Chris Simms: "Cardinals were heart broken when Josh Allen went before they could trade up"

I know, we are all supposed to be mad or something....

And 

I know...what sources does Chris Simms have..

But for those willing to be open minded, I encourage you to watch the first couple minutes of this video when they recap round 1.

And if you really want to feel good, go back and watch round 1 when they gush over both Bills picks and say the Bills killed the draft.

And some scrubs named Mayock, Kiper, McShay and Matt Miller (in the video above) all ranked Josh Allen as a top 10 player and a top 2 QB.

But what do they know, right?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

So it is true that the Cards were the other team that made the Bucs the offer for 7.

Schefter reported that last night I believe.  They were in a bidding war for Allen which explains why the Bills had to give up both 2nd's.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would feel better if he stepped up in the massive pocket he had and threw that with both feet on the ground. B-)

He hit the receiver in stride, 65 yards down field, without good mechanics and while falling backward.  Geez Louise.  And you're worried about style points? 

I'm not sure he's going to be a good draft pick but it will be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This might make them feel better.

OldGenuineDonkey-max-1mb.gif

They will go right back to feeling heart broken when they see the play in this game where Allen on a scramble, throws a strike 42-yard strike downfield just before losing real estate and heading out of bounds.

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He hit the receiver in stride, 65 yards down field, without good mechanics and while falling backward.  Geez Louise.  And you're worried about style points? 

I'm not sure he's going to be a good draft pick but it will be fun to watch.

A guy who can't do it right is going to fail in the NFL. 

So many guys with plus arm strength have made those types of throws in college, but if they don't have any pocket awareness in the NFL, then they won't last.

This is one of those many things that Josh Allen can improve on at the next level. We all hope he does.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Cardinals were probably the team that released those tweets the night before and expected to be the ones to get Allen after the freefall. :flirt:

They're stuck with the jackass, instead :thumbsup:

I agree they had the reporter leak the tweets

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Schefter reported that last night I believe.  They were in a bidding war for Allen which explains why the Bills had to give up both 2nd's.

That would explain the top dollar we paid for the trade.  Which is fine.  The most important part of "the process" is to determine who they guy is.  IF you can do that, then you can over pay.  The two seconds weren't a crazy over pay, but, more than market value to move up 5 spots.