pro-pedo scum. If only I had a platform. Maybe I could get georgie soros to send me a check for a mill or two so I can reach a mass audience :lol:

Edited by joesixpack

Gary says this is a lie. 

Gary says this not because he's evil, but because he's a useful idiot who has no interest in learning the truth or helping children. He doesn't care about conversation or debate. He doesn't care about anything other than making himself feel better about his own views by putting down anyone who disagrees with them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Gary says this is a lie. 

Gary says this not because he's evil, but because he's a useful idiot who has no interest in learning the truth or helping children. He doesn't care about conversation or debate. He doesn't care about anything other than making himself feel better about his own views by putting down anyone who disagrees with them. 

Wrong again ass hat

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Oh I'd love to get on the soap box and expose the lot of these vile leftist pro-pedo scum. If only I had a platform. Maybe I could get georgie soros to send me a check for a mill or two so I can reach a mass audience :lol:

Then do it, Joe.

There's nothing stopping you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, peace out said:

LIAR

Nope. Your word. 

You're full of shite, Gary. Your own posts expose it each day. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're a !@#$ing coward. Once things turn against you, you run. Well, we're going to finish this so everyone sees exactly what kind of a dishonest partisan you are: 

You led with this. Which of course is nonsense. 

IF children are being parented across the border by adults posing as parents (which is happening), then separating children from adults at the border in order to determine their identities and relations is EXACTLY how you fight human trafficking concerns. 

This is laid out in the multitude of sources provided to you. When it's pointed out, rather than read them you respond with:

Because you don't care about kids, Gary. You don't care if they're butchered, raped, held in cages, sold like baseball cards. You don't give two shites about that. If you did, you'd educate yourself. But instead you call people liars who challenge your preformed, and completely ignorant view of the situation. 

You're part of the problem Gary. You offer nothing to this community. You offer no conversation or debate. And you have the scrotal capacity of a castrated gnat. 

A coward who lies and flees when exposed. That's who you are and what you offer here, Gary. Nothing more. 

24 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

The People want a wall! That's a big reason why the President was elected. It's not just "Trump's Wall".

And a wall will also have a big effect on lowering the number of children at these facilities.

Trump wants the wall. No one outside of the Trump Cult is calling for the stupid wall. 

You lemmings that thought Mexico was going to pay for it have been sold a bill of goods for sure 

44 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Exactly. Why the hell should I support people who stand against everything I believe in?

I've already ceased consuming their "journalism" years ago. But me doing that alone doesn't harm them in the least.

I don't believe that you should support anyone who stands against everything you believe in. Open dissent in the public arena is a hallmark of a free society, as it's at the core of our constitutionally protected freedom of speech and expression.

I'll spare you the "howevers" since TYTT has already stated them, more effectively than I could have.

40 minutes ago, njbuff said:

A third of the country is on your side.

A third of the country is against you.

It's the final third that tells the story. Are they against America or for America?

Being a proponent of limiting speech, which is what Joe has advocated, makes you for America? Against America?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

Being a proponent of limiting speech, which is what Joe has advocated, makes you for America? Against America?

I'm not supporting "limiting speech."

I'm supporting locking people out of access to government who've proven to be bad actors.

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

I don't believe that you should support anyone who stands against everything you believe in. Open dissent in the public arena is a hallmark of a free society, as it's at the core of our constitutionally protected freedom of speech and expression.

I'll spare you the "howevers" since TYTT has already stated them, more effectively than I could have.

I am for total free speech. You have a right to say whatever you damn well please. And I have a right to ignore you as I damn well please.

I am an expert at ignoring. ?

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'm not supporting "limiting speech."

I'm supporting locking people out of access to government who've proven to be bad actors.

Just before the post I quoted you said this:

"This is why I'm so anti-"free press."

They're benefiting from a system that allows them to lie, to bribe, to cheat and to hide those they deem important sources while working to undermine that system.

It's kind of a joke that anyone defends them."

Between that and the post I quoted, it sounded an awful lot like you were advocating silencing elements in the media that you disagreed with. Was I mistaken?

3 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Just before the post I quoted you said this:

"This is why I'm so anti-"free press."

They're benefiting from a system that allows them to lie, to bribe, to cheat and to hide those they deem important sources while working to undermine that system.

It's kind of a joke that anyone defends them."

Between that and the post I quoted, it sounded an awful lot like you were advocating silencing elements in the media that you disagreed with. Was I mistaken?

I'm all for silencing those in the media who've proven to assist those with an agenda of toppling a duly elected president. Those people are working AGAINST democracy, not for it. But I'm a realist,  and I understand those people will get away with it, and there's not much that can be done about it.

They cloak themselves in the constitution while actively working to undermine it.

Edited by joesixpack

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'm all for silencing those in the media who've proven to assist those with an agenda of toppling a duly elected president. Those people are working AGAINST democracy, not for it. But I'm a realist,  and I understand those people will get away with it, and there's not much that can be done about it.

They cloak themselves in the constitution while actively working to undermine it.

did Fox News not do that with Obama? 

One gigantic squirrel. Obabama did this and not a peep from the Retard rodeo on here. Now that the IG Report is out showing that they f'd up the Hillery and Mueller probes,This becomes an issue   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

did Fox News not do that with Obama? 

You mean "did republicans assist unelected elements of the federal government in promoting attempts to impeach and remove a sitting president under completely manufactured pretenses?"

No, no they didn't.

Edited by joesixpack

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

did Fox News not do that with Obama? I mean the whole birther thing was a Fox pet project no?

Actually, no.  That came from the Clinton campaign.

Also, whether you choose to believe President Obama's birth certificate is real, or not, this is worth watching:

First lady Melania Trump’s immigration attorney criticized the “inhumanity” of the administration’s zero-tolerance border policy during an appearance on Fox & Friends on Tuesday. “The inhumanity of what we see is reminiscent of detentions center of Nazi Germany, of the slave trade,” Michael Wildes said. “We can do better when we try to figure out this problem.” The New York lawyer, who represented the first lady, her parents, and her sister during their immigration proceedings, also said the deterrence policy “goes against the very ethos of our founding documents and fathers.” He added, “Let’s not forget this problem needs to be fixed because the greatest risk takers and the greatest entrepreneurs historically have been immigrants in this country.” On Sunday, the first lady said she “hates to see children separated from their families,” speaking out against a policy her husband’s administration officially announced last month.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/melania-trumps-immigration-lawyer-border-policy-is-like-nazism

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Actually, no.  That came from the Clinton campaign.

Also, whether you choose to believe President Obama's birth certificate is real, or not, this is worth watching:

OKay, if you say so...Maricopa County eh? ..

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Dare I say, they're just a basket of deplorables?

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No, they're entitled to their opinions and their state of being. I don't find them deplorable. But I'm not going to pretend the average american is a genius.

Are you contending that you are a genius since you at least sorta understand the issues here?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Are you contending that you are a genius since you at least sorta understand the issues here?

No, I'm contending that I give a !@#$...whereas most people probably don't care enough to dig into it, or lack the intellectual curiosity to look into it.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The !@#$???  :wacko:

To clarify: I'm not saying these people shouldn't be allowed to publish. Rather, that they should not be granted access to press conferences.

Credentials revoked.

Edited by joesixpack
added "not"

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

The wall that Mexico is paying for, right? 

The wall will never be built. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump wants the wall. No one outside of the Trump Cult is calling for the stupid wall. 

You lemmings that thought Mexico was going to pay for it have been sold a bill of goods for sure 

I don’t know one person who thought Trump could get Mexico to pay for it. At the time I just guessed Trump wasn’t saying things that he figured didn’t matter because Donald Trump was/is never gonna be president. Except of course he became president. 

• Like (+1) 1