Eric Wood looking thin!

That’s what football does to you...

when you work out 6 days a week for professional football you get huge, especially for a lineman 

when you retire, and you stop working out like a pro football player you lose your football weight 

He has that type of body; has to work hard all the time to keep weight UP.  He's not a true "big body" in that sense.

Other guys have to work constantly to keep their weight in check and the moment they retire, the bloat up to 400 lbs.

You can usually tell which is which by the size of their ass.  Not joking.

Another NFL OL with a Wood body type was John Fina.

A guy who didn't have this problem was House Ballard.

PS:  ON a recent Monday segment with Schopp & Bulldog, prior to his retirement, Wood said he would like to be around 260 lb. (as I recall) after retirement.

He mentioned constantly eating and lifting during the season to keep his weight on.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

when you work out 6 days a week for professional football you get huge, especially for a lineman 

when you retire, and you stop working out like a pro football player you lose your football weight 

I'd imagine his caloric intake is slashed by half, too.  Amazing the diet regimen these dudes are on. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only if you are a certain body type.

Ask William "The Fridge" Perry about "losing" football weight post-retirement.

Dude is a huge land whale.   

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Only if you are a certain body type.

Ask William "The Fridge" Perry about "losing" football weight post-retirement.

Dude is a huge land whale.   

I see it a lot with offensive lineman.

my buddy played football at 6’3 315...

he retired and is probably 6’3 250 now... but yea it’s body type for sure

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

He has that type of body; has to work hard all the time to keep weight UP.  He's not a true "big body" in that sense.

Other guys have to work constantly to keep their weight in check and the moment they retire, the bloat up to 400 lbs.

PS:  ON a recent Monday segment with Schopp & Bulldog, prior to his retirement, Wood said he would like to be around 260 lb. (as I recall) after retirement.

He mentioned constantly eating and lifting during the season to keep his weight on.

When  was in Tucson from 2011-2015, Fina would come to the Bills Backers for game day once or twice a year. Great guy but looked nothing like an NFL lineman!

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

right on the money

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I see it a lot with offensive lineman.

my buddy played football at 6’3 315...

he retired and is probably 6’3 250 now... but yea it’s body type for sure

yep---300 LBs is a natural weight for very few people. You need an enormous frame to support that kind of weight and not be fat.