Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

NYJ Trade Hackenberg to the Raiders for a Conditional 2019 7th Round Pick - Waived by Oakland

Recommended Posts

 

 

....good news...so where are the "tire kickers"??..........

 

Christian Hackenberg clears waivers

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 13, 2018, 4:58 PM EDT
 
Hackenberg, the quarterback who was the Jets’ 2016 second-round draft pick, was waived by the Raiders yesterday and went unclaimed on waivers today, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Even still someone wasted a 2nd on him. Other guys like Logan Thomas or Jevan Snead that were talked about as potential #1 overall picks plummeted. Jimmy Clausen is probably the best comparison in terms of draft status. Clausen has kicked around and had a few decent games. Hackenberg was picked 51st overall and has as many career attempts as I do. 

 

Yea Snead is a good comaprison. I don't think people had a 2nd round grade on Hackenburg for the most part though. You can't legislate for stupid and the Jets obviously were. 

 

The one thing I thank Hackenburg for is Robby Anderson. He first caught my eye watching a season opener a couple of years back where Temple upset Penn State and I had only put it on to watch Hack. Anderson is a kid who has made me look pretty smart since. When he isn't talking about what he would do to a cop's wife that is.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Better than I thought. I thought it was in the teens. Isn't there an above 25 standard for QBs?

 

No. There's not. 

 

I think Jim Kelly was in the teens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

 

No. There's not. 

 

I think Jim Kelly was in the teens. 

He was, so was Marino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second BOB passed on him in the draft when the Texans clearly had a need at QB, it confirmed in my mind he did not have the potential to play qb in the NFL. He was the only coach that Sackenberg looked halfway decent playing for, and even he didn’t see a future for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Hackenberg visiting New England Patriots

 

After spending less than a month in Oakland, free agent QB Christian Hackenberg is visiting the New England Patriots today, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

ESPN first reported the visit.

The former Penn State QB cleared waivers on Wednesday after the Raiders waived Hackenberg one day earlier. Oakland acquired him from the New York Jets in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick on May 22.

New England's quarterback arsenal currently consists of Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer and rookie seventh-round pick Danny Etling, and while the Patriots are not expected to sign Hackenberg, he remains an option going forward, according to Garafolo.

 

 

WTF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Christian Hackenberg visiting New England Patriots

 

After spending less than a month in Oakland, free agent QB Christian Hackenberg is visiting the New England Patriots today, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

ESPN first reported the visit.

The former Penn State QB cleared waivers on Wednesday after the Raiders waived Hackenberg one day earlier. Oakland acquired him from the New York Jets in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick on May 22.

New England's quarterback arsenal currently consists of Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer and rookie seventh-round pick Danny Etling, and while the Patriots are not expected to sign Hackenberg, he remains an option going forward, according to Garafolo.

 

 

WTF.

Picking his brain regarding the JESTS I would imagine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nikademus said:

Picking his brain regarding the JESTS I would imagine

 

I doubt it since they have a new OC in Jeremy Bates who's installing a different offense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

I doubt it since they have a new OC in Jeremy Bates who's installing a different offense. 

Good point. Then I'm stumped lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Christian Hackenberg visiting New England Patriots

 

After spending less than a month in Oakland, free agent QB Christian Hackenberg is visiting the New England Patriots today, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

ESPN first reported the visit.

The former Penn State QB cleared waivers on Wednesday after the Raiders waived Hackenberg one day earlier. Oakland acquired him from the New York Jets in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick on May 22.

New England's quarterback arsenal currently consists of Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer and rookie seventh-round pick Danny Etling, and while the Patriots are not expected to sign Hackenberg, he remains an option going forward, according to Garafolo.

 

 

WTF.

 

...obviously Brady's heir apparent, right?..............

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, That's No Moon said:

Gruden did this in Tampa also, I think at one point he had 5 QBS on his roster. Got a bad QB that was a high pick? Gruden will take him. Got a QB Gruden said nice things about? He will take him. There hasn't been a qb born that Gruden can't fix, in his own mind.

Sort of sounds like the used car dealer that takes in the dealer trades that nobody wants...then a month later sells them off to a used car lot in Guadalajara, Mexico. 😁

On 5/22/2018 at 6:17 PM, That's No Moon said:

Here's feedback, because your footwork sucked. It sucked at penn state and it sucks now. You look like Frankenstein on benzos dipped in solidifying concrete.

No, not the next Brady...the next Bledsoe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he likely ends up as a 3rd QB somewhere.  too bad the CFL is already underway.  The guy needs reps to improve, perhaps could have played up there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden is already crying about it

 

Blames the CBA for limiting practice time, says you cant develop QBs properly anymore cause of limited practice times and offseason time.

 

Said they couldn't properly evaluate and work with him to develop him because they cant get him the needed reps.

 

Still seems to think that he is some hidden gem that just needs to be shined and polished, and with enough time and effort, any turd can be polished......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

he likely ends up as a 3rd QB somewhere.  too bad the CFL is already underway.  The guy needs reps to improve, perhaps could have played up there.  

The NFL should have a developmental minor league, and it should be filled with QBS like Hackenberg.

 

Let them play there and see who can improve and maybe work their way back into the NFL.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fadingpain said:

The NFL should have a developmental minor league, and it should be filled with QBS like Hackenberg.

 

Let them play there and see who can improve and maybe work their way back into the NFL.

 

 

 

Yep.  Another NFL Europe.  Except in the United States this time.  And they should also let players into that league who've not completed (or even attended) college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Yep.  Another NFL Europe.  Except in the United States this time.  And they should also let players into that league who've not completed (or even attended) college.

 

XFL baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

 

XFL baby!

 

Nah.  Just let the guys who don't care about a degree go into the NFL Developmental League.  Cut to the chase. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Gruden is already crying about it

 

Blames the CBA for limiting practice time, says you cant develop QBs properly anymore cause of limited practice times and offseason time.

 

Said they couldn't properly evaluate and work with him to develop him because they cant get him the needed reps.

 

Still seems to think that he is some hidden gem that just needs to be shined and polished, and with enough time and effort, any turd can be polished......

He’s not wrong about this.  The reason nfl qbs fail so much is they don’t get any time to play and get real game experience.  Think about EJ.  Dude was a raw rookie, forced to play right away, and then given 10 games before he was determined a bust.  People called Goff a bust after 7 games.  Think about what would Kurt Warner be if he didn’t play in the arena league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Nah.  Just let the guys who don't care about a degree go into the NFL Developmental League.  Cut to the chase. 

 

 

I'm not sure the NFL would create a league that would allow kids to bypass college.  But Vince McMahon would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting a QB every year like the Jets do is a sure fire process to get a "Franchise QB" :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

he likely ends up as a 3rd QB somewhere.  too bad the CFL is already underway.  The guy needs reps to improve, perhaps could have played up there.  

Some of the second string QBs will be recalled to Stelco, so there's always hope for Hackenberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s not wrong about this.  The reason nfl qbs fail so much is they don’t get any time to play and get real game experience.  Think about EJ.  Dude was a raw rookie, forced to play right away, and then given 10 games before he was determined a bust.  People called Goff a bust after 7 games.  Think about what would Kurt Warner be if he didn’t play in the arena league.

 

Do you need to peel all the layers of a rotten onion to conclude its rotten ?    The Bills kept EJ on roster for 4 seasons and gave him more than enough of a chance.   I would think that even the most diehard EJ supporter must have given up after he got pulled in favor of Cardale during that Jets game in 2016 season?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Drafting a QB every year like the Jets do is a sure fire process to get a "Franchise QB" :)

 

Will you say the same thing next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GG said:

 

Will you say the same thing next year?

 

Doubtful,  but perhaps.

 

Even though tanking and trading up and taking the second QB on the board is a different strategy than the draft a schmuck every year the likes of Smith, Petty, and Sackenberg IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×