Vic: Russ & Whaley Not at McD's 1st Meeting With Pegs at McD's Request

Rico

I posted this in another thread, but this is a good Vic scoop:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/vic-caruccis-analysis-brandons-tenure-with-bills-tale-of-conflicting-results/

"The fact is, once Sean McDermott took over as coach last year and Beane became GM shortly thereafter, Brandon had very little to do with the football portion of the Bills' operation and was focused almost exclusively on business. A person close to the situation told The Buffalo News that McDermott wanted it that way, with Terry and Kim Pegula granting his wish that neither Brandon nor the GM at the time, Doug Whaley, be present during McDermott's initial meeting with the owners. "

Gotta love McD!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

its funny how many times i've heard that Russ is just recently no longer involved in football operations.

I'm guessing this time sticks though.

Same here.  Like I posted before in another thread.  Sal and Leo from the Rochester D and C were defending him as were Schopp and the Bulldog.  My guess is that he cultivated pretty good relationships with the media and they are being far easier on him than, say, a Doug Whaley

Well, adios!  That may very well be their source.  Glad to see him go.  I don't listen to wgr anymore, as it's pretty much a joke of a station.  Most of the personalities are flat, boring, and it's just so hard to listen.  I wish they flush most of them, and get some personalities more interesting, and knowledgeable.

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So does this mean Brandon was the leak the years of Whaley and Rex?

It would make sense, in order to keep the Bills relevant in the media. 

26 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So does this mean Brandon was the leak the years of Whaley and Rex?

Hard to ignore the fact that once the guy was kicked out of football related decisions that the leaks stopped.  Especially considering that his job was to create media buzz about the teams.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I posted this in another thread, but this is a good Vic scoop:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/vic-caruccis-analysis-brandons-tenure-with-bills-tale-of-conflicting-results/

"The fact is, once Sean McDermott took over as coach last year and Beane became GM shortly thereafter, Brandon had very little to do with the football portion of the Bills' operation and was focused almost exclusively on business. A person close to the situation told The Buffalo News that McDermott wanted it that way, with Terry and Kim Pegula granting his wish that neither Brandon nor the GM at the time, Doug Whaley, be present during McDermott's initial meeting with the owners. "

Gotta love McD!

..good call on his part......this guy means nothing but FOOTBALL business as does McBeane IMO......damn good hires...........

Would be crazy if Russ was the leak b/c a reporter had the dirt on his improprieties. 

A situation like that would support this statement: " but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered"

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I love having one identity as an organization.  Build your empire McDermott.  Be a legendary buffalo coach.

Don’t like it.  I’m fine with him on defense but our offense decision have been pretty brutal.  It’s kinda insane to give this much power to a first year head coach.  

But it it’s pretty much on the Allen pick.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t like it.  I’m fine with him on defense but our offense decision have been pretty brutal.  It’s kinda insane to give this much power to a first year head coach.  

But it it’s pretty much on the Allen pick.  

I say go all or nothing.  Don't middle it.  Give him enough rope to hang himself if it doesn't work out. 

I will say that I think Beane has plenty of power in this organization.