Irresponsible to trade away so many picks?

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

We have a ton of holes on this team and were going into Day 2 with only 1 late pick? 

It's really mind boggling. I think it would've made much more sense to trade DOWN at 22 and pick up more draft picks.

Does this regime even now what the hell they're doing? 

we have 3 picks in first three rounds now two of them LOWER first rounders than we had before?    Oh wait you probably wanted u to bet the damn farm

21 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I dont understand how you are thinking. You would rather not have a top LB so you can have another pick in the 3rd round? How does that make any sense?

Some people just don't get it.

Beane has said you draft your potential hall of famers in the first round and hopefully get lucky in the later rounds with a hidden gem.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it's okay. you have become hypnotized by all the 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons of mediocrity. expect more.

So ... for some reason, a team capable of putting together season's like that ... 

a team that goes to the playoffs, then drops 3/5ths of the offensive line (oh yeah, and doesn't replace a player), that trades away the starting QB, that has a defense being held together by a string, that trades away most of it's draft picks to acquire the biggest project at QB that I can ever recall, and does so without truly a QB coach and an OC that has never in his entire career ever developed anyone into a star, and overall an organization that has been in last place for most of the last 17 years  ...

from these guys, we should expect more? I would say just the opposite. They might have peaked early.

Please. Based on what we have in the category of coaches/developers of talent, if they weren't so damned shot-in-the-ass with their own abilities they might have realized that the best QB would have been the one they wouldn't have to work with too much. But then Terry and Kim wouldn't have a guy to represent the city the "right way." 

I'm praying for the best outcome - really, I am and I love a kid that gets drafted and says he's leaving Wyoming and California and never wants to leave Buffalo. But it isn't what I'm expecting. Call me desensitized by being last place for most of this millennium. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish my drink.

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

So ... for some reason, a team capable of putting together season's like that ... 

a team that goes to the playoffs, then drops 3/5ths of the offensive line (oh yeah, and doesn't replace a player), that trades away the starting QB, that has a defense being held together by a string, that trades away most of it's draft picks to acquire the biggest project at QB that I can ever recall, and does so without truly a QB coach and an OC that has never in his entire career ever developed anyone into a star, and overall an organization that has been in last place for most of the last 17 years  ...

from these guys, we should expect more? I would say just the opposite. They might have peaked early.

Please. Based on what we have in the category of coaches/developers of talent, if they weren't so damned shot-in-the-ass with their own abilities they might have realized that the best QB would have been the one they wouldn't have to work with too much. But then Terry and Kim wouldn't have a guy to represent the city the "right way." 

I'm praying for the best outcome - really, I am and I love a kid that gets drafted and says he's leaving Wyoming and California and never wants to leave Buffalo. But it isn't what I'm expecting. Call me desensitized by being last place for most of this millennium. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish my drink.

seriously? the draft is not even complete and your chicken littleing all over the place? 

it'll be okay, i promise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's be real Allen probably would've been there at 12. (especially after the tweets as no team wants to deal with that).

And if Miami and Arizona took both QB and we were blocked out - you would be complaining about how this was the Big Ben all over again.

The Bills got a top 4 QB and a guy that many pundits put at #1 throughout the process.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

seriously? the draft is not even complete and your chicken littleing all over the place? 

it'll be okay, i promise.

Thanks bro. Happy to drink with you.

But honestly, somebody telling us to expect more? Was any part of what I wrote wrong, in any way? I give props to a GM bold enough to pay a 25% premium to take a QB that pretty much was widely thought to be a developmental problem. It takes huge balls to be so committed to an idea like that. 

Now if I could only recall another GM that was the smartest guy in the room ... hey, I'm just foolin. Just trying to put some historical perspective on things.

We have a ton of holes on this team and were going into Day 2 with only 1 late pick? 

It's really mind boggling. I think it would've made much more sense to trade DOWN at 22 and pick up more draft picks.

They traded away a few picks,  a WR that couldn't stay on the field and who they weren’t going to sign anyway, a DT who quit when he got paid, an injury prone LT and Tyrod Taylor. In return they may finally have gotten a potential franchise QB, a potential franchise LB, what looks to be an elite CB and a TON of cap space. But nah, they have no clue what they're doing. Another poster referenced this too and I couldn't agree more with what hey have accomplished to this point

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

May we please have that again in English?

I guess we paid high pick 5 money for pick 7.  We gave Tampa (according to reports) what we offered to Denver at 5.

We way overpaid relative to the Johnson value chart, for what that's worth.

And Beane said today on WGR that TB and Denver both wanted both 1st round picks and Denver wanted more.

So he gave up 2 late 2nds rather than both 1sts and maybe a 3rd.

Not sure what is worse, but they held the 2nd 1st so we could get the LB - which was good because both top LB do not make it to our picks without the trade up.

12 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Thanks bro. Happy to drink with you.

But honestly, somebody telling us to expect more? Was any part of what I wrote wrong, in any way? I give props to a GM bold enough to pay a 25% premium to take a QB that pretty much was widely thought to be a developmental problem. It takes huge balls to be so committed to an idea like that. 

Now if I could only recall another GM that was the smartest guy in the room ... hey, I'm just foolin. Just trying to put some historical perspective on things.

you can not do a damned thing about what McBeane did. well, let me take that back. you can either piss and moan or you can have optimisim with regard to a draftee that has been said to have the highest ceiling of all the QB's in the draft. truth be told, you don't know how he will turn out, i don't know how he will turn out, Epsteins Mother doesn't know how he will turn out.  all we can do is wait and see really. i prefer to put my trust into a first time head coach and GM who took this ragtag team to the playoffs in their first year at the helm. pissing and moaning and hell, cursing the moon is no way to go through life.

choice is yours, i suggest you wait and see what the kid has at this level with some coaching but, you do as you wish.

cheers.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

you can not do a damned thing about what McBeane did. well, let me take that back. you can either piss and moan or you can have optimisim with regard to a draftee that has been said to have the highest ceiling of all the QB's in the draft. truth be told, you don't know how he will turn out, i don't know how he will turn out, Epsteins Mother doesn't know how he will turn out.  all we can do is wait and see really. i prefer to put my trust into a first time head coach and GM who took this ragtag team to the playoffs in their first year at the helm. pissing and moaning and hell, cursing the moon is no way to go through life.

choice is yours, i suggest you wait and see what the kid has at this level with some coaching but, you do as you wish.

cheers.

True. Neither of us can do a thing other than choose to watch or choose not to watch. They have asked us to trust the process, and so I have and do.

But that doesn't mean I am blind. 2 2s was in fact a 25% premium to the value they received. It's not pissing and moaning to acknowledge that the GM went into this off season without a true QB coach, when he knew drafting a QB might be on his horizon. Or to notice that Brian Daboll does not exactly have a list of All Pros he developed in his time in the Pros. Or to put those points together with drafting the most developmental QB - vis-a-vis his drafted position in ... well, let's go ahead and say the last 25 years. Can you, at the least, see where this might be a sub-optimal? 

I am hopeful for what that young man can do. I'm totally impressed with him as a kind, gentle soul - although you have to wonder if such a nice guy can tell a street hood with an IQ of 64 and a 40 time of 4.29 to straighten up and fly right. (crap. In reading that it sounds damned racist. I don't mean it to be, but there is a cultural divide that you can see where I am trying to get to.) I suppose and I digress; I'm just saying my version of the truth.

By the way, part of which is to point out that Andy Dalton put the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs. Of course, they might have made it under their own power if we hadn't made the decision to put a 5th round pick behind center against the best defense on the road. Again, a sub-optimal situation. 

Do you see where I am getting at here? In the third year of Tyrod Taylor's time, they thought it might be a fun experiment to take away all his wide receivers. Along with that, give him a new OC (who, simply judged by his performance after the half, might have had truly the worst season I can recall). It's not setting people up for success and I see that as what is happening all over again with a new young man. I will say this - having AJ McCarron as the starter is just about the best guy I could imagine for Allen to learn from. I think he'll be a great, selfless tutor.

Bottom line is there's a middle ground between skipping through life with rose colored glasses and crying in your beer every day because the team didn't do specifically what I wanted them to do. 

Pleasure doing business with you, Foxx. Have a great weekend. 

Edited by Tyrod's friend

So just 24 hours ago everyone was saying how they have to give up everything for one of the top QBs in the draft. Both 1sts, next years 1st, both 2nds and 3rds, etc. You dont worry about holes cause you can fill them in free agency. You gamble and do whatever it takes to get one.

So they manage to get one and it only cost them the 2 seconds. And then was able to get one of the top linebackers for a couple later picks and now everyone's crying cause they cant fill the holes and dont have enough picks? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I think they did fine. 

Well we get three picks in three rounds just like most teams.  Getting 2 firsts in the top half of the first round is the kicker.  Allen is a project like any qb, Edmunds will start and move all over the field.   Third round will be G or WR or maybe BPA. 

Then we have 5 picks in the last 4 rounds to fill out some spots. 

It it would have been nice to draft 6 players in the first 3 rounds but we used the picks to get what we wanted and desperately needed.  

6 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

No. 

Pretty happy with the TWO amazing first rounders thanks.