WR Russell Shepard released from Carolina; scheduled to meet with Bills

This dude has only caught 47 passes over 5 seasons. Was on a 3 year contract paying $10 Million & he requested to be released after being asked to take a pay cut. Given his production, what makes this guy think he's worth more than what he was being paid? With his stat line he'd be lucky now to be added as a depth player somewhere.

I know McBeane & Co. have a tendency to acquire Carolina has beens, but this is 1 guy I'd like them to stay away from. Only way I'd be okay with it is if they brought him in for the league minimum on a try out contract. Other than that this guy is a hard NO imo.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

This dude has only caught 47 passes over 5 seasons. Was on a 3 year contract paying $10 Million & he requested to be released after being asked to take a pay cut. Given his production, what makes this guy think he's worth more than what he was being paid? With his stat line he'd be lucky now to be added as a depth player somewhere.

I know McBeane & Co. have a tendency to acquire Carolina has beens, but this is 1 guy I'd like them to stay away from. Only way I'd be okay with it is if they brought him in for the league minimum on a try out contract. Other than that this guy is a hard NO imo.

GO BILLS!

Maybe he doesn't want to play there. Maybe he attributes his lack of production to the coaching staff not utilizing him. It's not always about the money.

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

GO BILLS!

There is probably more to the story ... Beane would likely know what happened and if it’s worth a look