Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

13 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I honestly don't understand the hate that some people have for Tyrod. 

8 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I honestly don’t understand the blind love some people have for the guy. 

And really, there's the rub.  I chalk it up to an all-too-common phenomenon on these message boards that we actually see in play on the US political stage as well.  Nobody is willing to compromise any more.  It's either black or white.  Us or them.  No middle ground.  I don't understand it, I don't like it, and I don't know where it came from.  You can actually like some things about a player and not like others.  You can be optimistic without being blind to legitimate concerns.  You can have concerns without blindly trashing everything.

Sad, really.  I'm glad I don't think that way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, eball said:

And really, there's the rub.  I chalk it up to an all-too-common phenomenon on these message boards that we actually see in play on the US political stage as well.  Nobody is willing to compromise any more.  It's either black or white.  Us or them.  No middle ground.  I don't understand it, I don't like it, and I don't know where it came from.  You can actually like some things about a player and not like others.  You can be optimistic without being blind to legitimate concerns.  You can have concerns without blindly trashing everything.

I think you are overlooking the average poster IQ at this forum.

Intelligence and complexity of thought/understandings vary directly.  

That is to say, as intelligence goes up, so does one's ability to see the world with greater complexity.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I honestly don't understand the hate that some people have for Tyrod. 

3 full seasons of typical Tyrod is enough “film” to say he’s not great.  

That is not hate.  It is telling what happened.

•  You want hate see the anti Peterman comments and the EJ bashing.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

I'll take this one step further.  With people polarized, some people here get real upset if you don't see TT the same way they do.  I've said I think he's baseline, he doesn't make big plays to win, and doesn't make big mistakes to lose.  He elevates teams below .500 and drags teams above .500 down.  In my opinion, the Bills finally outgrew him, and the 1-31 Browns are a perfect fit for him.

I have said that, and been attacked from it on both sides.  TT supporters blast me for having the audacity to see him as middle-ground and not an amazing QB saddled with the Bills coaching and players...and TT detractors blast me for suggesting he's anything more then useless.  It's that absolute factor I think that annoys a lot of people.  People aren't flexible.  And it's that attitude that makes things worse.  Fanatical TT supporters and detractors frustrate the rest of us who just want the season to start so at least one of the two groups might shut up based on TT's play.

• Like (+1) 2

TT is a whiner.  Saying he would "love to knock the Bills out of the playoffs," is just a jack-a&& thing to say.  He should realize he is NOT the reason the Bills made the playoffs.  

It will be interesting to see what type of leash he is given in Cleveland.  Cleveland has one of the best--if not the best--WR groups in the NFL.   

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I'll take this one step further.  With people polarized, some people here get real upset if you don't see TT the same way they do.  I've said I think he's baseline, he doesn't make big plays to win, and doesn't make big mistakes to lose.  He elevates teams below .500 and drags teams above .500 down.  In my opinion, the Bills finally outgrew him, and the 1-31 Browns are a perfect fit for him.

I have said that, and been attacked from it on both sides.  TT supporters blast me for having the audacity to see him as middle-ground and not an amazing QB saddled with the Bills coaching and players...and TT detractors blast me for suggesting he's anything more then useless.  It's that absolute factor I think that annoys a lot of people.  People aren't flexible.  And it's that attitude that makes things worse.  Fanatical TT supporters and detractors frustrate the rest of us who just want the season to start so at least one of the two groups might shut up based on TT's play.

Not just about TT (which has really gotten old).  Now the same thing is going on about Josh Allen.

Beane, McDermott, and Daboll seem like reasonable guys and for that at least I'm grateful.

15 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Just saw an article today (sorry - no link) that says Tyrod has outplayed Baker Mayfield, and it's not close.  Hue Jackson has said Tyrod will be his starter for the full season.  So, did Cleveland draft the wrong QB again?  With the glowing reports of Josh Allen's minicamp performance, did Buffalo draft the right one for a change?  

I hope so.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

TT is a whiner.  Saying he would "love to knock the Bills out of the playoffs," is just a jack-a&& thing to say.  He should realize he is NOT the reason the Bills made the playoffs.  

It will be interesting to see what type of leash he is given in Cleveland.  Cleveland has one of the best--if not the best--WR groups in the NFL.   

:lol: He wasn't whining at all. 

Cleveland Browns quarterback Tyrod Taylor joins "Inside Minicamp Live" to talk about the Browns' offseason additions, his relationship with his former team and more.

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all obviously hope we did.

Several on this board (posting in this thread as well, I might add) are desperately hoping Cleveland drafted the right QB, too, while also simultaneously hoping that Tyrod sucks and is benched mid-season.

These people are sad and might be a little miserable if Taylor isn't benched and if he plays well this season. Just be kind to them if that happens because they just won't know what to post about since half their time in the 3 months he's been gone has mostly been posting about Tyrod Taylor.

Just give them a little pick-me-up if that happens while the rest of us go on caring about what happens with the Buffalo Bills rather than the Cleveland Browns.

L oh effing L

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

L oh effing L

That high maintenance poster is good for a few laughs at least. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t understand the apparent need to divide everyone into “blind love” or “haters”

Or those that mock the ones that aren’t ready to throw the towel in on Nate.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I honestly don’t understand the blind love some people have for the guy. 

Its really not that hard to understand.....

He was a bill

We are fans of the bills

We want our players to do well

He is no longer a bill

What I dont understand is the blatant hatred for the guy.....as a human being he really is not a hard person to like....he exemplifies the "pool yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our our lives.....some of us identify with him......he turned himself from a late round pick into a starter for a professional football team and managed to qb a team to a playoff birth

Sadly......it just was not good enough....those of us that had much respect for the guy wished that he could take that next step in his development and be the guy WE wanted.....but in the end he had reached his ceiling and was not going to improve.....

What I am not liking right now is the chip on his shoulder now seems to have been pointed towards the Buffalo Bills.....who frankly Tyrod should be just thanking for giving him the opportunity (much like Cog) in that there is a strong possibility that without that particular ideal time and situation for him he would not have gotten the opportunity to turn it into a lucrative contract.   He could have easily fallen into that group of extreme athletes that were not qbs playing the qb postiion that never got their shot.....

He did....he should thank the bills for it and move on and concentrate on his new team.

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He was a bill

We are fans of the bills

He is no longer a bill

What I dont understand is the blatant hatred for the guy.....as a human being he really is not a hard person to like....he exemplifies the "pool yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our our lives.....some of us identify with him......he turned himself from a late round pick into a starter for a professional football team and managed to qb a team to a playoff birth

Sadly......it just was not good enough....those of us that had much respect for the guy wished that he could take that next step in his development and be the guy WE wanted.....but in the end he had reached his ceiling and was not going to improve.....

What I am not liking right now is the chip on his shoulder now seems to have been pointed towards the Buffalo Bills.....who frankly Tyrod should be just thanking for giving him the opportunity (much like Cog) in that there is a strong possibility that without that particular ideal time and situation for him he would not have gotten the opportunity to turn it into a lucrative contract.   He could have easily fallen into that group of extreme athletes that were not qbs playing the qb postiion that never got their shot.....

He did....he should thank the bills for it and move on and concentrate on his new team.

"he exemplifies the "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our lives"

No.  He does not.  He exemplifies the, "when I'm getting criticized, I need to deflect and whip out the race card," mentality.

I never held it against him that he was an average-at-best QB.  It wasn't his fault that Ryan hand-picked him.  That's like being mad at Maybin for being drafted too early.  What are these guys supposed to do?

But the second he injected race into the conversation, I lost every ounce of respect for him - the person.

Glad he's gone.  Hope he falls flat on his face.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"he exemplifies the "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our lives"

No.  He does not.  He exemplifies the, "when I'm getting criticized, I need to deflect and whip out the race card," mentality.

I never held it against him that he was an average-at-best QB.  It wasn't his fault that Ryan hand-picked him.  That's like being mad at Maybin for being drafted too early.  What are these guys supposed to do?

But the second he injected race into the conversation, I lost every ounce of respect for him - the person.

Glad he's gone.  Hope he falls flat on his face.

Gug....lets be real about this.  You didnt like him before he EVER talked about race and your posts prove that.

Its ok.....he isnt a bill anymore

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Gug....lets be real about this.  You didnt like him before he EVER talked about race and your posts prove that.

Its ok.....he isnt a bill anymore

I thought he was a crap QB, yes.  I also thought he was divisive (in the locker room).  But my negative feelings about him were as a player.  When he brought race into it was when I drew my own conclusion that he's simply not a good person.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What I dont understand is the blatant hatred for the guy.....

I've never seen anything close to blatant hatred for Taylor, but I have seen this gross mischaracterization of his critics many times, which has probably led to more vociferous critique of Taylor's play than otherwise might have happened.

The anti-Taylor criticism has rarely if ever been personal in nature and it's usually very consistent:  He's a mediocre passer in a league where having that limitation places a hard ceiling on the team's potential.

Just now, KD in CA said:

I've never seen anything close to blatant hatred for Taylor, but I have seen this gross mischaracterization of his critics many times, which has probably led to more vociferous critique of Taylor's play than otherwise might have happened.

The anti-Taylor criticism has rarely if ever been personal in nature and it's usually very consistent:  He's a mediocre passer in a league where having that limitation places a hard ceiling on the team's potential.

Then your not paying attn honestly.......unless there are certain poster's that you just dismiss as buffoons so you dont take their words into consideration.

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He was a bill

We are fans of the bills

He is no longer a bill

But why continue to defend him after he is no longer part of the TEAM and say things along the lines of, just watch he going to take the browns to the playoffs and the bills will end up with the first pick in the draft? You understand that? If you do please explain, I just dont get it. Thats the blind love I dont get. 

Edited by CircleTheWagons99

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

But why continue to defend him after he is no longer part of the TEAM and say things along the lines of, just watch he going to take the browns to the playoffs and the bills will end up with the first pick in the draft? You understand that? If you do please explain, I just dont get it. Thats the blind love I dont get. 

I cant defend that at all

He is a former bill and took a shot at our bills in a interview......I am a buffalo bill fan before anything else.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Then your not paying attn honestly.......unless there are certain poster's that you just dismiss as buffoons so you dont take their words into consideration.

...how the hell does anybody hate a kid chasing his NFL dream, specifically to be a starting NFL QB?....doesn't get any more repulsive or ignorant (same boat Peterman kid is in)......the kid just did not have the knack to make the passing game a viable, consistent threat especially downfield......five seconds to work with in reads & progressions is overwhelmingly SHORT....some can, most cannot.....he's moved on to a fresh start and allegedly Hugh is a QB/Offensive guru......certainly hope he can point the kid in the right direction towards the next level.....doesn't get any simpler than that IMO.....

• Like (+1) 1