Shots Fired! Tim Graham calls out Vic Carruci for Posing with The Biscuit

Here's the background. Bernie Kosar tweets a photo from Jim Kelly's charity event that included Vic C posing next to Cornelius Bennett.

Graham retweets it with that caption. 

In another tweet TG claims he isn't taking a shot at Carruci. I think of course it is, and right out on public. What do you think?

Ummm…. Bennett wasn't convicted of rape, he pled down to a lesser charge.

This is why people don't want to pay for the Buffalo News.  Apparently accuracy takes a back seat to personal vendettas.

Seems like an unprofessional cheap shot at a coworker in a public forum. There are like 5 different guys I’m that photo.

But in the age of #meToo maybe he thinks it’s a legit gripe? 

Edited by Idandria
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe I was too young at the time, but I don’t remember anything about Cornelius Bennett and rape. Time to fire up the google machine 

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/09/10/sports/bennett-pleads-guilty.html

He pled down to a misdemeanor charge.  Graham is claiming he was convicted of felony rape.

At the very least, he should get a talking to by his superiors at the News.  IMO he should be fired but we know that won't happen.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe I was too young at the time, but I don’t remember anything about Cornelius Bennett and rape. Time to fire up the google machine 

I wasn’t too young, but I didn't Live in WNY then either. Huh? Out of left field here. Not a fan of bringing it up this way regardless. 

Bennett pleased guilty to something that was pretty bad, and mean, but it was a misdemeanor.

Personally I am wondering if he wanted to take a shot at Carruci, or Bennett, why did he pick Jim Kelly's charity event?

Why didn't that at least stop him? Why get that mixed up in this? I don't understand that person. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, sullim4 said:

He pled down to a misdemeanor charge.  Graham is claiming he was convicted of felony rape.

At the very least, he should get a talking to by his superiors at the News.  IMO he should be fired but we know that won't happen.

Why, is he the only one left? 

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Bennett pleased guilty to something that was pretty bad, and mean, but it was a misdemeanor.

Personally I am wondering if he wanted to take a shot at Carruci, or Bennett, why did he pick Jim Kelly's charity event?

Why didn't that at least stop him? Why get that mixed up in this? I don't understand that person. 

I don’t know the details, but have to agree this was not the time or place. 

• Like (+1) 2

I truly dont remember this but also wasn’t paying close attention at that time

. Then, as now, the league had to deal with embarrassing arrests of high-profile players.

One was linebacker Cornelius Bennett, who has played in five Super Bowls with teams in Buffalo and Atlanta. He pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct in 1997 in an attack on a female acquaintance in a Buffalo hotel room. Bennett served 35 days in jail and later received counseling under the league's program.

The N.F.L.'s policy was in its infancy when Bennett was arrested. At the time, players accused of violent crimes were subject to counseling but not punishment. Would Bennett have feared the policy in its current form, he was asked, and thus been able to avoid the sexual abuse charge for fear of fines or suspension by the league?

''I don't know, probably not at that time,'' said Bennett, who now plays for the Indianapolis Colts. ''I thought I was a good person then, but I wasn't as good a person as I believed. I don't know if a piece of paper would have changed anything.''

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/206192-shots-fired-tim-graham-calls-out-vic-carruci-for-posing-with-the-biscuit/

the tweet from Graham was tacky all around, though 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We're back to Cornholius Bennett?

I had not previously heard of this charge, and consequent nickname, as I left the area the year before and did not return until 2012. 

So I just read about the charges and ruling and whatnot; yikes. Put the Biscuit up there with Jim Kelly as sports heroes in Blo who were scumbags off the field. ALLEGEDLY...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

You cannot be fired at Buffalo News due to union.  Maybe it is time for a GoFundMe to raise money to sue Buffalo News for slander.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why, is he the only one left? 

He has a repeated pattern of doing this.  For all the crap that Bucky and Sully took (and rightfully so), Timmah can never admit that he was wrong.  Even his response says that he's only "technically" wrong and that it really was rape.  Were you there Tim?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Here's the background. Bernie Kosar tweets a photo from Jim Kelly's charity event that included Vic C posing next to Cornelius Bennett.

Graham retweets it with that caption. 

In another tweet TG claims he isn't taking a shot at Carruci. I think of course it is, and right out on public. What do you think?

If you look closely, it seems Cornelius is ready for action...

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

You cannot be fired at Buffalo News due to union.  Maybe it is time for a GoFundMe to raise money to sue Buffalo News for slander.

Graham never says "felony" in his tweet; and if you read the plea conviction language, it sure sounds like rape, or at least an injurious form of it. 

So, relax. Graham's tweet sure seems unnecessarily blunt, but then again, the details of Bennett's incident/assault are really gross, and maybe suggest people who celebrate him should think twice.

• Like (+1) 3