NYTIMES leaked player-owner meeting

Sadly, Trump just uses the kneeling as a way to rouse up his base and to deflect . The guy hasn't stood for anything his entire life except how to make a profit. This guy played football , tennis and squash but used "bone spurs" to get exempt from military service. The biggest con man to every grace the office of the presidency has no right to talk on this issue. When it came time for him to stand up and do his part, he took a seat like a coward. Now he thinks he can speak on players taking a knee?  What a hypocrite!

Edited by first_and_ten
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 11

7 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Sadly, Trump just uses the kneeling as a way to rouse up his base and to deflect . The guy hasn't stood for anything his entire life except how to make a profit. This guy played football , tennis and squash but used "bone spurs" to get exempt from military service. The biggest con man to every grace the office of the presidency has no right to talk on this issue.

Sadly, you're mistaken!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, first_and_ten said:

show me how I'm mistaken

Once the players/ media started this drivel, everyone had the right to talk on the issue. Including the Prez. I imagine your response would be different if he had supported this nonsense. Or if the previous guy had. 

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Once the players/ media started this drivel, everyone had the right to talk on the issue. Including the Prez. I imagine your response would be different if he had supported this nonsense. Or if the previous guy had. 

My response would have been the same. He is a hypocrite to speak on the subject. The previous guy didn't use bone spurs to get out of military service, so yes he could speak on it. My response wasn't one for or against the kneeling, it was on the hypocrisy of the con man in office.

Edited by first_and_ten

3 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Yes, just like Trump would argue it..lol

or to the tune of ... ¨you´re wrong!! ...¨ where is that Trump´s GIF when you need it??... :P

Edited by BuffaLoko

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Man, Terry P sounds like an outright simpleton in this piece.

yeah he tried to be politically correct and came across without anything of substance to say

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair though, that article made all the owners seem like dipshits. And nowhere was the primary issue addressed by anyone, that people hold the singing of the national anthem as a sacred occasion and if the players have a right to kneel then fans have a right to get pissed about it.

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Doesn't Trump always sound that way? 

And he is only using this as wedge issue to blame black people and rally his base. Picking fights with  Blacks not standing, scapegoating immigrants and attacking China for "taking our jobs." Being a jackass blowhard is the only think Trump knows how to do. Just a terrible person and the worst president ever 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Doesn't Trump always sound that way? 

And he is only using this as wedge issue to blame black people and rally his base. Picking fights with  Blacks not standing, scapegoating immigrants and attacking China for "taking our jobs." Being a jackass blowhard is the only think Trump knows how to do. Just a terrible person and the worst president ever 

So true