2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

The Buffalo Bills will have Josh Allen in their back pocket for the foreseeable future.
Whether or not that’s a good thing will be discovered in due time.

According to The Draft Wire, the Bills (2-7) could use their 2019 first-round pick to find out what they’ve got in Allen as their latest mock draft has Buffalo selecting offensive lineman Jonah Williams. 

I think the other problem with continuing to draft 1st round corners is you actually eventually HAVE to PAY THEM

We would be better off having our number 1 guy in Tre and finding the diamond in the rough/veteran guy that wont retire at halftime guy to manage cap issues

Then there is the issue of being so bad in better areas......

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Really liking the play of this Zack Allen kid on BC.  Not sure how high he’s projected to go, but seems like the type who gets drafted late in the 1st round but ends up out-playing the higher ranked guys in the NFL.  

Allen is a stud, supposed to be a late first rounder. Would be a good replacement for Murphy. We have other needs and just don't see us getting him with our predicted draft position, maybe if slides to the second.

His team mate Ray Smith is a Bulldog, he should go late round and will help whenever Kyle retires.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

So what happened in 2002 should guide what the GM does in 2019? 

The Mike Williams thing does stick in my mind, as he was a mistake. The other early 1st round OT McKinnie that the Vikings took the same year struggled for years to meet expectations. I have always felt that it is a pretty risky position to reach for early. Also I think there has been plenty of linemen that Buffalo has taken later in the draft that have developed into good if not very good o-linemen, it is keeping them that has been more the issue. I still have not forgiven Peters (a bizarre project - an undrafted oversized college TE that the Bills and their o-line coach Mouse turned into an all-pro LT)  for holding out and letting the team down the last few years of the contract he signed in good faith forcing them to deal him to the Eagles in free agency.

All that aside, I would not mind spending a mid-to-later 1st round on the RT from Wisconsin - I think he would provide an immediate upgrade in run blocking and pass protection as that side of the line has been brutal to watch up to the past game with the Jests and linemen out of Wisconsin have not been too shabby.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

The Mike Williams thing does stick in my mind, as he was a mistake. The other early 1st round OT McKinnie that the Vikings took the same year struggled for years to meet expectations. I have always felt that it is a pretty risky position to reach for early. Also I think there has been plenty of linemen that Buffalo has taken later in the draft that have developed into good if not very good o-linemen, it is keeping them that has been more the issue. I still have not forgiven Peters (a bizarre project - an undrafted oversized college TE that the Bills and their o-line coach Mouse turned into an all-pro LT)  for holding out and letting the team down the last few years of the contract he signed in good faith forcing them to deal him to the Eagles in free agency.

All that aside, I would not mind spending a mid-to-later 1st round on the RT from Wisconsin - I think he would provide an immediate upgrade in run blocking and pass protection as that side of the line has been brutal to watch up to the past game with the Jests and linemen out of Wisconsin have not been too shabby.

The interior of the OL is more of a need IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The interior of the OL is more of a need IMO. 

won't argue with you there - I am tired of watching our center(s) get pushed into our QB's lap, and I would take another RG too.

I like your idea of grabbing a TE prospect as a good TE is a developing QB's best friend.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.