Irresponsible to trade away so many picks?

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You win with stars not warm bodies. The Bills potentially got a franchise QB and an All-Pro LB. That is way more important than fringe starters.

Allen wasn’t my guy. However, if someone that the Bills would come out with a top 4 QB and a consensus top 10 player, without giving up anything in 2019, I probably would have kissed them.

Hey @Kirby Jackson you do a great job evaluating talent.  What are your thoughts on Allen and do you think he succeeds?  I didn’t like the pick and wanted Rosen like most fans

51 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

We have a ton of holes on this team and were going into Day 2 with only 1 late pick? 

It's really mind boggling. I think it would've made much more sense to trade DOWN at 22 and pick up more draft picks.

Does this regime even now what the hell they're doing? 

There were some here in the "many holes" camp.  

I think the overwhelming consensus was that it made more sense, in this year in particular, to trade up and go get our guy at QB.

The plan was right, the player taken is the problem.

We could have had Josh Rosen.

Remember that! 

This is 1983 over again, and we just passed on Kelly and Marino and took Todd Blackledge! 

JESUS CHRIST #*&#*$&$#

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Hey @Kirby Jackson you do a great job evaluating talent.  What are your thoughts on Allen and do you think he succeeds?  I didn’t like the pick and wanted Rosen like most fans

I don’t know about all of that but thanks. Rosen has been my guy since before last draft so I was a little bummed. Allen is a high ceiling, low floor guy. I don’t think that he will ever be a “pretty good QB.” He won’t have Andy Dalton’s career. He is going to be Matt Stafford or a farmer in 3 years. There is a lot risk with him but potentially big rewards. It wouldn’t have been the move that I made but I get it.

21 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If we gave away 3 first we would have looked really foolish. Bc we could have done that does not mean it looks better we only gave away two seconds. Point is we possibly could have gave away nothing. Or a 3rd and 5th like AZ did. 

The further up the board you go......the higher the premium

Why is this so hard to understand.

If Allen works out....it does not even matter we simply traded draft capital we accumulated to get our QB.....Beane did alright

19 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Not you see Allen is a guaranteed frencheyes. So you must stop being logical and join the insane mob. 

May we please have that again in English?

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The further up the board you go......the higher the premium

Why is this so hard to understand.

If Allen works out....it does not even matter we simply traded draft capital we accumulated to get our QB.....Beane did alright

I guess we paid high pick 5 money for pick 7.  We gave Tampa (according to reports) what we offered to Denver at 5.

We way overpaid relative to the Johnson value chart, for what that's worth.

15 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

It's almost impossible for me to believe that people sit at home on their keyboard and actually worry about **** like this when we just drafted our first franchise QB in like 30 years.

Pump the brakes there Killer.  Allen has yet to play a down of professional football.  He's a long way from being anyone's 'franchise' QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

Next year we are 90 million plus under the cap, fill whole then.  Just continue to develop roster this year.   Franchise Qb is the one position that can't be filled via FA.

Spotrac has Bills listed at 63 mil

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

No sense risking it. In 15 years if Allen turns out to be big ben and has a hall of fame career, are you actually going to care that the Bills traded 2 second round picks to get him?

That will be inscribed in his bust in Canton. "He cost two extra 2nd rd picks."

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I guess we paid high pick 5 money for pick 7.  We gave Tampa (according to reports) what we offered to Denver at 5.

Here is some English for you. Not that it matters. 

In summation, PFW offered an indicting conclusion: “(He) has ideal size, arm strength and athleticism … but it ends there. Will flash the ability to make the big throw, but can’t do it with any consistency. There isn’t a quarterback in recent memory who had such a low completion percentage in college and went on to have success in the NFL. Will probably get drafted high because of his physical traits but people who draft him high are risking their careers.”

Given those flaws, Pro Football Weekly graded him as a third-rounder.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yes but we were probably in competition with the cards.

IMO Beane protect the assets that he considered to be the most important....22 and next year's 1st round pick.

We accumulated picks so that we COULD do this....and take a real stab at a franchise qb.

18 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

It's almost impossible for me to believe that people sit at home on their keyboard and actually worry about **** like this when we just drafted our first franchise QB in like 30 years.

Actually he has already won 2 SBs. Most people don’t know that. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Pump the brakes there Killer.  Allen has yet to play a down of professional football.  He's a long way from being anyone's 'franchise' QB.

I think its more accurate to say that they swung for a potential franchise QB

Which is all you can ask for...you cant get them in free agency......they cost a ton....this was a strong QB draft

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

We have a ton of holes on this team and were going into Day 2 with only 1 late pick? 

It's really mind boggling. I think it would've made much more sense to trade DOWN at 22 and pick up more draft picks.

Think of things long-term.  I think the Bills brass knows this upcoming season is going to be rough.  Now, they could have traded some 2019 picks and kept some day 2 draft capital, but if they go 5-11 next year then those 2019 picks are going to be early in each round.  

It's better in the long run to spend the capital that we already had rather than mortgage the future.  We had like 10 picks this year but only 7 picks next year.  

Initially I didn't like both trade ups, but after sleeping on it the whole idea makes a lot more sense to me.  I think Beane knows exactly what he's doing.  

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think its more accurate to say that they swung for a potential franchise QB

Which is all you can ask for...you cant get them in free agency......they cost a ton....this was a strong QB draft

No argument there, so now the real work begins, shaping Josh Allen into the Bills new leader.  Drafting him was probably the easiest part!

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Trading up and grabbing Edmunds like they did was the smartest move of the night. I expected him to go at the latest to the Dolphins. We now have a starting MLB who is as athletically gifted as they come, a hell of a player on the field, and he's only going to get better because he is only 19 years old at the moment. This guy could be the QB of the defense for the next decade and then some.