Whoa Josh Allen tweet - If it ain't white; it' aint right - the drop begins

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

John Allen's career is initially going to be 100% about politics and Kapernick now

As usual, it will be blown out of proportion and made into something bigger than it is

wRGwf1ia_normal.jpeg Joe Banner (@JoeBanner13)
The kid wrote those words, that’s the story. He set himself up for whatever came next. If people don’t think this will be an issue in the locker room where he gets drafted they are kidding themselves twitter.com/rosstuckernfl/

10 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I've been on the receiving end of that word a few times. It typically comes from a place of sheer ignorance instead of bigotry. There's a couple of occasions where I've tried to work out why that person said it and try to approach it from their point of view. After all, if they choose to stay ignorant after I've tried to enlighten them, that's on them. I'm not the thought police :)

I've never been hurt by it but I know people who have. It'll probably irk me until the day I die because of that.

ABSOLUTELY.

I was just saying that as society I think some things are being desensitized, with songs and tv/movies using it all the time, both derogatory and jokingly in these cases, and I think this seems like a case of that.

He was using it jokingly and/or quoting a song in the other case, and obviously didn't think of the ramifications of it.

Calling somebody the N word (or f*ggot, etc) in a direct, derogatory way is very bad and obviously unacceptable.

Using it the way he did seems pretty obvious that he wasn't using it as hate speech, and more like an ignorant teenager who didn't realize how it might affect somebody, even if it was in poor taste.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

wRGwf1ia_normal.jpeg Joe Banner (@JoeBanner13)
The kid wrote those words, that’s the story. He set himself up for whatever came next. If people don’t think this will be an issue in the locker room where he gets drafted they are kidding themselves twitter.com/rosstuckernfl/

I'm sure the guys in the locker room have never said anything disparaging about other races in their lives.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Would not shock me at all if this turned out to be the case. 

I won't be surprised if he ends up a Saint. They wanted Mahomes last year and Sean Payton is the kind of scumbag that would pull a move like that.

Complete overreaction currently on the NFL Network re: comments made by a 16 year old kid.  Casserly especially over the top.  They're acting like Allen made the comments yesterday...not 6 years ago as a 16 year old teen.  Billick says Allen would have to come into a locker room and apologize to everyone.  Wow.

Edited by LabattBlue

12 hours ago, mead107 said:

Social media will be the down fall of all 

This is why I have no social media accounts. This colossal loser is so miserable that he is trying to ruin someone's life. What a complete pimple on the ass of society.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

ABSOLUTELY.

I was just saying that as society I think some things are being desensitized, with songs and tv/movies using it all the time, both derogatory and jokingly in these cases, and I think this seems like a case of that.

He was using it jokingly and/or quoting a song in the other case, and obviously didn't think of the ramifications of it.

Calling somebody the N word (or f*ggot, etc) in a direct, derogatory way is very bad and obviously unacceptable.

Using it the way he did seems pretty obvious that he wasn't using it as hate speech, and more like an ignorant teenager who didn't realize how it might affect somebody, even if it was in poor taste.

If I thought that he meant that as being anti-gay, people would know about it. When you post anything online without context to back it up, you run the risk of it being taken the wrong way. It doesn't seem intentional and malicious so I'd hope that people could take it as it is rather than getting massively offended by it.

I'm more interested in who Josh Allen is now. On the surface, he seems to be a pretty decent and grounded guy. You never know someone's true character until you experience it or they expose it (good or bad). He might have an uncomfortable few days ahead fitting into a new locker room with plenty of players wanting to put him on the spot over this. Even if self-inflicted, adversity is a good test of a man. He has a chance to set the record straight behind closed doors.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, major said:

Not might, he will

You're probably right and I think that's insane.

To think that teams would ignore pretty bad game tape on a kid and potentially draft him high because he's big, fast and can throw like a cannon only to then drop him because of something he said IN HIGH SCHOOL just shows how stupid the league is when it comes to running a team and evaluating personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

It is a tempest in a teapot.  Dumb things said by a 15 year old.  He has not exhibited behavior in college to indicate that he is a racist goon.  Kids say and do dumb things. 

1 hour ago, BeefCurtns said:

This is why I have no social media accounts. This colossal loser is so miserable that he is trying to ruin someone's life. What a complete pimple on the ass of society.

No twitter or instagram here.  I FB but it is pretty vanilla. There are people out there sifting through thousands of tweets to try and ruin a kid.  Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

The tweats themselves I can chalk up to idiotic teenager behavior. The fact that he wasn't smart enough not to scrub them (way) before the draft process is a huge red flag. That Tom Condon didn't order an employee to look through Allen's social media months ago though is the biggest surprise by far.

Whether you like him or not, this will be forgotten in a week.  Tweets by a 16 year old are irrelevant and honestly it should be borderline illegal for minors to post on social media and should definitely be illegal for adults to be searching social media posts by a minor.  

It’s hilarious watching all these people who built up this 56% passer in the mountain West fall all over themselves defending him.

Its responsible for what he put out but it’s not that big of deal.  I just can’t think of a college qb who had such a meh career in a meh conference get so much love.

• Like (+1) 1