Baker Mayfield big news?

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Golden showers tape of him in a Russian hotel room with hookers and coke. :ph34r:

It’ll be months before it gets determined that it’s fake and was paid for by Josh Rosen’s supporters. 

OBJ, the white version :lol:

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Golden showers tape of him in a Russian hotel room with hookers and coke. :ph34r:

It’ll be months before it gets determined that it’s fake and was paid for by Josh Rosen’s supporters. 

This really made me laugh. I spit my coffee out 

Well played sir. Well played. 

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

He would beat them out. He's never not played. He would be an annoying little gnat trying to get on the field. No way he sits wherever he goes

He could/should beat them out, but Hue has already publically declared twice that Tyrod is the starter this year. Smh

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was reported over the weekend  that he’s a possibility at 1. I don’t see it. The Browns aren’t taking a 23 year old QB at 1 just to stash him behind Tyrod and Stanton.   We will see but I’m thinking they take Allen.

Browns being Browns? On the other hand I think TT and Mayfield would be optimized by very similar schemes...  moving pocket, outside speed,  double 9s, RPO, minimal under center, scripted plays... 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

My rule of thumb with coach quotes like that is to add 'today' to the end of their statement.

Typically yes but in this case in particular I think the organization as a whole wants him to start, and is pretty hell bent on not starting a rookie this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Typically but I think the organization as a whole wants him to start, and is pretty hell bent on not starting a rookie this year.

They need to win some games, and Tyrod will help them do that. If the rook they end up with provides similar benefits he'll get the play. The Tyrod trade & Stanton signings are why I still believe they're going Darnold or Allen. They don't want their rookie to take the field unless it's on their terms. jmo.

Mayfield at 1 is probably the worst scenario for us. If that happens it becomes a possibility that Darnold goes 2 and Rosen goes 3. I could see the Jets taking Allen if Mayfield isn't there so maybe it works out in the end but I'd be nervous.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

... The Browns aren’t taking a 23 year old QB...

Here's ah honest question.

The statistical background of "peak performance" in baseball is very well established. Either a player makes it and is hitting his prime by 27-30 or forget about it. Is there any statistical analysis similar to this in football - at QB and then at the rest of the roster? My sense is that the impact of age on a QB (other than the outlier like Weeden) really isn't substantial.

If you are drafting for projection - for improvement - that's one thing. I don't think anyone is drafting Baker Mayfield because he is going to get better. He is - excuse the pun - fully formed on arrival. It strikes me the only question for Mayfield is going to be how much of what you've already seen can be transferred to the NFL. 

Ultimately assuming a two year arc of completing his learning process, he's 25 and realistically under control by your team well into his mid-30s. I don't see a problem with age at 23.

24 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I dont think this happens, but I do think there’s a better chance of Mayfield at #1 than the Giants taking a QB at #2.  They are all in on Saquan Barkley

If there is any truth to the rumour that the Bills offered 12, 22 and next year's first, then, good as Barkely is, I can't see the Giants passing that deal up to draft a running back, especially in a draft that is already deep at the position. You only do that if you are looking to draft Eli's successor. Of course maybe Beane never actually made that offer.

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Here's ah honest question.

The statistical background of "peak performance" in baseball is very well established. Either a player makes it and is hitting his prime by 27-30 or forget about it. Is there any statistical analysis similar to this in football - at QB and then at the rest of the roster? My sense is that the impact of age on a QB (other than the outlier like Weeden) really isn't substantial.

If you are drafting for projection - for improvement - that's one thing. I don't think anyone is drafting Baker Mayfield because he is going to get better. He is - excuse the pun - fully formed on arrival. It strikes me the only question for Mayfield is going to be how much of what you've already seen can be transferred to the NFL. 

Ultimately assuming a two year arc of completing his learning process, he's 25 and realistically under control by your team well into his mid-30s. I don't see a problem with age at 23.

I believe they want a high potential guy to develop. Allen fits the physical mold of the successful QBs in their division, and they have time to develop him.  Could be wrong!