Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Better to suffer through the offseason than to suffer through the season. We'll always have the 2016 NFL Offseason Championship, so that is nice.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I guess we all have to choose our priorities. 

 

Which would you prefer, Boring Bill*** at the mic and a perennial contender, or Rollicking Rex's mic magic leading a clown show?  If McDermott feels he needs to focus on football over presser entertainment, I'm all for giving it a try.

I miss my daily Bills updates. That’s all. 

I think Mc/Beane will be here a long time and will with a winning formula. I just want more team info than beat writers scrounging up meaningless stories to fill bylines..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are parts of the Rex show I miss too; I wanted him to come to the Bills but I am glad he is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

If he let Jim Schwartz run his defense the Bills would have made the playoffs his two seasons as coach and he would have been a hero in Buffalo.  His vision of having on bully on offense really worked.  The Bills had a top 10 offense in both points scored and yards those two years with Tyrod Taylor at QB.  The transition away from the 4-3 killed him.  

This is true . Plus the injuries we had were brutal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nanker said:

You've got to be joking. His truck was ass-backwards with The Bills logo. It's emblematic for what he did to the franchise.

 

5ZVg3yz.jpg

 

 

This is what it should have looked like:

74bb4103e0fee41a0e110d468b4bac5b.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

clown car.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

 

 

clown car.jpg

The next time you come home,try to find a bit of time to drive by Depew HS.....the massive Wildcat is going on the wrong direction...just like the charging buffalo is on the rexmobile. Taxpayers are still pissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

The next time you come home,try to find a bit of time to drive by Depew HS.....the massive Wildcat is going on the wrong direction...just like the charging buffalo is on the rexmobile. Taxpayers are still pissed.

 

I'll do that.  Actually making plans for the late summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

A trolling mod? We are entering uncharted territory.

This made me laugh out loud.

 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

don't miss him at all. 

 

 

giphy.gif

Doesn't he know that is a clapping moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrecks bought me a beer once at his favorite Mexican joint in West Seneca, and McProcess has yet to do that .... that remains the ONLY plus in the Rex column

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

 

 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par.

 

 

 

This is what the Jets said very loudly.  And still, the Bills hired him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not entertainment for McDermott. It's his job. His job is not to entertain you. His job is to win games.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not miss the clown show one bit.  I am perfectly happy with boring, quote free press conferences so long as there are tangible results in evidence on the field.  As for injuries, McD opens his PCs with injury updates as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

Rex brought something the team hadn’t seen before or since. An informed fandom.

 

I also liked his truck..

 

onward with ‘the Process’..

 

My suggestion to you:

 

Start drinking heavily.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

 

This is the correct answer. I will read no further after your post.

 

Hi there!  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

Rex brought something the team hadn’t seen before or since. An informed fandom.

 

I also liked his truck..

 

onward with ‘the Process’..

This is the newest worst thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the clown show he became with brother Rob, being a mic whore and coaching an underachieving team, he kept us informed DAILY of what was going on with the team. Every day from the Draft through the season, I could link up here or on B.B.com and get my daily fill of the Bills. I also appreciated that he opened every presser with injury updates. 

Of course he had to go. The schtick wore out quickly and the on field performance was sub par. But he kept us informed. For all the bragging McDermott loves to do about his pro experience, he still hasn’t realized Rule #1, it’s prime time entertainment. On the rare occasion he is in front of the mic, he’s says nothing of value, leaving fans ever-wondering WTH is going on with the team and current injury status. 

Rex brought something the team hadn’t seen before or since. An informed fandom.

 

I also liked his truck..

 

onward with ‘the Process’..

This is why posters should be forced to have one more reputation point then you have now before they start a topic. LOL. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I miss my daily Bills updates. That’s all. 

I think Mc/Beane will be here a long time and will with a winning formula. I just want more team info than beat writers scrounging up meaningless stories to fill bylines..

I do actually miss updates. We dont even know if we won the off season!

Edited by fansince88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hi BT! Long time no hear from! Loved me some Coach Knox too. Rex quickly grew thin on me, but I could count on seeing team updates every single day from him as well as injury status and I don’t appreciate the cloaking new staff keeping everything close to the vest. McDermott doesn’t even know player injury status from the game that just finished -or so he claims.

 

Must have been viewing him in one of those fun-house mirrors.  You know, the ones where fat guys look thin as pencils.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

This is what the Jets said very loudly.  And still, the Bills hired him.

 

The most nonsensical hire ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss his offensive prowess. Top third in the league in scoring two years in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss Rob Ryan's hair.  That was awesome sideline hair.

 

Couldn't coach for ****...but damn, that hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×