Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shaw66

Take A Minute to Appreciate This Forum

Recommended Posts

If you're like me, you come here more or less every day, sometimes three, four, five times a day, checking to see if there's any news (thanks to the guys who post Bills news wherever they find it!) and occasionally getting involved in discussions.   

 

It's great that folks invested the time and energy to create this forum and to keep it running.   The regular posters, the occasional commenters and the lurkers all get a lot of pleasure coming here (and some occasional aggravation whenOBD comes up with it's latest head-scratcher). 

 

Thanks to all involved. 

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People never want to hear about how the sausage is made, and we never do around here because of how smoothly things run without realizing the effort that a number of you put into this place.

 

I'll never tire of saying it...thank you.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have appreciated this site since I first started coming here many years ago. Thank you to those who had a vision, those that created it, and those who maintain and moderate it. In return, I try to conduct myself in a manner conducive to a healthy exchange of thoughts regarding our team. It is the least I can do for your hard work.

 

Thank You!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big thank you for everyone that makes this site what it is. I was bummed when the old BBMB went down but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because this forum is a huge upgrade. Thanks for taking this refugee in!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

People never want to hear about how the sausage is made, and we never do around here because of how smoothly things run without realizing the effort that a number of you put into this place.

 

I'll never tire of saying it...thank you.

 

There's actually a very long thread about sausage making somewhere in the OTW archives.

  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gugny said:

 

There's actually a very long thread about sausage making somewhere in the OTW archives.

 

 

I can read about it, but I don't have to hear about it.

 

😃

 

Bocce-Balls, so these are the new emojis/emoticons!

 

I couldn't see them when posting on my ipad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the moderators who do an essential but thankless job. Because of the nature of their job they are more likely to receive complaints rather than accolades for their voluntary service. I say thank you. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was on another private board for many years even while BBMB was active but I left recently because it seemed that everywhere I looked the conversation was toxic and only 2 or 3 voices seemed to get anyone’s attention. 

 

In my brief time here thus far I’ve felt welcome and equal and simply just a part of a fan base. So I’m thankful to be here and for these forums as well. It’s nice to have an outlet - especially as an out of towner who isn’t privy to the normal Bills exposure as many others. 

Edited by SoCoBills
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

I was on another private board for many years even while BBMB was active but I left recently because it seemed that everywhere I looked the conversation was toxic and only 2 or 3 voices seemed to get anyone’s attention. 

 

In my brief time here thus far I’ve felt welcome and equal and simply just a part of a fan base. So I’m thankful to be here and for these forums as well. It’s nice to have an outlet - especially as an out of towner who isn’t privy to the normal Bills exposure as many others. 

I think a lot of us are out of town.   If you live in WNY, you can have as many face-to-face conversations about the Bills as you'd like.   If you're out of town, there's no one to talk to except, in my case, Patriots fans.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From time to time, I will go on other fan sites- the Pats* forum, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, and Chargers are several that I will frequent. None come even close to this site. The ease of use, the layout, the links and its efficiency are all outstanding, and better than every other football fan I have seen. But, what really sets this place apart is the knowledge base, discussion, and debate. Maybe it's the 17-year drought that weeded out the bandwagoners, the high standard of moderation, the constant effort of some of our more dedicated posters, or a combination of all of it, but this site is truly remarkable. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post!!! I am truly grateful for this forum. Thank you!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thankful for this forum.  Thanks to the mods and owner for keeping a good thing going. :thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I only come here for Teef's free Green Moutain Dark Roast imperial coffee & Norwegian  Danish

Edited by THE SLAMMER
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I think a lot of us are out of town.   If you live in WNY, you can have as many face-to-face conversations about the Bills as you'd like.   If you're out of town, there's no one to talk to except, in my case, Patriots fans.   

Very true. I have lived in Los Angeles since '91, but born and raised in Rochester. There is a bar in town where the LA Bills Backers meet (Buzby's) that I'll go to a couple times a year. LA is a shallow crap-hole, and it's an enormous relief to be surrounded by Western New Yorkers from time to time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best place to talk sports on the net. Everyone have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. Thanks to the mods for maintaining the site and thanks to the quality posters for contributing intelligent thoughts. Being 600 miles away from WNY makes it difficult to find other Bills fans to talk to, so it's great to get on this board a few times a day, see what's happening, and get peoples' take on it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

From time to time, I will go on other fan sites- the Pats* forum, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, and Chargers are several that I will frequent. None come even close to this site. The ease of use, the layout, the links and its efficiency are all outstanding, and better than every other football fan I have seen. But, what really sets this place apart is the knowledge base, discussion, and debate. Maybe it's the 17-year drought that weeded out the bandwagoners, the high standard of moderation, the constant effort of some of our more dedicated posters, or a combination of all of it, but this site is truly remarkable. 

Absolutely right - very few outright ignorant or abusive posters [see Jets and Dolphins forums, in particular], but the quality of the forum and the posts is much better than I've seen elsewhere - many very clever and/or funny posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed! Just do yourself a favor, and don't wander over to PPP...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you TBD for not being the BBMB. At least the mods have a sense of humor around here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is honestly the only Bills forum on the internet that's not full of homer d-bags that just comment things like #BillsMafia or Brady* sucks. (Not that he doesn't.) 

Also, I campaigned for @Canadian Bills Fan to become a mod. He shut down my "Pegula can't own two teams" thread real quick. Dude doesn't play favorites. Can't say I liked that move, but I respect it. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ty SDS and everyone who make this board what it is.  I moved to NYC from Buffalo in 2000 and shortly thereafter found this board.  Been a great source of Bills discussions over the years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks indeed! I was a transplant from the BBMB and this gave me a place to continue yapping about this team. Apologies for the knuckleheads that came over from BBMB but for the most part, this forum has been wonderful. Thanks to the mods and the site owner for doing such a great job.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×