YoloinOhio

WR Russell Shepard released from Carolina; scheduled to meet with Bills

Did he feel certain he wasn't going to make the Panthers roster?

A paycheck with a team you know you'll stick with is worth more than $2M you aren't ever going to see and then having to look for a job after rosters are set.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

See you soon Russell!!

Same thing I thought when I saw his release. Won't be long now... ⏱

I’ll take him over Kaelin Clay

they have Ray-Ray, Clay and Bray for marginal receiver turned special teamer

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As long as he doesn't think he's some alien lizard, give him a tryout.

If he’s got the same on-field chops as Reptilian Solar Being, sign him up.   Don’t think so though.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Biggest surprise of 2018:

Chubbs would have bet his right arm on this if he had one, Happy...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’m not even sure if this is sarcasm? Do the Bills literally bring in every single guy from Carolina?

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

...interesting...his production numbers are off the charts.....could be a good Peanuts Peddler in the 300's....sky IS the limit up there.............

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not even sure if this is sarcasm? Do the Bills literally bring in every single guy from Carolina?

I hear Jerry Richardson is coming to visit for Russ Brandon's job. He has a lot of hands-on experience.

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They haven't called me yet, Kirby.  Just sitting here pinning away in Carolina. Growing older and slower by the day.  Could I be Kim's coffee-fetcher or something?

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2018 at 3:25 PM, Buffalo30 said:

They also haven't had a QB worth much in the pass game.  

The guy we drafted best case scenario will be the QB you are detesting.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes. No matter how much the guy blows.

Like I said. McBeane must love bad WR's.

Edited by ScottLaw

On 5/14/2018 at 2:37 PM, John from Riverside said:

He definately looks like he "fits the process"

So you mean an average at best receiver talent who was cut by another team due to not even being below average in his production?

Right up their alley.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

So you mean an average at best receiver talent who was cut by another team due to not even being below average in his production?

Right up their alley.

The league is filled with low production receivers😩 who just need a chance!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

The league is filled with low production receivers😩 who just need a chance!

...so we're the "Last Chance Saloon" with Carolina pedigree preference??..........

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Right up their alley.

Don’t forget special teams ability! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t forget special teams ability! 

...oh joy....a Bobby April ST overload with guys who can't do squat at their natural positions when called upon.....Crossman is drooling all over his Adidas.....

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

cool

Edited by THE SLAMMER

I really dont see what the problem is

At worst he is camp fodder

At best he actually finds his game and contributes

This receiving core is going to be based on 2 things.......Kelvin's health and Zay's ability to overcome that horrible rookie season....there are role players that you hope can contibute someting in Streater and Kerley.....its starts with Kelvin and Zay.

I don’t understand why we don’t ever try and bring in good WRs? This guy is a nobody. The only team with WRs as bad as us, is Carolina. This guy wasn’t even one of their better Recievers. There are good WRs still available. Certainly day 1 of FA there was a ton. Same thing can be said for the draft. I realize the thought was Zay would be a big time player and I appreciated KB. But we need more then this. Sheppard is just another one of the “nobodies” we have now. Bring in Dez, or Mclin or Decker. Call Denver and see what they would take for D Thomas. Get creative. How does this guy even really help? Go get a guy that can start and help. Especially with major question marks surrounding KBs health and Zay Jones’ ability.

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t understand why we don’t ever try and bring in good WRs? This guy is a nobody. The only team with WRs as bad as us, is Carolina. This guy wasn’t even one of their better Recievers. There are good WRs still available. Certainly day 1 of FA there was a ton. Same thing can be said for the draft. I realize the thought was Zay would be a big time player and I appreciated KB. But we need more then this. Sheppard is just another one of the “nobodies” we have now. Bring in Dez, or Mclin or Decker. Call Denver and see what they would take for D Thomas. Get creative. How does this guy even really help? Go get a guy that can start and help. Especially with major question marks surrounding KBs health and Zay Jones’ ability.

I would consider Kelvin Benjamin to be a try at a "good" receiver