What Do Beane & McDermott Have To Do...

Scorp83

We've all pretty much express who we want, all the posts & threads. But we haven't discuss the worse possibility. Which is, if our front office literally trade assets to move up (to 2nd, 4th, 5th, or 6th) & Draft Josh Allen...over Mayfield, Rosen, & even Jackson or Rudolph.

What would Beane & McDermott Have To do to sale you on him for the press conference??? 

We all may not be scouts, but the few of us that know football based off our different backgrounds (whether you've played the game, HS, College, ect... coach the game, just flat out been somewhat apart of the game). You have eyes, & there's one thing about the NFL Draft..."The Eyeball test doesn't lie"

What would they have to do/say to make you believe they've made the correct choice on drafting a prospect that should go in the 2nd Rd, but is being hyped up so much, he's going to get WAY overdrafted???

• Like (+1) 1

Wow... I honestly don't know. My goodness, this would probably be the worst situation. I don't think they can say anything to justify that pick... especially if Mahomes & Watson are way better then Allen. Ughhh... man that's a tough pill to swallow 

Edited by WPBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen would have to come in and snatch the job from McCarron for 1. And I would need evidence he is the unquestioned starter next year. I think to answer your question properly, McBeane would need to bring in assets NOW around him. start building their line and a quality wr Corp. But most importantly they need to set him up with REAL qb coaching. Someone for his footwork someone for film breakdown. someone for every facet and I am talking the best that money can buy. Because at that point its do or die. If Allen fails they will be looking for new jobs in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing.....  They can't sell it. 

The clock starts ticking on their employment status.  If Allen turns out to be good, that's great.  If he turns out like most of us think he will........ TICK TOCK.....TICK TOCK.

• Like (+1) 1

They sit tight see how the draft goes, trade up for a QB if they're convinced it's worth it and not a rip off or take a QB  at 12 or 22.

Then smartly pick in twice in the 2nd & 3rd round to fill some holes and be relaxed knowing they got mega bucks to spend in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

We've all pretty much express who we want, all the posts & threads. But we haven't discuss the worse possibility. Which is, if our front office literally trade assets to move up (to 2nd, 4th, 5th, or 6th) & Draft Josh Allen...over Mayfield, Rosen, & even Jackson or Rudolph.

What would Beane & McDermott Have To do to sale you on him for the press conference??? 

We all may not be scouts, but the few of us that know football based off our different backgrounds (whether you've played the game, HS, College, ect... coach the game, just flat out been somewhat apart of the game). You have eyes, & there's one thing about the NFL Draft..."The Eyeball test doesn't lie"

What would they have to do/say to make you believe they've made the correct choice on drafting a prospect that should go in the 2nd Rd, but is being hyped up so much, he's going to get WAY overdrafted???

Nothing. Only thing that would ever sell me on Allen is seeing him on the field improve from a scattershot QB

2 hours ago, WPBillsFan said:

Wow... I honestly don't know. My goodness, this would probably be the worst situation. I don't think they can say anything to justify that pick... especially if Mahomes & Watson are way better then Allen. Ughhh... man that's a tough pill to swallow 

If we give up a ton of picks to trade up and chose Allen over Rosen or Mayfield it will set this organization back 5+ years. I don't care what Mayock says. Allen stinks of bust stench. McB will be fired when Pegula realizes you need more than a big qb who can chuck it 90 yards. I'll take anyone at any number over Allen.

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we give up a ton of picks to trade up and chose Allen over Rosen or Mayfield it will set this organization back 5+ years. I don't care what Mayock says. Allen stinks of bust stench. McB will be fired when Pegula realizes you need more than a big qb who can chuck it 90 yards. I'll take anyone at any number over Allen.

Exactly! It's something I don't think most of us thought about but it's almost a possibility it happens...even Sal on WGR said he wouldn't be surprise if we'd took Allen

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

Nothing.....  They can't sell it. 

The clock starts ticking on their employment status.  If Allen turns out to be good, that's great.  If he turns out like most of us think he will........ TICK TOCK.....TICK TOCK.

This is one reason I'm praying we don't take Allen... I like McBeane ... & I want to see them stick around

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

If they draft Allen, it will be because they WANT him.

Which will tell me all I need to know about Allen.  Because we made the playoffs last year with a janky team.

McBeane has earned my forebearance, or you also might call it, my respect, based upon their performance.

So there's that.

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}

6 hours ago, billspro said:

I don’t think there is anything they could say. Allen would have to look legit in training camp and preseason for me to believe.

This is how I'll feel if they draft Allen. 

Or Mayfield or Rosen or Darnold.

I'll be hopeful but I won't believe. Why would I? Don't believe till you see, but be hopeful, that's my policy.

But according to Peter King and a couple of other folks who canvassed some pro scouts and personnel folks, Allen is #1 or #2 for a lot of them. Allen won't require more work to make me hopeful than any of the others. Fans don't like Allen but the pros do ... and that's much much much better than the other way around.

He's my fourth preference, but fans don't get to see these guys on the whiteboards, or interview them or see the reports from the private eyes or talk to the college coaches to see what reads they might have been supposed to make on what plays ... The pros know more than we do. Which doesn't make them perfect but does make them a ton more informed and knowledgeable.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Apparently past tense is a problem.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

They couldn't say a damn thing. Talk is cheap. Allen will have to prove it on the field before I believe he's anything but a bust. 

Hmmmm

44 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'll be hopeful but I won't believe. Why would I? Don't believe till you see, but be hopeful, that's my policy.

But according to Peter King and a couple of other folks who canvassed some pro scouts and personnel folks, Allen is #1 or #2 for a lot of them. Allen won't require more work to make me hopeful than any of the others. Fans don't like Allen but the pros do ... and that's much much much better than the other way around.

He's my fourth preference, but fans don't get to see these guys on the whiteboards, or interview them or see the reports from the private eyes or talk to the college coaches to see what reads they might have been supposed to make on what plays ... The pros know more than we do. Which doesn't make them perfect but does make them a ton more informed and knowledgeable.

I hear you Thurm... but this comment right here "Fans don't like Allen but the pros do..."

Is another issue I have with Allen... there's plenty of reports that support your comment here. "The ol' school coaches will love Josh Allen" this isn't 1998 anymore. It's a young man's game... guy's like Ozzie Newsome, Doug Marrone, Charlie Casserly loves Josh Allen... & I'm sorry the game has completely blown pass uncle Charlie. That comment represents scouts, coaches, & GM's like him....smh

When I watch Allen over shoot wide open WR's running down the middle of the field, throws with NO anticipation, holds the ball WAY too long, over throw RB's in the flats, throw the ball out of bounds consistently on an Out Route, WITHOUT ANY pressure of his weak competition...i think...there's No way in hell this dude goes in the 1st round! I want to believe our coaching staff is smart... & if they took Allen... Will cause me to question:

do they really know what they're doing or did they just get lucky last year???

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

When I watch Allen over shoot wide open WR's running down the middle of the field, throws with NO anticipation, holds the ball WAY too long, over throw RB's in the flats, throw the ball out of bounds consistently on an Out Route, WITHOUT ANY pressure of his weak competition...i think...there's No way in hell this dude goes in the 1st round! I want to believe our coaching staff is smart... & if they took Allen... Will cause me to question:

do they really know what they're doing or did they just get lucky last year???

Not to mention those wide open target nets from 5 yards away...

Image result for Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen ... I mean, maybe itâs a small target

• Thank you (+1) 1

Out draft the Jets and Dolphins and hopefully the Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Texans, Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Browns, Bengals and Ravens. That way we stay above most of our AFC rivals and can close the gap on the Patriots and Steelers when Brady and Ben retire. 

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Exactly. He isn't my choice, but the pros know what they're looking for. 

Allen has the best Wonderlic, by far, and I think that has something to with why the pros like him.  They see that on the interviews and we don't.  

25 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Exactly. He isn't my choice, but the pros know what they're looking for. 

Allen has the best Wonderlic, by far, and I think that has something to with why the pros like him.  They see that on the interviews and we don't.  

They didn't see his tweets he's being scrutinized for. Just because they interview him & we dont doesn't mean the fans can't learn anything on a prospect that the league doesn't know. Obviously someone outside of the 32 NFL teams saw those tweets & made then public. If Beane & McDermott draft this kid, everything about them goes into question. We all see that he's bad! Heck...look on the 1st page at the post where he's CLEARLY missing a 5 yard net!

It's not rocket science & you don't have to work for an NFL team when something is this clear! Now...20 years ago... footage of his mishaps would be for the scouts & GM's eyes only... it's not the case in 2018. People aren't clueless or blind Shaw... come on man...you know this.

Edited by Scorp83