Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

24 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He played the card and it’s everyone else’s fault. Awesome. 

When that type of excuse making is used by a grown man in a public setting it leads me to believe that isn’t the first time he has thought about it or discussed it. See Charles Clay’s comments from last summer.

I’m not obsessed with it but I’m disappointed that a subpar QB who was fortunate enough to have an extended opportunity as a starter in the NFL thinks like that. He could have said...it’s harder playing quarterback when you can’t audible or read a defense. Everyone would have understood that. 

Someone asks Tyrod a subjective question, and he gives his honest, subjective, opinion that answers that subjective question and hes playing the race card? 

The NFL is dominated by african american athletes, yet the QB position continues to be dominated by white athletes. 

So if an african american QB thinks he has to overcome other people’s hangups due to race, the numbers at least favor his subjective opinion. 

A white guy might feel the same way about making it as a RB in the NFL and he too would be entitled to feel that way and there may be something to it.

I step back and take the “i havent walked a mile in their shoes” approach to these kinds of matters. Im personally not a minority competing for a starting position in the nfl that continues to be dominated (at the NFL level) by white athletes. If i was, i might view things differently. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Someone asks Tyrod a subjective question, and he gives his honest, subjective, opinion that answers that subjective question and hes playing the race card? 

The NFL is dominated by african american athletes, yet the QB position continues to be dominated by white athletes. 

So if an african american QB thinks he has to overcome other people’s hangups due to race, the numbers at least favor his subject opinion. 

A white guy might feel the same way about making it as a RB in the NFL and he too would be entitled to feel that way and there may be something to it.

I step back and take the “i havent walked a mile in their shoes” approach to these kinds of matters. Im personally not a minority competing for a starting position in the nfl that continues to be dominated (at the NFL level) by white athletes. If i was, i might view things differently. 

This isn’t Jackie Robinson. The Bills have had EJ, Thad, Jackson, Cardale all playing quarterback since Taylor was drafted into the league. 

It’s excuse making and shows a lack of maturity. He didn’t progress as a QB because of his limitations, not because of his skin color. 

Adam Thielen came from some bum D-2 school and worked his way from a gunner to a legit WR. I don’t think he spent much time saying damn “it’s hard doing this as a white guy”

64x2x10 know what the number equals? The rough number of black cornerbacks who have played since the last white corner. Know what Jason Seahorn had to say about that? Nothing. He wore sleeves every game because he didn’t want it to be about race.

Think like a winner, stop making excuses.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Back in Da Day, I remember reading that Don Beebe had a tshirt saying "White Flash" because he was tired of having his speed questioned, and felt there was a racial component to the repetitive questioning.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

This isn’t Jackie Robinson. The Bills have had EJ, Thad, Jackson, Cardale all playing quarterback since Taylor was drafted into the league. 

It’s excuse making and shows a lack of maturity. He didn’t progress as a QB because of his limitations, not because of his skin color. 

Adam Thielen came from some bum D-2 school and worked his way from a gunner to a legit WR. I don’t think he spent much time saying damn “it’s hard doing this as a white guy”

64x2x10 know what the number equals? The rough number of black cornerbacks who have played since the last white corner. Know what Jason Seahorn had to say about that? Nothing. He wore sleeves every game because he didn’t want it to be about race.

Think like a winner, stop making excuses.

But was he making excuses for anything? Answering this question isnt automatically making an excuse - it’s simply responding based off of personal observation. 

Im not going bother with the rest of your post as you appear to be speaking for what other people seem to think,  when in reality you know nothing of the kind. 

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Back in Da Day, I remember reading that Don Beebe had a tshirt saying "White Flash" because he was tired of having his speed questioned, and felt there was a racial component to the repetitive questioning.

I dont blame him, id probably be tired of it too. The NFL, like few other of the major sports, is so focused on physical measurements, that I imagine it becomes easy for even professionals in the league to get caught up in stereotypes. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

But was he making excuses for anything? Answering this question isnt automatically making an excuse - it’s simply responding based off of personal observation. 

Im not going bother with the rest of your post as you appear to be speaking for what other people seem to think,  when in reality you know nothing of the kind. 

I dont blame him, id probably be tired of it too. The NFL, like few other of the major sports, is so focused on physical measurements, that I imagine it becomes easy for even professionals in the league to get caught up in stereotypes. 

Other people seem to think...https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/26/white-cornerbacks-jason-sehorn-kevin-kaesviharn-donny-lisowski

That’s an example of how you rise above any perceived stereotypes instead of clinging onto them as you faulter.

Again, it wasn’t simply a response to a question. Clay had comments about this same thing months before and talking it over with Taylor.

“It’s always going to be twice as bad because of who I am - an African-American quarterback. Look across the league, man. We are held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.”

”I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing or just an African American thing. And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

Almost have to be perfect? Give me a break. 

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

How is this thread still going?  What constructive information is coming from it? The guy isn't even a Buffalo Bill anymore.

The problem is the other QBs on the roster are all too new!  Even Peterman...there isn't much to work with there, other than the 5 interception debacle against the Chargers. 

Once AJ starts stinking up the joint and Allen's development doesn't progress as planned, there will be plenty of QB problems to discuss and Tryod will be forgotten quicker than you can say: "EJ".

For now, Tyrod is all we have! 

:lol:

20 minutes ago, wppete said:

Tyrod is talking crap about beating the bills. Tyrod shouldn’t be talking after the way he has played in the last couple of years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/14/tyrod-taylor-id-love-to-see-the-bills-in-the-playoffs-and-knock-them-out/

That's talking crap? Honestly, what athlete that has been traded/let go doesn't want to prove their last team wrong? Look at Shady the first time we faced Philly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Tyrod is talking crap about beating the bills. Tyrod shouldn’t be talking after the way he has played in the last couple of years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/14/tyrod-taylor-id-love-to-see-the-bills-in-the-playoffs-and-knock-them-out/

Wait..  Cleveland playing the Bills in the playoffs?  Does he know how playoffs work?  It would require one of the teams to get "home advantage. " Furthermore,  it requires both of the teams to be better than 7-9 and ONE to be most likely 10-6 or better.  Silly Tyrod...

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

Wait..  Cleveland playing the Bills in the playoffs?  Does he know how playoffs work?  It would require one of the teams to get "home advantage. " Furthermore,  it requires both of the teams to be better than 7-9 and ONE to be most likely 10-6 or better.  Silly Tyrod...

The only way the teams play against each other this year is if they meet in the playoffs...

54 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The only way the teams play against each other this year is if they meet in the playoffs...

Right...  as I mentioned in my post - there is ALOT of improbable things that have to occur in order for his "dream" scenario to be actualized.

• Like (+1) 1

On the current topics :

• Taylor says he'd like to meet the Bills in the playoff and win. That's controversial how?
  • This thread is underrated. Think of all the "bump" material it provides once real games are being played in September. I'm excited......
  • On Taylor "playing the race card" if benched for Mayfield : He would have done so after the imbecilic decision to start Peterman if there was even the slightest chance he'd take that road. Instead he was team-first and classy. I'm afraid that Commonsense's little fantasy lacks credibility (and common sense).
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

I fully expect to be at a Bills home playoff game this year.  If it's against Hotrod and the Clowns, oh well that works.

How the playoffs works is one thing Hotrod understands.  No Bills QB could figure it out for 17 years, but he did :)

Edited by reddogblitz

53 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not surprised at all by this.

Leadership ☠️☠️☠️☠️

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I fully expect to be at a Bills home playoff game this year.  If it's against Hotrod and the Clowns, oh well that works.

How the playoffs works is one thing Hotrod understands.  No Bills QB could figure it out for 17 years, but he did :)

Too bad he couldn’t figure out how to score a single td in a playoff situation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, grb said:

On the current topics :

• Taylor says he'd like to meet the Bills in the playoff and win. That's controversial how?
  • This thread is underrated. Think of all the "bump" material it provides once real games are being played in September. I'm excited......
  • On Taylor "playing the race card" if benched for Mayfield : He would have done so after the imbecilic decision to start Peterman if there was even the slightest chance he'd take that road. Instead he was team-first and classy. I'm afraid that Commonsense's little fantasy lacks credibility (and common sense).

Excited to bump it every time he makes it another quarter without being benched ? 

How does the new browns jersey fit ?