[Update: SIGNED!] When does Josh Allen Sign his contract

What I find interesting is that there's an $11.5 Million difference between the 1st pick and 7th pick in rookie contracts. I would expect that much difference between a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick but between the 1st pick and the 7th pick in the 1st round on a rookie deal? Neither Mayfield or Allen have played one down yet. That's quite a bit of difference but good for the Bills cap though.

Edited by RobH063
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

What I find interesting is that there's an $11.5 Million difference between the 1st pick and 7th pick in rookie contracts. I would expect that much difference between a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick but between the 1st pick and the 7th pick in the 1st round on a rookie deal? Neither Mayfield or Allen have played one down yet. That's quite a bit of difference but good for the Bills cap though.

Do you not understand how the rookie pay scale works? 

And if you think that’s anything there was a time when Sam Bradford had the most guaranteed money in NFL history without playing a down.

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

This is one of those instances I feel strongly it is appropriate to start a new thread when the topic goes from speculation to actual closure.  I hate having to go back pages in a thread and find when the new development broke.

Amen.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’m curious what Allen’s expectations of himself are...is he just going with the flow of what the coaches are telling him? Can he, honestly, see himself winning the starting job? Will he be disappointed if he doesn’t win the starting job- therefore working his butt off to make sure he does?  Even if all the answers to these questions seem obvious, I just want to see how Allen answers them...is he ok with riding the bench to start his career? Because not everyone is built that way...Brady wasn’t- he thought he was better than Bledsoe and even told his buddy he was going to beat him out in camp.  I just hope Josh has that similar fire in the belly.

Edited by JaCrispy

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m curious what Allen’s expectations of himself are...is he just going with the flow of what the coaches are telling him? Can he, honestly, see himself winning the starting job? Will he be disappointed if he doesn’t win the starting job- therefore working his butt off to make sure he does?  Even if all the answers to these questions seem obvious, I just want to see how Allen answers them...is he ok with riding the bench to start his career? Because not everyone is built that way...Brady wasn’t- he thought he was better than Bledsoe and even told his buddy he was going to beat him out in camp.  I just hope Josh has that similar fire in the belly.

I don't mind the fire , but common sense might be telling me If I'm J A to watch how a more experienced QB like A J McCArron approaches the game of football at the NFL level and wait until the O as a unit is firing on all cylinders.

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

LARAMIE, Wyo. -- On Nov. 20, 2014, near the end of Josh Allen's first season at junior college, he sent emails imploring someone -- anyone, really -- to give him a chance to be a Division I quarterback.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20117075/wyoming-cowboys-josh-allen-goes-unknown-no-1-pick-nfl-draft-buzz

I don't think Josh Allen will give up on himself or not give effort when fighting for the starting role. At least I feel comfortable with that. Hopefully he can play QB in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gigs said:

Do you not understand how the rookie pay scale works? 

And if you think that’s anything there was a time when Sam Bradford had the most guaranteed money in NFL history without playing a down.

50mil. And I believe he was the last one before the rookie cap. Thank God for that coming about or rookie QBs would start out getting Jimmy g. Deals.

24 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Wow, that is better for the Bills than I thought. Hope they use this to their advantage at other positions.

I mean, you had like 3 months to look up what #7 got last year... did you expect it to be drastically different?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

“You know, that guy who threw five picks in a half? I hope I can play a bit better.”

• Haha (+1) 2