Bills should trade 4 number 1 picks and move to the 1st pick of the draft

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

NO.

He's a better idea. Scout for a QB that you can get without trading away all your picks. Note that many of the quarterbacks considered to be franchise caliber today were not drafted at the top of the 1st round.

if you go back and read the 1st post In this thread.  I said I’m not for this and I stated this in the thread. The point I was trying to make is the 80 percent want one of the top 3 QB’s no matter what. Then a lot of them want the first QB taken. So I’m trying to prove my point that do you really want that. I for one do not. Im ok with Allen, Rudolph or Jackson. Mcbean will try but even if he offered 4 1st round draft picks it might not happen. So are you going to blame Mcbean. It’s being reported the NYG turned down 3 first round draft picks and 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder. So how much more of this Insanity are the 80 percenters will to go for one of those top 3 QB’s. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This is the dumbest statement I've heard in a long, long time. Better than Luck?

Ah yeah. Luck has been injury proned and when heathy he kinda sucks.  Talk about over rated. 

48 minutes ago, Albwan said:

if beane did this and  the qb busted ...omg this it would never be forgotten

and he would go down as the worst gm in bills history.

Even though half this board would want him to do it, even if it cost more.

49 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ah yeah. Luck has been injury proned and when heathy he kinda sucks.  Talk about over rated. 

He averaged over 29 TDs for the years he was healthy,  and 14 INT.  You're crazy.

Plus, look at Rosen's injury history, in college. 

Edited by cle23

11 hours ago, Carter said:

A successful GM doesn’t trade away his pro bowl caliber, play-off reaching QB without a plan in place. We have an agreement.  

We are moving up. No question about it. Guaranteed. 

No other options. 

This draft will be very telling how long beane and Bald Ginger last. If they fail this draft, they will both be gone in ‘19 after the usually 3 years.

Until we land our franchise qb, I suspect beane is still sabotaging our roster and he won’t last here in Buffalo. 

One of the stupider posts I've seen on TBD in a while. 

11 hours ago, kdiggz said:

They should trade 5 1st round picks and get Josh Rosen

Naw,  he will play in one game, where it is 15 degrees, with wind and snow.  Then he will start having headaches from his concussion and he will be surfing for 3 years before the Bills get another 1st round pick and a chance at an early first round QB.

11 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

...Let’s just do it and trade both number ones this year and 2019 and 2020 number ones.... 

Now, taking a cue from politicians, in 2019 and 2020 the Bills deny they traded these picks.  There will be a few who will actually remember, and can prove the picks were traded away, but most of the rest of the public, pundits, and owners won't be any wiser.  Just show up on draft day in '19 and '20, and draft where the team record shows it appropriate.  ?

Why don’t we just trade our first number 1for the next ten years. I have seen some stupid ideas posted and trading both this year and 1st of next two seasons is STUPID oh wait let’s trade our entire 2018 draft for number 1 overall browns need players

Aww yes a Rookie QB without much talent around him, what could go wrong.  Stay at 12, I think the QB hype is just that, hype! One of the top 4 will be there at 12 and if I’m wrong, so be it, build around the QB position and address it next draft.  Let’s say Buffalo gives up the farm to get a QB, but that QB fails, history says it’s likely.  Then we still don’t have a QB and now we don’t have any draft picks and we are set back 3-4 years.

4 hours ago, SoTier said:

One of the stupider posts I've seen on TBD in a while. 

Is this a joke? Youre one of those can’t see the forest for the tree guys aren’t you??

lol

Edited by Carter

15 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I am really tired of the speculation. It seems like 80 percent of the people that post want to get one of the top 3 QB’s. So if your on board with that then Let’s just do it and trade both number ones this year and 2019 and 2020 number ones. Mcbean needs to swing for the fences and get the QB that they want. If you want to get what you want you have to be bold and go for it. I would not have a problem with this but I’m in the camp that I’m ok with Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson. What’s your opinion. 

People scoff at 4 1st round picks to move up but a decade from now some of these QB's will be in their prime and those 4 first round picks will likely be out of the league.

If they miss their QB target here they could be waiting another decade.......you just don't know when you will get another shot.    This is their best shot at a top one since 2004.......it's been a long wait.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, frogger said:

Aww yes a Rookie QB without much talent around him, what could go wrong.  Stay at 12, I think the QB hype is just that, hype! One of the top 4 will be there at 12 and if I’m wrong, so be it, build around the QB position and address it next draft.  Let’s say Buffalo gives up the farm to get a QB, but that QB fails, history says it’s likely.  Then we still don’t have a QB and now we don’t have any draft picks and we are set back 3-4 years.

100 percent agreed. A lot of heads here are getting caught up in the hype. There are a lot more bust QBs than good ones. The records of the past show that. Beane is not trading. We're staying at 12 and I know 2 QBs will drop to us at pick number 12. Josh Allen is not a lost for us. Neither is Sam Dahnold. I didn't buy into the hype. Rosen could become Jeff George/Jay Cutler 2.0. I wouldn't trade all those picks for that.