Josh Rosen most likely to fall out of top 10 due to injuries

17 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Please find the thread I started about Josh Allen.  For one, he was really good in 2016.  I know way more about Josh Allen than you.  So do these guys (see below).  Also, his completion % is like 57% and he throws the ball downfield A TON but he misses "literally half his passes in the flat?"  You need to look up the word "literally" in the dictionary.

Oh my god it's you again. Weren't you going to "drop some book" on me, or something, but then disappeared like a lil beeyatch when I schooled you? You're a clown and won't actually discuss. You just want to declare something and have the rest of us bow to your superior knowledge. We'll, kiss my butt, Scooter. 

lit·er·al·ly
ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
    synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly; More

• informal
      used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
      "I have received literally thousands of letters"
Edited by Domdab99

I’d be more concerned about concussions. He has the highest floor to me, and the 2nd highest upside. He’s sill young enough that he’ll grow into his frame more.

I would think the Bills would be leery about the concussions, but then again, some guys fail one teams physical, but pass another. So maybe the Bills doctors aren’t as concerned. But concussions are a tricky thing.

I do see it as a positive that he’s still playing after those injuries. He’s a smart kid, whose family has money enough that he doesn’t need it. His parents are both doctors (I believe neurosurgeons?) so if it was a real health risk I could see him not wanting to take his career any further. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Okay, but that question was asked of a poster other than yourself. It was a real question. Curious why someone would follow / post on a fan message board if they found draft discussion " unbearable". 

I’ll go - I LOVE some TBD, but dear lord the draft can’t come soon enough.

When you have a bunch of reporters that are experts in the sport saying “I like this guy over that guy for these reasons”, ok.

But when you have poster after poster saying “We’ll, it’s OBVIOUS this guy is the best...”, or “I have eyes, so I know he’s going to be a busy...”, etc., it gets old.  I’m always down to read well thought out opinions, but not a bunch of posts from people that think “I’m smarter than everyone else”.

Fortunately we’ll know the pick soon!

Then TBD can spend the rest of the off season hand-wringing about how the Bills “Definitely screwed this up by trading up / not trading up and taking ________ who it’s plainly obvious is the worst player in the history of the NFL!  So Billsy!!” :beer:  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Oh my god it's you again. Weren't you going to "drop some book" on me, or something, but then disappeared like a lil beeyatch when I schooled you? You're a clown and won't actually discuss. You just want to declare something and have the rest of us bow to your superior knowledge. We'll, kiss my butt, Scooter. 

lit·er·al·ly
ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
    synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly; More

• informal
      used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
      "I have received literally thousands of letters"

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  You have me mixed up with someone else.  But yes, I do have superior knowledge when it comes to Josh Allen's college career, if nothing else.

And now that we agree on the meaning of the word "literally," are you maintaining that Josh Allen literally only completed half of his passes in the flat as a college QB?  If that were the case then he would have had an astronomically high completion percentage on balls thrown downfield.

Just now, Heitz said:

When you have a bunch of reporters that are experts in the sport saying “I like this guy over that guy for these reasons”, ok.

But when you have poster after poster saying “We’ll, it’s OBVIOUS this guy is the best...”, or “I have eyes, so I know he’s going to be a busy...”, etc., it gets old.  I’m always down to read well thought out opinions, but not a bunch of posts from people that think “I’m smarter than everyone else”.

Then TBD can spend the rest of the off season hand-wringing about how the Bills “Definitely screwed this up by trading up / not trading up and taking ________ who it’s plainly obvious is the worst player in the history of the NFL!  So Billsy!!” :beer:  

Agreed 100%.

3 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  You have me mixed up with someone else.  But yes, I do have superior knowledge when it comes to Josh Allen's college career, if nothing else.

And now that we agree on the meaning of the word "literally," are you maintaining that Josh Allen literally only completed half of his passes in the flat as a college QB?  If that were the case then he would have had an astronomically high completion percentage on balls thrown downfield.

Ah, my mistake. However, you have no idea what my knowledge of Josh Allen is. You're just assuming. And as to "literally," did you not see the 2nd definition? It can also be used as hyperbole. (look it up)

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Pizza and wings, we can get him ready! 

The concussions actually bother me more than the “physical” concerns. 

I hadn't considered that. 

You're right.

Beer, wings, and pizza and this kid could put on 50 pounds in an off-season.

Perhaps we could bring back Karlos Williams to act as weight gain coach.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Sure, I get that. You just laugh those off or roll your eyes at that stuff. Just interested why someone would voluntarily subject themselves to something they found so annoying. If it aggravated me that much, I'd avoid it. The OPs post count doesn't look to be one of a longtime board follower. Found it curious is all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Rosen has a body made for the UCLA math team, not the NFL.  The idea of him as Bills QB scares the hell out of me.

I see this guy being broken in half sooner rather than later.  

usa_today_10500139.0.jpg

5a43e957eb8b83dca2556796?ops=maxcontain(

usa_today_10422656.0.jpg

5ac014802078d_Screenshot2018-03-31at7_01_37PM.thumb.png.8443d6f5e5eb5a1118951c301f43bb17.png

5ac01468c6395_Screenshot2018-03-31at7_03_14PM.thumb.png.7339fc21c368c4128ed6de7ed19178b7.png

Just now, purple haze said:

If Rosen is their guy they should feel good about taking him.  He's talented.  I'm not saying he's a statue, but movement is not his game.  He is definitely a pocket passer and he isn't a big guy Like Allen.  If he was Bills WB last season he would have had another concussion.

The mobile guys are at risk too, no doubt, but they will avoid trouble Rosen won't be able to.

Yeah Rosen is definitely your prototypical pocket passer. Personally, I tend to prefer pocket passers though (especially ones who can pick you apart from the pocket like Rosen). 

I honestly believe that his concussion risk can be limited in the NFL though. 

I already mentioned the o line, his pocket movement skills that will continue to improve and adding some weight onto his big 6' 4" frame.

But I also think good coaching will limit the concussion risk too. 

His concussion in the Washington game was a direct result of him trying to do way too much himself. He was unwilling to give up on plays when they broke down. Instead of throwing the ball away or taking the short gain, he was continually trying to extend plays too long and go for the big gains. It led to 4 big sacks, and the final one resulted in a concussion. This isn't all that uncommon among college QBs, especially those with less talent around them on offense. 

I think he will likely be more willing to let his receivers make plays in the NFL.

And If he's coached (better) to stay within the confines of the offense, as well as when to throw the ball away (etc), I think it will make all the difference in the world. He's more than capable of quickly reading a defense and making quick decisions. 

Ultimately though, Mobile QBs are at just as much injury risk as pocket passers.

Look at all the mobile QBs that have had severe injuries over the years. Trying to scramble and run can/will put a QB at just as much (or more) risk as standing in the pocket and taking a hit. We have see plenty of injuries to both types of QBs over the years. 

And yes, mobile QBs may be able to avoid some trouble Rosen won't be able to. But they will also put themselves in injury risk situations (by running/scrambling/playing outside the pocket) that a pocket QB like Rosen won't. 

I guess it all boils down to whether to or not you think Rosen himself is injury prone, or if you think it was bad luck and circumstance. I tend to lean toward the latter. But I will trust that Beane and his scouting staff did the proper research. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jammer8732 said:

Only lost 2 starters on the O line this off season. Back in the Jim Kelly days, we had one of the best O lines in the league. Bad O line + Rookie QB = top 5 pick again next year. 

And that's a bad thing for team building in the long run?

Also, it's pretty decent odds that this year's team will be Bad O line + Rookie QB on the bench + McCarron on the field.

10 hours ago, Jammer8732 said:

Only lost 2 starters on the O line this off season. Back in the Jim Kelly days, we had one of the best O lines in the league. Bad O line + Rookie QB = top 5 pick again next year. 

Next year's QB class isn't as good.

Do you really think a couple rookie linemen will magically transform the line in their first season? I suppose it's "possible", but not something one should count on. So then what? You have a couple of guys that might develop in a couple years. Then you have other, new holes.

Journeyman Olinemen are COMMON. Journeyman QB's are not good enough. I can't believe this needs to be explained.

They have been filling holes for decades, with no success. Entire careers from some pretty good players, have come and gone, all for naught because they haven't had a good QB.

It seems obvious to just about anyone with a brain, that they have accumulated all these picks with the intent of using them to get the QB in THIS DRAFT. 

Edited by OJABBA

There are problems...

He has been a serious pain in the ass to many that have been around him. Not just "difficult".

He is not well liked. There are likely some good reasons why.

It's worth considering, and I'll leave it at that.

Edited by OJABBA