Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

This.

For what Russ was in charge of, if the Pegulas simply field winning teams they'll sell themselves. Especially in Buffalo.

That's what Ralph always said as well...

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Who was crying?  And I don’t understand equating the melancholy over the lack of civil discourse EVERYWHERE in modern society with Aztec culture.  

Humans don't like each other unless they belong to the same tribe, it's nothing new.  There are a lot more tribes these days, and you can be a part of one sitting at a keyboard, it's simply too easy these days, hence the reason it's everywhere.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

35 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Her willingness to get involved coupled with her level of experience is the problem. Everyone better get aboard that Allen train because Beane and McD will soon be answering to the green owners on which way to wipe their own backsides if they show any signs of faultering.

Um, per like Everyone at TBD, Beane and McD already answer to the "green owners".

As did the previous coach and previous GM

57 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Us guys can have a lot of opinions about this stuff but I look at it this way.

Russ Brandon - 2018 - President of a company with female employees.  You just can't risk it in his position, and why does he even need to.

Terry Pegula - 1990's ( 25ish years earlier) - A different world.

Mad Men - 1960's (50ish years earlier) - Can't even be related to todays world.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that Brandon was fired for deceit.  And this isn’t a “me too” issue (not that I condone a superior having an intimate relationship with a subordinate.). The workplace affair compromises the boss, and it’s simply bad for business.  That, plus the deceit in lying to the owner ..... he would have been fired from any business I’ve been associated with. 

3 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Humans don't like each other unless they belong to the same tribe, it's nothing new.  There are a lot more tribes these days, and you can be a part of one sitting at a keyboard, it's simply too easy these days, hence the reason it's everywhere.

Huh? 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Some pretty solid hot takes from the “healthy male sexuality is being vilified” crowd when dudes aren’t allowed to rub up against their female coworkers anymore. 

I know you guys are just drooling to shake your out-of-touch fists at all those social justice warrior snowflakes, but uh, the guy resigned from his job due to the allegations.

He wasn’t fired. 

If if he were innocent of wrong doing, he was perfectly able to not resign and challenge his termination through legal remedy. 

But yah, damn uppity women folk just want to  go to work and do their jobs and not touch your penis. How I miss the good old days :(

The demise of the office romance is not a positive for women. It's a damn shame for both men and women.

Contrary to popular belief, most women like romance and sex, and that doesn't necessarily cease to be when they walk in the office.

I can't tell you the number of women I've known personally who happily, willingly, and eagerly have sexual relations with coworkers. I'm pretty sure they would not prefer the male coworkers they like to join the sexless, sterilized castrati you advocate for.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying that her 5 years of learning on the job don’t compare to Dave Wheat’s decade and a half as a C-level executive in sports. There are others that have even more experience than he does. 

Enough!  If she’s smart and a good listener and a good delegator, that’s about 95% of it and for millennia men have been getting jobs like this handed to them because of their dads or their friends and no one thought twice about it - and if you think you’re that much more qualified quit moaning about it on a message board and get working on your resume.

I say all of that with much love.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not going to comment too much on the subject but figured I’d say my piece. I like Russ. I’ve always liked Russ. He gave his heart and soul to that organization and OFTEN took misguided bullets without complaint. He didn’t mind being the fall guy as long as the franchise was in a good place. He was a good and loyal solider that was incredibly gifted as a sports executive. His reputation around sports is strong.

On a personal level, I like Russ. He was always good to me. He could chop it up with Fortune 500 CEO’s as well as the janitorial staff. Everyone liked Russ and he was a great leader.

With that being said this was always going to be his eventual downfall. There are many a story that I’m not going to disclose that were pretty serious. This isn’t the first time that he came under fire for something like this. I actually think that the first time was much worse. In this climate though you just can’t be doing that. This will likely get uglier before it gets prettier. I’d expect the Stormy Daniels approach to roll through at some point. Hopefully for everyone though they move on and nobody is hurt further.

-KJ

Thanks for the gouge, Kirby.

I was just kind of smiling about how "Dysfunction Junction" was gone and the Bills organization had turned a corner and could be full-time focused on building the best team.

JINX

Just now, Rob's House said:

The demise of the office romance is not a positive for women. It's a damn shame for both men and women.

Contrary to popular belief, most women like romance and sex, and that doesn't necessarily cease to be when they walk in the office.

I can't tell you the number of women I've known personally who happily, willingly, and eagerly have sexual relations with coworkers. I'm pretty sure they would not prefer the male coworkers they like to join the sexless, sterilized castrati you advocate for.

With all due respect, working at Leonardi’s Pizza is a bit different than working for a billion dollar sports and entertainment franchise.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Wife (Amy) and three kids. This can’t be fun for any of them. I feel for them.  For Russ, not so much.  Kudos to the Pegula for showing him the door.

Very well said. I feel horribly for his family.  And I’m proud that a team in which I’m a stakeholder won’t tolerate this kind of garbage.  Well done by the Pegulas. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

You dont see the difference between the consenting scenario you are strawmanning versus the inappropriate grinding and lying to your boss about it the quoted poster described?

Office romance is still alive, and that's fine when it is two consenting, single adults. But even consenting affairs are bad news, and then to lie to the bosses on top of it...

• Like (+1) 1