Peyton Manning allegedly the source of Al Jazeera's doping allegations

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/al-jazeera-says-peyton-manning-was-source-confirming-claims-sports-doping-film-1116340

In bombshell court papers unsealed in a defamation lawsuit against Al Jazeera America, the defunct cable news network says football legend Peyton Manning "confirmed" much of the doping allegations made against him by its primary source.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

IMHO all players should be allowed to use steroids if they want...and I’m not being sarcastic 

They already are, the league just tries to make it look good. A truly heavy handed steroid policy does nothing to benefit the league, and they know it. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's think about this for a minute..... Peyton Manning told them ever so casually, "Yeah, I've been on that Barry Bonds nutritional pack for a while. Have you seen these guns?" :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dalton said:

Any reason you did not include the last paragraph?

Please don't tell me lawyers never lie.

Manning's lawyers offered nothing new in that denial.

Al Jazeera's lawyers certainly would really be bluffing if they simply made up that Manning's lawyers confirmed his PED use.

I would think the lawyers they are quoting could be deposed by Al Jazeera's lawyers so they would have to deny it under oath.

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

IMHO all players should be allowed to use steroids if they want...and I’m not being sarcastic 

So extremely talented players have to sacrifice their morals and health to compete with roiders? It would have sucked to know you had game in HS ball but your no talent competition was miles better because they like roid raging

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Peyton, Bonds, Lebron = roid foreheads 

Has LeBron been juiced since he was 12?

His "roid forehead" has looked the same since he was a teenager.

He's also seen a slow, natural decline in his athleticism, has played with multiple Olympics and FIBA teams (who are crazy strict with their testing), does not have any crazy veins/muscle hypertrophy typically seen with steroids, and has not had the slew of injuries that long time 'roid users start seeing pile up in their 30s due to the breakdown of tendons and joint integrity.

He's been a freak of nature since he was a kid, and is well known to have been insanely strict with diet and exercise since he was a kid as well, and has never been the typical drugs/alcohol/party time athlete.

I'd be shocked if he was on steroids.

Bonds was obvious.

Manning was most likely used to try and recover after his neck injury, vs career long usage.

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Manning's lawyers offered nothing new in that denial.

Al Jazeera's lawyers certainly would really be bluffing if they simply made up that Manning's lawyers confirmed his PED use.

I would think the lawyers they are quoting could be deposed by Al Jazeera's lawyers so they would have to deny it under oath.

Not quite attorney/client privilege, but something about this makes me think that deposing the opposing sides attorneys wouldn't be allowed.  Not sure though, maybe in this case since this issue may be at the heart of the case it could be.  Just sounds off to me though.