It's #2 Spot or no Trade-Up at All

With the Broncos pick wide open at 5, the Bills would have made this move already if they liked 3 QBs.

This tells me that there are 2 that they would give up the farm for and we won't know that until Cleveland picks. If the Giants sit and pick at 2, the writing is on the wall for tier 2 qb. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

With the Broncos pick wide open at 5, the Bills would have made this move already if they liked 3 QBs.

This tells me that there are 2 that they would give up the farm for and we won't know that until Cleveland picks. If the Giants sit and pick at 2, the writing is on the wall for tier 2 qb. 

Do you know Jackson had more rushes than he did completions? Pats are interested in him.

Because 3 is not getting traded by the Jets and Browns are not taking a 2nd QB at 4

And how do you know 4 isnt getting traded again??

so you go to 5 thinking you are getting one of the 3. Then four gets traded on draft day now your SOL. 

So again how does liking 3 QBs mean that they would already trade to 5?

or that they would go to 2 for a certain player and 5 for another. Or want to see what happens at 1 before pulling any trigger on any trade. 

Meaning this entire premise is so flawed 

Edited by MAJBobby

You move up to 5 now and give other QB-needy teams two days to trade up to 4 or 2. Better to let the chips fall and make a move the night of, if they can get the guy they want.

If we were going to do something today I'd say try to move to 4 with the Browns, and then on draft day if the Giants bite (since they'd be able to get Barkley at 4), leapfrog the Jets.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Meh. said:

You move up to 5 now and give other QB-needy teams two days to trade up to 4 or 2. Better to let the chips fall and make a move the night of, if they can get the guy they want.

If we were going to do something today I'd say try to move to 4 with the Browns, and then on draft day if the Giants bite (since they'd be able to get Barkley at 4), leapfrog the Jets.

This is the correct answer

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The ONLY move you make prior to the Draft is up to 2 if you like multiple QBs 

then you have your choice before Jets. 

Other then that you WAIT until day of 

Which, as far as we know, is not happening right now. It's the waiting game for us. 

I have not read a thing about Browns moving off of 4

And that may just be why it will most likely happen - because it has been kept quiet all this time. The Bills and Browns may have discussed this possibility since TT was traded to the Browns....

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This is the correct answer

The problem is that other teams like the Cardinals and Dolphins don't have the same Draft capital as the Bills to be able to move to the top-4 especially considering how much the Jets paid for that 3rd pick.  The Bills and possibly the Patriots are the only ones with the type of draft picks that can entice the top-4 teams to do a trade.

As I posted in another thread...the wild card is the Giants...What if the Giants traded Eli Manning to Jacksonville and get a bounty.  Then they will pick the #2 best QB in the draft and set the franchise up for success for the next decade.  The Colts did it a few years ago...so why not the Giants.

Just now, ganesh said:

The problem is that other teams like the Cardinals and Dolphins don't have the same Draft capital as the Bills to be able to move to the top-4 especially considering how much the Jets paid for that 3rd pick.  The Bills and possibly the Patriots are the only ones with the type of draft picks that can entice the top-4 teams to do a trade.

As I posted in another thread...the wild card is the Giants...What if the Giants traded Eli Manning to Jacksonville and get a bounty.  Then they will pick the #2 best QB in the draft and set the franchise up for success for the next decade.  The Colts did it a few years ago...so why not the Giants.

This is an interesting premise, and I think it would be much more likely if Bortles didn't lead the Jags as deep into the playoffs as he did. I think they stick with him for a while longer. If anything, they might be a dark horse for Mason Rudolph or Mike White. 

Cant assume any pick.  Buffalo is not going to make a move up until the guy they want ia their.  To me the most obvious conmection to me is Rosen to Buffalo.  The media doesnt want it.  They are all saying Giants or Jets.  Looks like the next best Qb and hope he is in a big market.  Most pro ready and Buffalo needs a day 1 starter at qb.  He talked his way out of Cleveland Imo right into Buffalo.

27 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Honestly the only pick I wouldn't be worried about getting leapfrogged on is the number one overall. Even if we somehow got to 2 today, who's to say the Jets couldn't package #3, next year's first and change and jump us again?

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have not read a thing about Browns moving off of 4

Nor have I, I just still feel like it's doubtful they'd keep two top-5 picks, even if they're going to really redshirt one for a year (doubts about that as well). It's been 24 years since anyone had two top-5 picks in the first round, and Cleveland could use as many early-round picks the next few years as anyone's willing to throw at them, especially if they somehow flub their QB choice (which, let's face it, they're the Browns and they're likely to do). Although who knows, maybe they actually pull off the 2-QB scenario and come away looking brilliant in a couple years.

Edited by Meh.

6 minutes ago, Meh. said:

Honestly the only pick I wouldn't be worried about getting leapfrogged on is the number one overall. Even if we somehow got to 2 today, who's to say the Jets couldn't package #3, next year's first and change and jump us again?

Then we would at least be in a position to grab a top 3 QB prospect. QBs could go 123 depending on who cleveland pick

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ganesh said:

But.......IF the queen had gonads she’d be king. Ok, that trade scenario will never happen.......just sayin’ ?  Teams dont trade everybody away so the Bills can move up

Edited by RFL

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Jets are not moving and neither are the Browns (for either pick). 2 or nothing, book it.

If they wanted 5, it would be done....no way they would have waited for someone else to move into that spot...they don't want it.

Correct if they want to move before they actually see whats on the board.....     They may target just 1 or 2 worthy of trading up for at 5...

Jets are not moving and neither are the Browns (for either pick). 2 or nothing, book it.

If they wanted 5, it would be done....no way they would have waited for someone else to move into that spot...they don't want it.

Sure sure sure 

18 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Then we would at least be in a position to grab a top 3 QB prospect. QBs could go 123 depending on who cleveland pick

I guess my question is which is more important, getting a top-3 QB, or getting the top-3 QB that we WANT. If the concern is just, will we get somebody in the top 3 QBs, then by all means trade up to 2 or 5 or whatever. But if they've got one guy that they covet above all others, you don't trade up to a spot when there's still time for someone else to trade to a higher spot. You end up possibly losing out on the guy you want and spending multiple draft picks on someone you're not as sure about.

2 minutes ago, Meh. said:

I guess my question is which is more important, getting a top-3 QB, or getting the top-3 QB that we WANT. If the concern is just, will we get somebody in the top 3 QBs, then by all means trade up to 2 or 5 or whatever. But if they've got one guy that they covet above all others, you don't trade up to a spot when there's still time for someone else to trade to a higher spot. You end up possibly losing out on the guy you want and spending multiple draft picks on someone you're not as sure about.

Its simple if they got 3 QBs graded close enough its worth the trade up. If not then its a wait and see who drops where to swoop in for the kill.

From what I've been hearing, the top four don't seem to be interested in moving. In that scenario, the top 3 guys might be gone, and I would have no interest in reaching. That preemptive strike by the Jets really has the Bills in a pickle, I think.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, par73 said:

From what I've been hearing, the top four don't seem to be interested in moving. In that scenario, the top 3 guys might be gone, and I would have no interest in reaching. That preemptive strike by the Jets really has the Bills in a pickle, I think.

I don’t believe the Giants will pick at 2.  They are waiting for the best offer, which they believe won’t happen until after the Browns pick on Thursday night. Unfortunately for the Giants, Denver and Indy are selling too, and at a lower price.

Edited by mannc

Obviously pick #3 is your division rival. You can't get the #2 pick let the draft fall. You can get to pick #4 and hope the other 3 teams ahead of you got it wrong and left you the best of the top 4 QB prospects. You can hope all the Top 4 are elite. You don't want to jump behind the Jets and lose to them in the future. No one will love you for that. 

If 3 QBs are off the board by pick #4 then its time to hope on the next tier. That's my opinion and my view and reality might be very different. Saquon Barkley is an X factor and if the Giants won't trade us #2 I hope that he is the second pick. C'mon Saquon I'm rooting for you.

Edited by Lfod

6 hours ago, mannc said:

I don’t believe the Giants will pick at 2.  They are waiting for the best offer, which they believe won’t happen until after the Browns pick on Thursday night. Unfortunately for the Giants, Denver and Indy are selling too, and at a lower price.

I think Giants know they hold all the cards at #2, especially with Jets at 3. The only question that remains is do the Bill's love 3 QBs?

8 hours ago, mead107 said:

Wait for Riley 

actually impressed by him. he could stand to beef up a little.

8 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Cant assume any pick.  Buffalo is not going to make a move up until the guy they want ia their.  To me the most obvious conmection to me is Rosen to Buffalo.  The media doesnt want it.  They are all saying Giants or Jets.  Looks like the next best Qb and hope he is in a big market.  Most pro ready and Buffalo needs a day 1 starter at qb.  He talked his way out of Cleveland Imo right into Buffalo.

i don't get where people come up with this. we have a 2 time national champ with successful nfl game experience including a playoff game that he had won.

where do people get the idea that one of these qbs are going to come here and take that spot over the next 4 months.

makes no sense...to me.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

actually impressed by him. he could stand to beef up a little.

i don't get where people come up with this. we have a 2 time national champ with successful nfl game experience including a playoff game that he had won.

where do people get the idea that one of these qbs are going to come here and take that spot over the next 4 months.

makes no sense...to me.

Mccarron has never started before.  He was paid as a back up.  

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Mccarron has never started before.  He was paid as a back up.  

never started...ummm    he was paid as a back up because dalton was paid as a starter.

One of biggest QB winners in college history, McCarron filled No. 2 QB role in ’16 ... Took over No. 1 job in ’15 season, after Andy Dalton suffered thumb fracture Dec. 13 vs. Pittsburgh, and posted 97.1 season passer rating while becoming only QB in Bengals history to have no INTs in first three starts ... In ’15 season Wild Card playoff vs. Pittsburgh, led Bengals from 15-0 deficit after three quarters to 16-15 lead, only to see Steelers prevail 18-16 on late FG ... Joined 53-player roster late in 2014 after rehab from college shoulder injury ... Posted 36-4 record in three seasons as Crimson Tide starter, leading national championship teams in 2011 and ’12 ... Set Alabama records for TD passes (77), passing yards (9019) and completion percentage (66.9) ... Finished second in 2013 Heisman Trophy voting behind Florida State QB Jameis Winston.

They like 2 and they aren't going to move unless one of them is there. They are willing to go to 2 for one of them and they are willing to go to 4-10 for the other, but the other team has to agree and the player needs to be available, obviously. jmo.

This FO is diligent, and it isn't going to pay that much for a chance at a player. It will pay what it takes for the player if they are available though.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They like 2 and they aren't going to move unless one of them is there. They are willing to go to 2 for one of them and they are willing to go to 4-10 for the other, but the other team has to agree and the player needs to be available, obviously. jmo.

This FO is diligent, and it isn't going to pay that much for a chance at a player. It will pay what it takes for the player if they are available though.

Correct, which is why they must only LOVE 2 of them. Best scenario is Darnold goes 1 (even though that's my favorite), and then only 1 other is gone at #3. Let's just hope 1 of the Bills 2 guys drops past 3.