Before You Slam Russ Brandon, Know He Saved The Bills TWICE!

Check out the 20 minute broadcast below from the D and C:

Sal and Leo defend Russ Brandon.  I’ve never heard this before but Sal says that Russ saved the Bills twice from Ralph Wilson.  Now these are their words, not mine, but I know Sal and Leo are pretty credible reporters:

1.) Apparently Ralph had threatened relocation several times, including in 1998 after the luxury boxes were built.  If the boxes didn’t sell, he was threatening to move th Bills to San Antonio.  Sure enough, Russ sold the boxes to local businesses and Wilson made some nice $$$$ and was happy to keeping.

2.) Russ steered the sale of the Bills to the Pegula’s because he knew they’d keep them

in Buffalo.  

Also, Russ brought the Bills training camp to St. John Fisher - which was a much better location and better experience for fans than SUNY Fredonia so there’s that. 

On a side not to those who have my popular features “Hits and Misses.”  Sal confirmed that Russ admitted to him that while he served as GM for 2 season, he never actually drafted players.  That was Tom Modrak.  Still, I give Russ very high marks for he strong selections Modrak made while he was GM.

So while people want to dump on Russ, know it was Russ Brandon....not Ralph Wilson that kept the team in Buffalo!

Edited by BuffaloRush
  • Like (+1) 1

I think Russ is gonna take alot of flack and it's unfortunate because he did do alot for the bills. I don't know the situation and 8m not gonna sit here and judge a guy that I don't know whatsoever. If he did wrong, then he got what was coming to him, however I'm appreciative of him bringing the bills to Rochester for training camp and expanding the bills brand 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So I should blame Russ for my alcoholism.   If the team would have left I would be a healthier person.  Thanks Russ...

Probably a few lighter as well... it’s the case with most Bills fans

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I have no issues with Russ. He was a marketeer.

but him being released or resigning really has 0 effect on me

that's where i'm at with it.  i just don't care.  

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think slamming something else (probably at least twice) is what caused him employment difficulty...

We don’t know this for sure.  His press release said it was time for him to move on

Is this thread even serious?

It's a glorious day for Bills fans to NOT have Brandon around anymore. FACT.

Instant credibility has been restored to this franchise not having that clown here.

• Like (+1) 3