2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

The Mike Williams thing does stick in my mind, as he was a mistake. The other early 1st round OT McKinnie that the Vikings took the same year struggled for years to meet expectations. I have always felt that it is a pretty risky position to reach for early.

Mike Williams was excellent in college. The man was huge and overpowered his opponents.  He also had sloppy work ethics, a weight problem, and a chronic ankle injury. Now, an ankle injury is huge for any football player. For a 360 pound man it is devastating. Oh.....and he played Right Tackle. Drafting him at #4 was just plain stupid.

As for McKinnie, you make him sound average and he was FAR  from it. Was he as good as Orlando Pace? No. He was however a rock solid Left Tackle for the Vikes for many years and as I recall, he even played for another team when he got old and was still functional. The man was said to not have the best work ethic and some off field issues but he could flat out play. There is no doubt about this.

A majority of the best left tackles were first round draft choices, many of them early. The Bills passed on them and other fine blockers time and again to draft running backs and secondary, and that is a huge reason for the 2 decades of losing.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

BillsWire Podcast Ep. 48: Prospect Talk with Chris Trapasso

Host Jeremy Juhasz is joined by Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports and contributor to the Buffalo News to take a look at the early candidates for the Buffalo Bills to consider in the upcoming NFL draft. Also more on what young players on the roster should Bills fans key on these remaining six contests of 2018.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BillsWire Podcast Ep. 48: Prospect Talk with Chris Trapasso

Host Jeremy Juhasz is joined by Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports and contributor to the Buffalo News to take a look at the early candidates for the Buffalo Bills to consider in the upcoming NFL draft. Also more on what young players on the roster should Bills fans key on these remaining six contests of 2018.

I think Florio pretty much summed up my thoughts. I understand that fighting with the coach is a bad look, but it seems like this rule is only in place so that the coach has an excuse to bully players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I think Florio pretty much summed up my thoughts. I understand that fighting with the coach is a bad look, but it seems like this rule is only in place so that the coach has an excuse to bully players.

This situation looks WAY worse for Applewhite IMO. It’s a really, really stupid rule. He went all the way to taking the coat off the guy in the ultimate power struggle!! He looked like an umpire or referee that tries to flex his power. He was Joey Crawford. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking into the offensive tackle class for the 2019 NFL Draft, there’s one that really stands out. That player is Jonah Williams from Alabama. It’s clear that he’s the top offensive tackle and rightfully so; he’s a technician — the technician. During the beginning weeks of college football, I noticed that Greg Little was getting some buzz as one of the best offensive tackles in this class. There’s no denying that the Ole Miss product is talented, but he’s not as consistent as Jonah Williams.

Coming out of Folsom High School in Folsom, California, Jonah Williams was a five-star recruit. According to 24/7 Sports, he had 26 offers. Listed as the 17th-ranked recruit in the country, Williams had a plethora of options and ultimately chose Alabama. Since his early arrival to Tuscaloosa, Williams has gotten his fair share of hype.

From Freshman All-American to first team All-SEC, Williams has lived up to it. When he arrived, he earned a starting role at right tackle and held that position down for two years. This season, he made the transition to left tackle. Sometimes it’s tough for an offensive lineman to make that transition. For others, it looks effortless. Let’s take a look at some film on Jonah Williams and see how The Technician operates:

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Looking into the offensive tackle class for the 2019 NFL Draft, there’s one that really stands out. That player is Jonah Williams from Alabama. It’s clear that he’s the top offensive tackle and rightfully so; he’s a technician — the technician. During the beginning weeks of college football, I noticed that Greg Little was getting some buzz as one of the best offensive tackles in this class. There’s no denying that the Ole Miss product is talented, but he’s not as consistent as Jonah Williams.

Coming out of Folsom High School in Folsom, California, Jonah Williams was a five-star recruit. According to 24/7 Sports, he had 26 offers. Listed as the 17th-ranked recruit in the country, Williams had a plethora of options and ultimately chose Alabama. Since his early arrival to Tuscaloosa, Williams has gotten his fair share of hype.

From Freshman All-American to first team All-SEC, Williams has lived up to it. When he arrived, he earned a starting role at right tackle and held that position down for two years. This season, he made the transition to left tackle. Sometimes it’s tough for an offensive lineman to make that transition. For others, it looks effortless. Let’s take a look at some film on Jonah Williams and see how The Technician operates:

Really hoping for Williams in the first 

but hope Zach Allen in the second . Reminds me of a 90% JJ Watt which is still pretty good. He definitely fits what McD is looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

6. Buffalo Bills: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

With the top wide receiver off the board, the Bills go in another direction to help Josh Allen. Alabama OT Jonah Williams is viewed as the draft's top offensive tackle. Williams and Dion Dawkins give the Bills a young tackle combination to grow with their franchise quarterback. 

6. Buffalo Bills | Jonah Williams | OT | Alabama

Jonah Williams would be an immediate player on the offensive line as a long-term fixture protecting Josh Allen’s blindside. Williams is athletic and has very quick feet making him a very good pass blocker. He is powerful in the run game and should help open up holes for whoever the franchise back that Buffalo decides to roll with.

38. Buffalo Bills | Kris Boyd | CB | Texas.

70. Buffalo Bills | Anthony Johnson | WR | Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.