Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

Just now, Lurker said:

You must be very young...

Well, I remember back to the Chuck Knox years, so not that young. They have never been this bad for this long before.

Just now, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

He worked for one of the worst sports owners ever, and then worked for some of the most clueless sports owners ever, all the while getting the fan base to hand over buckets of money to see loser franchises.  Masterful...

Sure. It's always someone else's fault. Not the president of the organization though. He is blameless.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

She may not be the best person on paper - who knows how she’ll do with it and there are many potential intangible benefits to making this move.

Again, it makes sense why they did it. They took control back. I don’t think that more Pegula involvement is for the best. I like that they will open their wallets; I don’t love owners that are very involved. My perception is that the best owners in sports (Rooney’s, Holt, etc...) stay at arm’s length. You may disagree but that’s how I feel.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’ll bite.  What are your observations of men in the office based on your decades of “co-ed office experience”?

Yeah, I thought that was just going to work.  My boss is female, 75% of my co-workers are female so maybe I have a different perspective on what work is supposed to be like but if you act like that where I go to work it won't go well for you and it has nothing to do with left, right, or anything else. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, when I was with the Hornets George Shinn always wanted his son Chad to be next in line. My boss was tasked with teaching him the business. It was beyond tragic. We’d sit in “high level business meetings” devising a strategy and he would sleep. One day, we thought it would be kind of funny to all quietly  slip out of the office while he was napping. We went to lunch and came back an hour and a half later and he was still asleep in the chair in my bosses’ office!! He was a nice kid but failed out of a community college in Texas or something like that. He wasn’t equipped to run an NBA team!! He wasn’t equipped to be an assistant manager at Arby’s. He’s a nice guy but not too bright.

Jonathan Kraft is President of the Patriots and the Duke of Douche. His nickname around New England business folk is "Lucky Sperm."

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I hear the 1970's were pretty bad...

Did they last 17 years?

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I'm not saying he is blameless, but he did a hell of a job considering who he had to work for.

Your standards are very, very low.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It's not a hot take.  He's not talking about the traditional stuff that has made fans hate Brandon in the past.

He's referring to widespread oknowledge/allegations of Brandon's sexual misconduct or whatever it is that got him fired.

Too much under the desk action apparently...guess that is why he was always so happy...probably just got done busting a nut in some hot interns mouth before his press conference to relax lmao...

Edited by matter2003

3 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

He worked for one of the worst sports owners ever, and then worked for some of the most clueless sports owners ever, all the while getting the fan base to hand over buckets of money to see loser franchises.  Masterful...

Russ! It's really you! 

It all makes sense now.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You dont see the difference between the consenting scenario you are strawmanning versus the inappropriate grinding and lying to your boss about it the quoted poster described?

Office romance is still alive, and that's fine when it is two consenting, single adults. But even consenting affairs are bad news, and then to lie to the bosses on top of it...

I think his terminology was broad enough. If not his intent, there still seems to be enough animosity in this thread toward men for pursuing female coworkers in general, and not just toward whatever Brandon did. That seemed as good a post as any to respond to.

21 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The demise of the office romance is not a positive for women. It's a damn shame for both men and women.

Contrary to popular belief, most women like romance and sex, and that doesn't necessarily cease to be when they walk in the office.

I can't tell you the number of women I've known personally who happily, willingly, and eagerly have sexual relations with coworkers. I'm pretty sure they would not prefer the male coworkers they like to join the sexless, sterilized castrati you advocate for.

Aren't you the guy that asked another poster for a picture of his underaged daughter after he referenced her in a post?

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Well, I remember back to the Chuck Knox years, so not that young. They have never been this bad for this long before.

The late 1960s-early 1970s are calling you young man.  The Bills were today's Browns once upon a time...