Whoa Josh Allen tweet - If it ain't white; it' aint right - the drop begins

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

There is absolutely ZERO way to say he as improved until people are in pads and coming at him at football speed not in shorts in a controlled environment.

Well, yeah, if you're stupid, you could argue anything. You could say "Improvement isn't improvement until I personally decide it is." Sure. You could also say there's ZERO way to say he's gotten stronger until you see him playing even though he's improved his lifts in the offseason. But either way, you 'd be wrong and you'd be a dummy.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 4/25/2018 at 11:31 PM, Herc11 said:

He was what 13, 14 years old? Who cares what an immature teenager said

On 4/26/2018 at 4:35 AM, N.Y. Orangeman said:

SMH...Yes, I would be mortified if my son posted racist things on his twitter account.

He would have been 16 I think?   It was 5 years ago and he's what, 21 or 22 now?

If a kid is old enough to be given a Smartphone, they are IMHO old enough to understand that stuff they put out there on social media is out there forever.  We had an 'expert' come to my kid's middle school and tell us "talk to your kids, tell them I know you're going to post stuff you shouldn't and take pictures of stuff you shouldn't and...." I asked to be recognized and basically said "I told my kid, you act dumb and post stuff you shouldn't or take pictures of stuff you shouldn't, I get your smart phone and I'm using it for Skeet Shooting Practice.  You can have a dumb phone, to match how you act."  Bunch of other parents cheered.

FWIW there was a situation in my kid's school where some freshman girls posted a bunch of racist crap in a Snapchat group and one of the group got fed up, took a screen shot and shared it.  They were suspended and after investigation/discussion with the families they were invited to continue their educations elsewhere (private  school can do that).

That said, I believe those girls (and Allen) should get the chance to put it in their past and move on.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:23 AM, Elite Poster said:

He posted n word on Twitter multiple times. This isn't him and his boys messing around. He put it out there for the world to see. Keep in mind he isn't just a random, any ol kid. This guy was obviously getting attention from then since he was recruited into college football.

To get a medical license, you have to get a FBI background check. A Twitter check is peanuts compared to this so you have to be thorough. This job gets you millions and quick.

Well now, isn't that an interesting thing.  He was NOT recruited into college football.  He and his dad tried very hard to get nearby Fresno State interested, before and after he spent a year at JUCO, but Wyoming was his only offer.  Bit of a puzzle, that.  Maybe now we know what put colleges off of him.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:42 AM, coldstorage5 said:

So here we go,

Allan is gonna slide now: https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

I liked the guy, Once a racist, always a racist....

We want kids who get arrested for actual crimes to get a second chance and the benefit of the doubt that they've changed, but we can't believe that a kid who quotes rap lyrics and a comedy skit in his teenage twitter might change when he leaves his small town and goes to college, then off into a bigger world?

Am I the only one who remembers that the Circle Jerks did a song called "Firebaugh" about Josh Allen's home town, that painted it as a pretty racist place?

" Drinking beer's the pastime here
This place is filled with hate and fear "

and

" A voice cries out "Hey Charlie Brown!"
Are you the next vato who's gonna go down?
Heads turn, we told you so
If your car breaks down
Don't take a tow to

[Chorus:]
Firebaugh, Firebaugh
A place where no one dreams "

21 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Complete overreaction currently on the NFL Network re: comments made by a 16 year old kid.  Casserly especially over the top.  They're acting like Allen made the comments yesterday...not 6 years ago as a 16 year old teen.  Billick says Allen would have to come into a locker room and apologize to everyone.  Wow.

Well, Allen did apologize for the comments in the press.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We want kids who get arrested for actual crimes to get a second chance and the benefit of the doubt that they've changed, but we can't believe that a kid who quotes rap lyrics and a comedy skit in his teenage twitter might change when he leaves his small town and goes to college, then off into a bigger world?

Speaking the truth brother. 

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, yeah, if you're stupid, you could argue anything. You could say "Improvement isn't improvement until I personally decide it is." Sure. You could also say there's ZERO way to say he's gotten stronger until you see him playing even though he's improved his lifts in the offseason. But either way, you 'd be wrong and you'd be a dummy.

Don't you see a difference there?

The known problem with athletes in any sport making a change to their technique (golf, tennis, batting swing, pitching motion, throwing motion) is that muscle memory is strong, and the changes that you can make and sustain in a coaching or slow practice situation, are known to be hard to sustain when you're in a game situation where the pressure is on and things are happening quickly. 

If you think about it consciously, you may mess up from the conscious thinking, and if you try to just let your muscles flow, you may revert.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, MAJBobby said:

Would be an interesting QB room let me tell you 

R8zfLbgL_normal.jpg Ryan Lasal (@RyanLasal_RSN)
Ok. The more I think about it, the more it might be fun if the Bills draft Allen. Why? Well here’s exhibit A pic.twitter.com/2fzFsk7no3

I'm sure that it's news to AJ McCarron that boys all over the country think his wife is smokin' hot.  :rolleyes:

Let's have a little context here for what she had going' on in 2013:

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't you see a difference there?

The known problem with athletes in any sport making a change to their technique (golf, tennis, batting swing, pitching motion, throwing motion) is that muscle memory is strong, and the changes that you can make and sustain in a coaching or slow practice situation, are known to be hard to sustain when you're in a game situation where the pressure is on and things are happening quickly. 

Dude, you haven't followed the argument.

I said he's improved a lot but there's still a major question about whether it will stick. 

He said no he hasn't improved. It's stupid.

Edited by Thurman#1

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

Dude, you haven't followed the argument.

Please do not make false assumptions.  Thank you.

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

I said he's improved a lot but there's still a major question about whether it will stick. 

He said no he hasn't improved. It's stupid.

You said : "You could also say there's ZERO way to say he's gotten stronger until you see him playing even though he's improved his lifts in the offseason. But either way, you 'd be wrong and you'd be a dummy."

Leaving aside the gratuitous insults, my point is that the analogy between improved lifts -> stronger vs. improved throwing technique -> ability to throw in games is flawed.

I pointed out the flaw.

It sounds as though you actually agree with me that improved accuracy in pajamas does not necessarily result in improved accuracy under pressure, in games.

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please do not make false assumptions.  Thank you.

You said : "You could also say there's ZERO way to say he's gotten stronger until you see him playing even though he's improved his lifts in the offseason. But either way, you 'd be wrong and you'd be a dummy."

Leaving aside the gratuitous insults, my point is that the analogy between improved lifts -> stronger vs. improved throwing technique -> ability to throw in games is flawed.

I pointed out the flaw.

It sounds as though you actually agree with me that improved accuracy in pajamas does not necessarily result in improved accuracy under pressure, in games.

You may have tried to point out a flaw, but you didn't succeed. Your analogy is looking at something that is not in my posts.

Look, if you really want to get involved here, go read the back history of this argument. Then see if you disagree with me.

Yes, as I clearly have said about six or seven times, improved accuracy at this point might not stick. But even you admit that he improved. "Improved accuracy." Exactly. He has improved. That's a fact, a fact that he simply denies. It's a dumb argument that he is making. Again, if you really want to join this conversation, go back and read from where he came in. 

The post he responded to was made by me at Thursday at 3:11 p.m. on Page 8 of 17 for me. Or my post yesterday at 2:52 a.m. on Page 14 of 17. I wouldn't involve myself, if I were you. I wasn't insulting you, I was insulting him and for pretty good reason if you read the posts.

Edited by Thurman#1

Allen is not the guy. Baker Mayfield, well, that's a different story altogether.

The last thing the team needs is someone potentially bringing hushed whispers into the locker room. Hopefully, there will be a team meeting to air all this out before petty choosing of sides splits the team. Yes, granted, we all were young in our lives, but skipping school or pocketing funds earmarked for the church offering plate pales to speaking evil of a whole race of people that may bring his teammates feelings into play in that locker room. Unnecessary distractions is something a team doesn't need.

Edited by QB12

19 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

17 pages of nonsense about some old tweets that look like they were quoting songs and phrases. 

You guys have to get over this stuff, and stop being so god damn hypocritical. We all know what you did when you were young. 

The virtue signalling blinker is flashing bright all across the MSM today about this. 

What an absolute load of horseshit. 

Am I not allowed to quote funny movie quotes or rap lyrics now without being accused of being hateful?

maybe white people shouldn’t be allowed to listen to Sucka Nigga by ATCQ or watch Hollywood Shuffle?  Maybe white people shouldn’t be allowed to have Entertainment devices?

The poor kid  is being thrown to the wolves out there by the leftist, identity politics BS of the mainstream media.