BUFFALO

225: R7P9

S MARVELL TELL III

USC

228: R7P12

OT DENNIS DALEY

SOUTH CAROLINA

• Like (+1) 2

Sometimes all the pieces fall into place. This assumes we get help on the OL in FA, which is a distinct possibility.

9: R1P9 - EDGE RASHAN GARY, MICHIGAN
41: R2P9 - WR MARQUISE BROWN, OKLAHOMA
72: R3P8 - TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM, MISSOURI
111: R4P9 - RB DEVIN SINGLETARY, FLORIDA ATLANTIC
133: R4P31 - C/G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER, ALABAMA
148: R5P9 - WR JUWAN JOHNSON, PENN STATE
163: R5P24 - CB KEN WEBSTER, MISSISSIPPI
184: R6P9 - S DELVON RANDALL, TEMPLE
225: R7P9 - RB JALIN MOORE, APPALACHIAN STATE
228: R7P12 - DL RAEQUAN WILLIAMS, MICHIGAN STATE

• Like (+1) 1

I sure hope April shakes out this way:

9: R1P9  OT JONAH WILLIAMS  ALABAMA
41: R2P9  CB JULIAN LOVE  NOTRE DAME
72: R3P8  WR J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE  STANFORD
111: R4P9   G BEN POWERS  OKLAHOMA
133: R4P31  C ERIK MCCOY   TEXAS A&M
148: R5P9  EDGE CHARLES WRIGHT    VANDERBILT
163: R5P24  DL DEMARCUS CHRISTMAS   FSU
184: R6P9   TE FOSTER MOREAU   LSU
225: R7P9  LB KENDALL JOSEPH    CLEMSON
228: R7P12  RB JAQUES PATRICK   FSU

9 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sometimes all the pieces fall into place. This assumes we get help on the OL in FA, which is a distinct possibility.

9: R1P9 - EDGE RASHAN GARY, MICHIGAN
41: R2P9 - WR MARQUISE BROWN, OKLAHOMA
72: R3P8 - TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM, MISSOURI
111: R4P9 - RB DEVIN SINGLETARY, FLORIDA ATLANTIC
133: R4P31 - C/G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER, ALABAMA
148: R5P9 - WR JUWAN JOHNSON, PENN STATE
163: R5P24 - CB KEN WEBSTER, MISSISSIPPI
184: R6P9 - S DELVON RANDALL, TEMPLE
225: R7P9 - RB JALIN MOORE, APPALACHIAN STATE
228: R7P12 - DL RAEQUAN WILLIAMS, MICHIGAN STATE

Have you done an evaluation of Michigan's DE Chase Winovich? Every time I have seen him play he stood out as a full throttle and an unrelenting player. Or another way of describing it is a McDermott type of player. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Have you done an evaluation of Michigan's DE Chase Winovich? Every time I have seen him play he stood out as a full throttle and an unrelenting player. Or another way of describing it is a McDermott type of player. 

"Competitive Toughness – Plays with a tireless effort. Is consistently flying to the football, regardless of his location on the field. Tenacity carries over to stacking blocks at the LOS, although limited lower body power does hinder ability to play with dominant presence as a block shedder."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/16/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-chase-winovich/

What pick range do you think he may go John?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I definitely see Winovich as a "Process" player.

As a Michigan fan I definitely have more bias towards these players. Oddly enough the one player that gives me pause is Rashan Gary.

Gary is a good player, but I don't know if he can dominate. He has his moments. Is he a DE or a DT? I don't know

I'm more interested in DE/OLB Chase Winovich, LB Devin Bush & LB/S Khaleke Hudson.

The one player I would probably love the most would be TE Zach Gentry. 6'8" 260, good receiver and blocker. I could easily see McBeane showing interest in this guy. He's not the top Tight End in the class, but he has great upside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

As a Michigan fan I definitely have more bias towards these players. Oddly enough the one player that gives me pause is Rashan Gary.

Gary is a good player, but I don't know if he can dominate. He has his moments. Is he a DE or a DT? I don't know

I'm more interested in DE/OLB Chase Winovich, LB Devin Bush & LB/S Khaleke Hudson.

The one player I would probably love the most would be TE Zach Gentry. 6'8" 260, good receiver and blocker. I could easily see McBeane showing interest in this guy. He's not the top Tight End in the class, but he has great upside.

When you mentioned the tall Michigan TE prospect I thought of the former Michigan TE, Jack Butt,  who had so much potential. It was sadly curtailed by multiple knee injuries. I thought he would be an upper echelon pro but his accumulated injuries have made him a shadow of what he could have been.

2 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

"Competitive Toughness – Plays with a tireless effort. Is consistently flying to the football, regardless of his location on the field. Tenacity carries over to stacking blocks at the LOS, although limited lower body power does hinder ability to play with dominant presence as a block shedder."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/16/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-chase-winovich/

What pick range do you think he may go John?

I would use a second round pick on him. (Although if we traded down to the bottom of the first round and acquired additional picks I would have no qualms taking him with a low first round pick.) The player he reminds me of is Clay Mathews. The appeal for me with respect to the Michigan player is the relentlessness of his play. The mistake scouts make sometimes is that they get caught up with the measurables instead of giving more weight to how one plays the game. Being more athletic doesn't necessarily mean that you are a better football player. Regardless of position having the instinct and football intelligence is invaluable. Mat Milano posses that important trait. And that is one of the primary reasons why he played at an all-pro level. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

This is actually one of the reasons I think McD is interested. He has the size and skillset to play anywhere on the line and McD loves that kind of versatility.

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

He's my 26th overall player at the moment and the 7th ranked Edge player. If he fell to our pick in the 2nd it'd be good value, imo, but he's not a guy I'm considering in the top 10-12

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This is actually one of the reasons I think McD is interested. He has the size and skillset to play anywhere on the line and McD loves that kind of versatility.

He's my 26th overall player at the moment and the 7th ranked Edge player. If he fell to our pick in the 2nd it'd be good value, imo, but he's not a guy I'm considering in the top 10-12

I totally agree with you that he shouldn't be taken in the first half of the draft. As I stated in the prior post if the Bills traded down to the lower part of the first round and got an extra pick/s (such as another second round pick) it would be a good deal for us. Without a doubt this is a McDermott "process" type guy. He would certainly fit the profile of the player/person that McDermott wants on his roster. 

http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Teams-Project-Jonah-Williams-in-Mid--to-Late-Round-1

Prior to and during the 2018 college football season, some in the media have projected Alabama left tackle Jonah Williams to be a high first-round pick. Williams has been a mainstay on the Crimson Tide offensive line over the past few years and a steady blocker in both phases to help them produce the best offense they've had during the Nick Saban era. In speaking to sources at five different NFL teams, four of them give graded Williams as a late first-round pick, and some of those noted discussion about Williams switching positions in the NFL. 

All of the team sources expected Williams to be a first-round pick, with four of the five giving him that grade. The remaining team had graded him for Day 2. Even though most graded him as a late first-rounder, they thought he could go higher because this is a weak offensive line draft class and there are plenty of teams that need help up front. One national scout estimated Williams' range being from No. 15-30, and others were in agreement with that. 

The area of disagreement about Williams came in his NFL position. Two teams felt Williams should move inside to guard. One said he should move to right tackle, and one said he could stay at left tackle. Interestingly, one director of college scouting said they thought Williams should play center in the NFL. That director said that the Alabama coaches have told some pro evaluators that they wanted to play Williams at center because they thought that could be his most effective position, but they had to play him at left tackle to field their best starting offensive line. 

Williams is not expected to be a workout warrior leading up to the 2019 NFL Draft. A few evaluators felt that Williams is not a great athlete and not powerful, so the pre-draft workouts won't completely illustrate his strengths. Sources from across the teams compliment his intelligence and technique. Those are some of the attributes that they feel will help him in a position change for playing guard, right tackle, or center. 

In the 2019 NFL Draft, Williams is expected to be selected on the opening night, but the position announced with that selection will be a source of intrigue around the league.

At the No. 10 pick, where the Bills are currently slated to select at the 2019 NFL Draft had it started today, Buffalo starts elsewhere. The Bills select wide receiver DK Metcalf from Ole Miss.

In the second round at pick No. 42, the Bills then start their back-to-back run on offensive line by taking tackle Kaleb McGray from Washington. The 6-foot-6 lineman reads as a player who needs to work on his technique at the next level, but despite struggles there, his athleticism allows him to make up for mistakes.

Finally in the third round at pick No. 74, the Bills nab interior lineman Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Really cannot go wrong taking a OL prospect in the 1st round especially because we are gonna have our pick of the litter

I don’t disagree.  I just want to point out that some fans think o linemen is a “safe” pick but they bust a lot more than people think.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

At the No. 10 pick, where the Bills are currently slated to select at the 2019 NFL Draft had it started today, Buffalo starts elsewhere. The Bills select wide receiver DK Metcalf from Ole Miss.

In the second round at pick No. 42, the Bills then start their back-to-back run on offensive line by taking tackle Kaleb McGray from Washington. The 6-foot-6 lineman reads as a player who needs to work on his technique at the next level, but despite struggles there, his athleticism allows him to make up for mistakes.

Finally in the third round at pick No. 74, the Bills nab interior lineman Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin.

I would be happy with these selections

• Like (+1) 1

Watch out for WR, Kelvin Harmon out of NC State.  This guy has #1 WR potential and would fit our offense well. 

A little excerpt from my scouting report (the full ones will be made available here closer to draft time)

The talent in Kelvin Harmon is undeniable and the hype around him should start to accelerate as we get closer to the draft.  There’s a clear deficiency in the atheticism in Harmon’s game as he lacks the top end speed and quickness of true number one receivers.  However, outside of that Harmon is the dominant, physical athlete that you look for in your number one. His strong hands and grittiness make him a reliable target on every single play.  Harmon shows a great ability to track and adjust to the ball which gives him nearly an unlimited catch radius. While some footwork is lacking, Harmon has one of the more complete route trees for a receiver at the college level.  Overall, Harmon has a well developed game and should have a strong transition to the NFL level. Harmon is a late first round pick in terms of talent, but a sub 4.45 40 time could boost him into the top 10.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:13 PM, Logic said:

I am familiar with Hollywood Brown and N'Keal Harry...but I am not so familiar with the apparent top WR in the draft, DK Metcalf.

Can anyone who IS familiar with him fill me in on some details? What is body type, speed, playing style, etc? Player comparisons?

Given that the Bills have fallen to the 10th pick, I fear the top two OTs will be off the board and, as such, am warming to the idea of using a top pick on a WR. 

He reminds me of Randy Moss a bit, long strider.

• Like (+1) 1

7. Buffalo Bills

D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

The Bills need to get their franchise QB some new toys ASAP. Allen’s stat line has struggled more than his play this season, getting more accomplished pass catchers and bumping Zay Jones and 2018 UDFA Robert Foster (who has played well!) down the pecking order is in everyone’s best interests.

Metcalf entered the 2019 Draft despite a neck injury, so at this point we have to assume he’s full steam ahead and no WR has the physical talent of Metcalf.

38. Buffalo Bills: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

7. Buffalo Bills

The Bills need to get their franchise QB some new toys ASAP. Allen’s stat line has struggled more than his play this season, getting more accomplished pass catchers and bumping Zay Jones and 2018 UDFA Robert Foster (who has played well!) down the pecking order is in everyone’s best interests.

Metcalf entered the 2019 Draft despite a neck injury, so at this point we have to assume he’s full steam ahead and no WR has the physical talent of Metcalf.

Back to back WRs?  OK.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

7. Buffalo Bills

I’d rather go with Ed Oliver and Deebo but this is pretty much as good as it gets IMO. Probably my #1 and #2 WR prospects in the draft. 

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Jaguars, Patriots Find Next Franchise Quarterback, Bills Get Josh Allen a Deep Threat

7. Buffalo Bills

D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss. There are questions about Metcalf's consistency -- he comes from an Ole Miss offense that doesn't ask him to do much, and he's also coming off a neck injury that cut short his junior season. But Metcalf is also the best wideout in this draft who wins at the of scrimmage, makes contested catches look easy, and can beat defensive backs deep. This is exactly what Josh Allen and the Bills need in a post-Kelvin Benjamin world.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2019 NFL Draft Order: Cardinals No. 1; Broncos Close in on Top 10

This is a look at the first-round order for the 2019 NFL Draft through Week 16. The order is determined by record, using strength of schedule as a tiebreaker. Keep in mind -- teams 21-32 would make the playoffs if the season ended today (the Rams, Saints, Chiefs, Chargers, Bears, Patriots, Texans, Cowboys and Seahawks have already clinched playoff spots). The draft order for playoff teams is determined by the results of postseason play.

It's almost time. We're six days away from locking in the first 20 picks of the 2019 draft -- well, until one of those picks is traded -- and the Cardinals find themselves in the driver's seat to kick off the festivities on April 25 in Nashville.

With the Raiders' beatdown of the Broncos on Monday night, Arizona is alone at the bottom of the standings (and top of the draft board) entering the final Sunday of the regular season, so the Cards are a loss at Seattle away from clinching the top pick.

Here's the first-round order heading into Week 17, along with the top three needs for each team.

28u0e0y.jpg

I took a look at the pro bowl teams from this year and last year to see what rounds various positions were frequently drafted. I did it partly because I always want to argue against drafting a RB early as it seems like I frequently see guys come out of nowhere and perform well. So before I came on here to shoot my mouth off I thought I'd try and look at some actual results. I looked at probowl starters and alternates counting each player only once if they made it both years. I only looked at offense positions besides QB. Here's some raw numbers of the draft round by position.

WR: 1,1,1,1, 2,2,2,3,5,6,UDFA,UDFA

RB: 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,UDFA

TE: 2,2,3,3

C : 1,1,1,1,2,2

G :1,1,1,1,2,3,3,3,3

T: 1,1,1,1,1,3,UDFA, UDFA

Here's few things that popped out at me

1) I was wrong about running backs. With the exception of the lone UDFA, the kid from Denver, probowl RBs are taken early.

2) Apparently WR and T are positions that yield probowlers after the 3rd round, Maybe these positions have a longer learning curve at the pro level allowing guys to put together their physical traits with the necessary skills after the draft. In other words, guys can actually grow into these two positions.

3) If you want a great Center, get him early. I think this is relevant because it means we should push hard to get a C in free agency over, say, a Guard, leaving more flexibility in the draft.

So, obviously there's lots of first round picks in the mix and this is a very limited sample set. I just threw it together because I wanted to cite facts about the RB position, and in trying to find stuff to support my opinion, I found enough to change my mind. If you don't like my methods, please go collect your own data and do your own analysis. I'd be interested to see it, but I sure don't want to argue about my methods. I'm not saying any of this is conclusive, just food for thought about how we value certain positions.

• Like (+1) 1

12-26: ESPN's Todd McShay Talks 2019 NFL Draft Prospects with Howard on WGR (11:57)

Topics of discussion included the 1st round being loaded with defensive prospects.  Howard asked about positions of interest to the Bills including DL, OT, and WR.  At the end of the segment they discussed Josh Allen's rookie season to date and what McShay thinks of him. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7: R1P7

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
39: R2P7

WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA
70: R3P6

C DALTON KISNER
KANSAS ST.
109: R4P7

OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
133: R4P31

G DARRYL WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI ST.
146: R5P7

TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA
158: R5P19

CB TREVON DIGGS
ALABAMA
182: R6P7

LB TROY DYE
OREGON
223: R7P7

WR EMMANUEL HALL
MISSOURI
226: R7P10

QB BRIAN LEWERKE
MICHIGAN ST.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:
7: R1P7

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
39: R2P7

WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA
70: R3P6

DALTON KISNER
KANSAS ST.
109: R4P7

OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
133: R4P31

DARRYL WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI ST.
146: R5P7

TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA
158: R5P19

CB TREVON DIGGS
ALABAMA
182: R6P7

LB TROY DYE
OREGON
223: R7P7

WR EMMANUEL HALL
MISSOURI
226: R7P10

QB BRIAN LEWERKE
MICHIGAN ST.

Wow, that's some serious value toward the end if it shakes out like that.

Here's one that surprised me today:

7: R1P7  DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS ALABAMA
39: R2P7  C DALTON RISNER KANSAS STATE
70: R3P6  WR LIL'JORDAN HUMPHRY TEXAS
109: R4P7  OT WYATT MILLER  UCF
133: R4P31  G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER   ALABAMA
146: R5P7   CB DAMON ARNETTE  OHIO STATE
158: R5P19  EDGE SUTTON SMITH  NORTHERN ILLINOIS
182: R6P7   TE ISAAC NAUTA  GEORGIA
223: R7P7   RB DEXTER WILLIAMS   NOTRE DAME
226: R7P10  LB CAMERON SMITH  USC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.